Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

kraftwerk singles posted:

i had an atheist religion teacher in HS who was pursuing a doctorate in theology. he was cool and the class was all about document analyses

that sounds neat, religious history is actually very interesting stuff when it's done with rigor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Phoenixan posted:

i stopped being a christian when i lived in more than one country and learned that muslims weren't horrible people

that's funny my brother in law has lived in like five countries and he sure hates him some muslims

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
it started out as a persecution complex on behalf of the christians getting executed by isis and kinda snowballed and then i muted him on facebook

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
he's canadian and euro, he did move to the usa to join a christian cult for awhile though

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
it's weird because he's friendly and funny and pretty chill irl and he recognizes that he was brainwashed by this whole cult in the past and maybe he needs to be a critical thinker but then he's posting poo poo about how islam is a religion of war, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

syscall girl posted:

well what does he think about all the muslims getting executed by isis?

and theh agnostic/atheist types

that doesn't conflict with his worldview that islam is the religion of murder and war

when christians do it then we play the 'no true christian' card though because obviously his version of christianity isn't like that

• Locked thread