Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I'm an idiot: someone please spoil ice magic for me? so far I've found scrolls for every class of magic except the one I'm using and its getting frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

adhuin posted:

And that requires multiple schools of magic.

Ah okay.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I have to ask for more tips but I am stumped, In the meditation spire how does one get up on the skyway area? I've got the round key and I can see where it goes but I can't figure out for the life of me how to reach it.

Also: What's the spell combo for dispell?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

cool, thanks.

Also, neat magician trick that I just figured out If you make a box shape it makes a force cube around the tile in front of you, trapping enemies both on the tile and getting too the tile, if you do it against a wall you can surround yourself with the cube and heal up / cooldown, works great with poison mist attacks

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

In the room marked The Four Plagues what do I do?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I just want to take a moment to say that whoever thought 'yeah this is cool' about the toad enemies in the bog needs to be taped to their desk overnight.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

CuwiKhons posted:

I've found one skull so far, in a secret in the river area. Speaking of the river area, I'm slightly stuck. There's a sign that says "with a keen eye and sharp aim, they entered" but I guess I just don't have a keen eye because I don't see anything to hit :(

Search around, on the opposite side of the bridge to the sign is an exposed area with a pressure pad you can throw some poo poo onto

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Yeah I can't work out the archives at all, I was just like 'Welp, guess I'm not getting in!' and went to do some other poo poo.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Ok well, while I'm being clueless How does one use the hub, I've been all around the hamlet yet the portal to there is not active, my hub only goes between shipwreck beach and itself, I have a 'hub key' but nowhere to use it from killing the mushroom boss in the bog but I'm stumped on that front

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I've gotten inside the pyramid my question is How do I get past the door with the moon blade and wand of fear? Or any of those doors? do I need items from outside the pyramid?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

That one and the "4 fallen spirits of the bog"(I think they might refer to the four stumps scattered around the zone) are the oldest notes I have in my inventory at the moment.

If you wanna know It actually refers to four of those talking statues, only fallen. You'll find four of them in the area past the teleporter IIRC and the place where they intersect is where you dig up a mimic.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

FuzzySlippers posted:

I restarted with a

Minotaur Barb: Heavy / Armor
Human Alchemist: Light / Armor / Alchemy
Ratling Rogue: Throwing / Accuracy / Light
Human Wizard: Fire / Air / Concentration.

Going much better with this group. Guns might come into their own later but ammo has been scarce enough I'd rather just stockpile it and I'll throw some levels into it then. Alchemist is doing fine on the front line.

Main difference from my first group was dropping the Battle Mage and putting the Alchemist on the front row. Battle Mage seemed alright but it was getting hectic interface wise with two casters in a group. The back row Alchemist was terrible throwing rocks with little skill and very occasionally getting to fire a gun.

That's odd, I'm running the party you didn't like and its working good, front line battle wiz standing besides facetank minotaur backline alchemy shootman with squishiest wizard.

although I did invest in accuracy so he can use daggers as well.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

evilmiera posted:

There are snakes in this game? :ohdear:

I have a terrible phobia of snakes. And underwater stuff. So I probably will never finish the game. I managed to power through Morrowind but this is a bit too high-def for me.

You shouldn't worry about the underwater enemies...

you can't fight back against them anyway~

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Oct 17, 2014

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Morholt posted:

I went through the teleporter at the top of the pyramid and :stare:

That's some Serious Sam type poo poo right there.

Same here, god drat.

Also if you way attention to the graffiti and stuff on the walls the implications become a lot darker.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Friendtip from motherfucker to you, if you're ever really hungry: Just jump in the river and catch fish manually.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Malek posted:

Maybe I'm missing something blatantly obvious but are the sarcophagi interact-able at all? I don't recall any place at all to place the weapons in each of those 4 tombs that stands out and there's just the laying down part.

There's plenty of boring flat surfaces that do stuff when you put stuff on them. Maybe its one of them.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Bobsedgws posted:

Hey so I'm having trouble with the puzzle to enter The Lexiconary

I'm up to the bit where you've got to put the 4 clay figurines into the 4 spaces, and I can't seem to get it right

Ogre is strongest, Skeleton can't fly, Snail is alive and the Crowern can walk? I think I've tried most conbinations too but it isn't working. What am I missing?

Edit: And of course the one thing I try after writing this I solve it. God drat it.

Skeleton can walk, snail can't fly, crow is alive.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I can confirm that bags and boxes still count as inventory, give your minotaur a skull bag. Your alchemist a herb box. Good times all around.

To everyone saying firearms are horrible try not resetting the game repeatedly you stupid idiot shits and you may find you are wrong!!

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

BattleHamster posted:

Yay, beat the game got the good ending!

There's an achievement called Have a Gneiss Time for "defeating the summon stones", anyone have a clue where that is?

Yeah. Its hidden around the shrine of entanglement.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

ok so I've got four elemental orbs, but I still haven't opened the hub in keelbreach bog

How do I progress in this god drat marsh?

nevermind I'm an idiot and did not look thorough enough for ladders

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Oct 19, 2014

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Man, gently caress this room.

I'm on the third layer down of the crypts, there's a room that says 'the door won't open till all light in the room is void' so you gotta walk around on these magic bridges that vanish behind you and get everyone before you reach the end and I see the idea of the room but actually doing it is like god drat what the gently caress.

Also I dunno why you guys think your alchemist has to use guns. Mine uses dex weapons.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

brotip, lightning bolt is an air spell and starts with the same rune as flashing lightning.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

evilmiera posted:

Ok, I don't get the Follow the Light tip in that one scroll, has it got something to do with which tiles light up with that teleporting puzzle and the spider?

Just drop stuff on the lit up pressure plates god drat gently caress poo poo

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I figured out that room. Spoilers if anyone else is stuck:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

FrickenMoron posted:

I absolutely need help with the light platforms room in Oruls crypt. Ive read through the thread, but these instructions dont help me, I need the path shown on an image or something, I always end up with one platform left.

Motherfucker posted:

I figured out that room. Spoilers if anyone else is stuck:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I accidentally left two power gems in a bag in the water in keelbreach bog for like half the time I played.

Also, how are you people getting into the castle without five elements? I thought the elements were literally the key to getting in...

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I tank fall damage and you should too you massive puss.

Also: you can get a free rope in the crystal mines~

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I've had a Gear Key for several hours now, but it doesn't open the portal with a gear lock on it in the castle? What gives?

Also, question for someone who's beaten the game and actually annotated their map: Can someone remind me where to find the part of the legend of Kilhagan that explains where to find the last shrine? I found it a long time ago but I don't remember the wording, and I didn't mark it on my map. I'm definitely going to figure this puzzle out on my own, but I really would prefer not to comb the entire island over again to find one sign.

Its closer than you'd think.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

If you don't pick quick for every insectoid something is wrong with you.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

ok look. Can somebody tell me how I even approach the idea of entering the castle.

so far I have no loving clue. I got four elements and three gems and I'm feeling like the whole 'go get the elements' thing was some bullshit nonsense. There is no loving indicator as to how to get in at all.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Ok so that was dumb as poo poo.

Anyway now to achieve enlightenment before I bother with this castle.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Morholt posted:

Just to save you some time:
the last gem you need for enlightenment is in the castle

I figured this out while being afraid of being locked out of achieving enlightenment the whole drat time.

Also I am sad I will never get to legit kill the trickster and take his fuckin' jaunty hat.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Ghetto Prince posted:

So, I just wandered into the Cache and I have 2 gold keys, should I go crazy or save them?

I recommend save scumming.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Anyone got any tips for beating The island master, I've got the trickster fight down to a science but trying to kill this magic rear end in a top hat is near impossible for me.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I swear this is the third time I've seen the same goddamn changelog posted.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Basically firearms are okay for a time but rapidly don't stack up with other weapon types since their damage can't be increased beyond basic, combined with then no retrievable ammo and the fact that even the top gun with the weird ammo type will only be putting out the same damage as your other weapons they rapidly fall to obsolescence.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Additionally: Heavy weapons can slap them for fairly high damage... to win that bossfight I used my wizmans forcefield ability to force them in front of my frontline minotaur and had him crush them with power attacks while my backline kept the forcefield alive and fed him potions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Also they tend to run out of attacks pretty quick... so once they've pirouetted all their stamina away kill they.

• Locked thread