Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
So I opened The Archive with help from a note I found, but next to that gate there's another one with a more complex opening pattern.

Will I get another note to help open that gate, or is it a bonus for cleverness/brute forceing the combo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Yeah, I've got 5 skulls in my skull sack. I've forged 2 elements though, so I've been playing a lot heh.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Broken Cog posted:

I don't suppose anyone here has gotten far enough to enter the Crystal Mines? I'm at a loss on how to get in here.

Yeah, there's a hint that to get in you have to take the 'snail's path' or similar. I got the gate to open by waiting 10 seconds between steps across the buttons leading to the gate.

Now for my own question about Crystal Mines

Top floor, no problem, did everything I could see and there aren't any unexplored passages or doors on my map. There's quite a lot of blank space but maybe i'll fill it in later.

Abyss level, again I cleared it out fully and got the power crystal.

However, the middle floor, the Core, is giving me trouble. There are a few doors I can't open. One of them needs a Mine Key, which I don't have. I used one earlier in this mine, but haven't found a second one. I went back over all the places I've been looking for another one, but came up empty.

Anyone finish this place fully?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Yeah gently caress those air elemental fuckers. I accidentally telefragged one myself, got an achievement, and then purposely destroyed as many as I could find that way. It was that, or stand there and get pounded while I try to cast like 6 hits of Dispel.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Bleh stuck and frustrated in Orul's Crypt. There's a puzzle of walking on magic floors in the right order to make them all disappear, but I keep ending up with one left.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

MegaCharger posted:

How does the alchemist's herb growing power work? You leave herbs in your inventory alone and it'll slowly go up in number automatically? Can you put the herbs into containers and have it still grow?

Yes and yes.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Finished the game, my guys were level 15 and 16 at the end. Thought you might like to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Wegee posted:

I'm missing so much hidden stuff in comparison to grimrock 1. I can't tell if it's because it's harder to find all the secrets or if it's just because I don't have the patience to look for such minute details. I'm worried I'm passing up a lot of important stuff. I just collected the fourth stone beneath the forest near the beginning. I feel pretty weak though and I went with the custom party that was advised on the previous page. My alchemist is a missile alchemist but I'm still just using a sling and stone which sucks.

I would die for something like the Wizardry 7 Scouting skill, that alerts you to hidden buttons the higher you get it.

• Locked thread