Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Welp. Just had my first crack at the game and got utterly ruined by the first boss on hard. Might start a new game on normal.

Is farmer intended to be a challenge class or just a slow-starting one? I took one first go since it sounded interesting, but no starting skill points meant he was pretty gimped early. I fed him most of the food I found which got him to level 3 before my other guys but that's still behind the others in terms of skill points. Can you abuse resting to spawn more turtles and farm them for food to bolster a farmer to crazy levels or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I just beat the boss of the mushroom dungeon with no losses but lost my wizard running away from all the big mushrooms, then got trapped between two of them in the corridor out of the boss area. I managed to fight my way out but lost two more guys in the process, leaving just my poisoned knight. Quaffing a health potion I just barely made it out of the dungeon and started beelining for the nearest crystal to res and heal before the poison could kill me. Then a loving fly swarm shows up. They move too fast to outrun and without my mage to just oneshot them with fireblast I had to try melee them with my knight, but couldn't hit them. They finished him off and now I have to start the dungeon over again. God drat it. I was so close.

edit: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I just found the crystal that was INSIDE that dungeon, in a room I didn't get around to unlocking before stumbling on the boss. I could have made it. :argh:

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Oct 19, 2014

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

adhuin posted:

That was pretty annoying to find. You pretty much have to do the 2x2 dance against them. Except they're slow as molasses, so it takes twice as long.

Kite them and use ranged attacks.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

That's exactly how quick and auto save work in literally every game ever made. :psyduck:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Dirk the Average posted:

two alchemists

Dirk the Average posted:

who the hell thought that was a good idea?

• Locked thread