Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bwee
i think it's a good thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate
dey whine like babby. is not good.

bog pixie

Bwee posted:

i think it's a good thing

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
speaking about issues = whining like "babby"

ok

ass

CAT BRUSH posted:

speaking about issues = whining like "babby"

ok

it;s true..

mags

i like justice so sign me up. should we focus our outrage? i for one am appalled by the depictions of home room teachers in anime as either absent minded or perverted.

google THIS

do i smell honey?

FluffieDuckie

quote:

Social Justice Warrior: A pejorative term for an individual who repeatedly and vehemently engages in arguments on social justice on the Internet, often in a shallow or not well-thought-out way, for the purpose of raising their own personal reputation. A social justice warrior, or SJW, does not necessarily strongly believe all that they say, or even care about the groups they are fighting on behalf of. They typically repeat points from whoever is the most popular blogger or commenter of the moment, hoping that they will "get SJ points" and become popular in return. They are very sure to adopt stances that are "correct" in their social circle.

The SJW's favorite activity of all is to dogpile. Their favorite websites to frequent are Livejournal and Tumblr. They do not have relevant favorite real-world places, because SJWs are primarily civil rights activists only online.

sounds ok to me :shrug:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Social Justice is a fine pursuit.

Ape Fist

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
it is a fine pursuit :tipshat:

Ape Fist

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
what the gently caress just happened

shin42k

i've heard that the pay isn't that good, but they do have a good health plan

Ace of Baes
well, i for one, am opposed to all kinds of war, and warriors

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Goon: A pejorative term for an individual who repeatedly and vehemently engages in arguments on literally anything on the Internet, often in a shallow or not well-thought-out way, for the purpose of raising their own personal reputation. A goon, or GODDAMN GOON, does not necessarily strongly believe all that they say, or even care about the groups they are fighting on behalf of. They typically repeat points from whoever is the most popular poster or commenter of the moment, hoping that they will "get goon points" and become popular in return. They are very sure to adopt stances that are "correct" in their social circle.

The goon's favorite activity of all is to goon rush. Their favorite websites to frequent are Somethingawful and Fetlife. They do not have relevant favorite real-world places, because goons are primarily able to interact socially only online.

Ace of Baes
*reminiscing* We lost a lot of good men...back in the SOcial Justice War of 2012, there were tweets flying everyhwer...fav stars piled higher than your head, them boys,, they died doing what they loved...blogging

ulvir

I support our social justice veterans, they fought tooth and nail for this country

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I'm gonna go lay some flowers on the tomb of the Unknown Social Justice Warrior :patriot:

Ace of Baes
*rolls of sleeve revealing wrist brace for carpal tunnel*
You kids see that?... got that holding the line during gamergate..

smoobles

heh they're hearts in the right place IMO but social justice warriors only post online so it's kinda useless and laughable

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

op can you talk more about why you think it's a good thing i think that would be helpful

Mogren

Enlightened beast
Spirit among mortals
Spreader of wisdom
Forever watchful
Good kitty
:angelcatte:
War isnt chill.

Bwee

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

dey whine like babby. is not good.

Huh? Why's it not good?

Bwee

smoobles posted:

heh they're hearts in the right place IMO but social justice warriors only post online so it's kinda useless and laughable

Oh?

FluffieDuckie

Nacho Destroyer posted:

*rolls of sleeve revealing wrist brace for carpal tunnel*
You kids see that?... got that holding the line during gamergate..

google THIS

some sentences i've never heard:

"i was really poor and oppressed but thanks to the efforts of self-proclaimed social justice warriors my socioeconomic status has improved greatly."

"i was going to vote this way but a sjw tore up my lovely views on an internet forum so now i'm going to vote that way."

"social justice warriors have had a real tangible impact on my life in some way."

Bwee

Jett posted:

some sentences i've never heard:

"i was really poor and oppressed but thanks to the efforts of self-proclaimed social justice warriors my socioeconomic status has improved greatly."

"i was going to vote this way but a sjw tore up my lovely views on an internet forum so now i'm going to vote that way."

"social justice warriors have had a real tangible impact on my life in some way."

Basically, gently caress you!

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

you still haven't outlined your views op i think that would be helpful

mags

when im outraged i hulk out by consuming Cheetos and Mountain Dew and turn into a forum and tumblr justice colossus able to ignore context and irony in a single bound

treasure bear

im a socia,l justice lover not a social justivce fighter

mags

i hate sjw's because i usually agree with them but prefer respectful conversation and activism vs internet twitter wars and youtube comment arguments

mags

the above post was ironic and was in no way a real post. the poster apologizes if said post was thought to be honest in anyway.

Bwee

Bo-Pepper posted:

you still haven't outlined your views op i think that would be helpful

I think social justice is Good

mags

justice > no justice ???

google THIS

Bwee posted:

Basically, gently caress you!

basically i think the term is loose and doesn't have a consistent definition and it's been co-opted by a lot of morons

so while there are undoubtedly people who fall under the umbrella of "social justice warrior" who do really good things and help people, the term all by itself has at best a neutral connotation

Bwee

Jett posted:

basically i think the term is loose and doesn't have a consistent definition and it's been co-opted by a lot of morons

so while there are undoubtedly people who fall under the umbrella of "social justice warrior" who do really good things and help people, the term all by itself has at best a neutral connotation

Oh?

google THIS

yeah

mags

Jett posted:

hmm

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

What the...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer pal

social justice is great

• Locked thread