Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

confirmmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Do the challenge now, while I'm here. Do itttt

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Confirmed.

I haven't played in ages so to make things easier for myself I'd appreciate if all players could complete the following brief questionnaire:

Are you scum?: Y/N

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Confirmin', Totally Town, amigos!

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Kerro posted:

Confirmed.

I haven't played in ages so to make things easier for myself I'd appreciate if all players could complete the following brief questionnaire:

Are you scum?: Y/N

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Hmm, well that seems plausible.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
Confirmed.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Confirmed.

Somberbrero posted:

The first challenge will begin whenever Rarity is at work

:saddowns:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Confirming that I need to read the rules in the OP.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rarity posted:

Confirmed.

:saddowns:

quit, that'll show him

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Just want to make sure I understand the rules - during challenges, when we contribute points, those points are lost correct? So in your example of contributing 4 violence, the player that did so would have 4 fewer points in violence to use in future? (i.e. they're not like RPG stats that can be applied on multiple occasions)

Also, regarding the purchases I'm assuming wildcard points and anti-points can be used in place of violence etc for challenges as generic positive/negative points?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kerro posted:

Just want to make sure I understand the rules - during challenges, when we contribute points, those points are lost correct? So in your example of contributing 4 violence, the player that did so would have 4 fewer points in violence to use in future? (i.e. they're not like RPG stats that can be applied on multiple occasions)

Also, regarding the purchases I'm assuming wildcard points and anti-points can be used in place of violence etc for challenges as generic positive/negative points?

Yes and yes.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
CONFIRMING THAT I AM SOMETHING LOUD

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Keep going I'm incredibly close

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Opopanax posted:

quit, that'll show him

##vote Somber

NO MODS NO MASTERS

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Confirming my role.

Also, forewarning, I will be advocating VIOLENCE to solve every crisis.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
This game is now titled Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. I'm not the first to make the joke, but it is mine to run through the whole game.

I am Tom Hanks, a ghost.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Confirming my role.

Also, forewarning, I will be advocating VIOLENCE to solve every crisis.

Is this a thing we should do? Skill claiming, I mean? It does make sense in terms of challenges.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I think we probably shouldn't because then the scum can just kill the strongest skilled players.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Magnus Gallant posted:

I think we probably shouldn't because then the scum can just kill the strongest skilled players.

That doesn't 100% track. Especially given that we're probably going to lose a townie for every challenge we lose. Winning challenges is going to be really important, if for no reason other than to keep the points away from scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I just read the op. I remember this setup.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

apostateCourier posted:

That doesn't 100% track. Especially given that we're probably going to lose a townie for every challenge we lose. Winning challenges is going to be really important, if for no reason other than to keep the points away from scum.

Why would we lose a townie for every challenge we lose?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

merk posted:

I just read the op. I remember this setup.

This was done before? What happened that time?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Magnus Gallant posted:

Why would we lose a townie for every challenge we lose?

I have no idea how many points are up for grabs for each challenge, but if it's 3+ then we can expect scum to pick the daykill or nightvig options every time.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

apostateCourier posted:

This was done before? What happened that time?

I don't remember the name of the game. It was a soru run game.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
I look forward to having some challenge data to analyze. I want to gauge the effectiveness of my skills in this new context.

I don't feel that I need powers to find Scum. I intend to remain Vanilla.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

apostateCourier posted:

I have no idea how many points are up for grabs for each challenge, but if it's 3+ then we can expect scum to pick the daykill or nightvig options every time.

Both of those are still going to give us variables by which to judge others. It's kind of hard to just up and daykill someone without getting some flack.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Belated Confirmed

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Lumpen posted:

I look forward to having some challenge data to analyze. I want to gauge the effectiveness of my skills in this new context.

I don't feel that I need powers to find Scum. I intend to remain Vanilla.

i think buying stuff is good just to try and make sure scum doesn't have it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Seattle, 13:03

All over the city, people are committing acts of terrible violence, seemingly at random. A C.O.U.R.I.E.R. surveillance team determines that the cause of the dangerous and erratic behavior is a strange radio signal being broadcast somewhere in the area. Several agents have to be immediately restrained after hearing the broadcast. As they're taken to the sickbay, you hear them speaking in monotonous unison.

"Five. This is five. Ignore the sirens. Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room. Welcome to W.A.S.T.E. Eight. This is eight. We have killed your friends. Every friend is now dead."

The signal only seems to be getting stronger, you wonder how much time you have before it spreads beyond the city limits.

:siren: This is a tech challenge. :siren: It will take 27 tech points for C.O.U.R.I.E.R. to find the source of the signal and stop it.

Rules Reminders
  • The challenge ends in 24 hours or when four people post ##volunteer. If you are volunteering, you need to follow up with me via private messages and say how many points you are spending and what kind.
  • Only relevant points count towards the challenge. Any other points simply do nothing.
  • You still receive reward points if you participate in the challenge and submit zero points.
  • Once you spend your points, they are gone.
  • You are allowed to talk about how you're spending your points before or during your ##volunteer post, but you need to PM me immediately after volunteering.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I am confirming that everyone needs to calm down and think rationally.

I'm sure we can come up with a diplomatic resolution.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Tech is not my strong stat so I'll decline this one.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm kind of middle of the road on tech so I can take this or leave it

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##volunteer

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I'm not well suited to this one.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
##volunteer

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I do not believe VIOLENCE is the best course of action for this task.

I don't think I can grab a wireless signal and waterboard while screaming "TELL ME WHERE THE BOMB IS", but if you all want me to try, welp.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
##volunteer

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

this isn't my forte, but if it's all of yours I could put it over the top probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
##volunteer

• Locked thread