Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I love experimenting :forkbomb:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Confirmed. Am I reading the rules wrong or it going to be super easy to confirm everyone based on the shop?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Right, but if I vig someone (which is the cheapest one, for some reason), I am 100% mod confirmed town at that point

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh, scum can buy town items. That makes more sense

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Do the challenge now, while I'm here. Do itttt

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rarity posted:

Confirmed.

:saddowns:

quit, that'll show him

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm kind of middle of the road on tech so I can take this or leave it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If ras were scum he'd lie, I think you're all barking up the wrong tree

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CapitalistPig posted:

Literally made three posts.

One sign up for the game

One confirmation

and this

##vote tasteecakes

You should post more

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Merk, give me a believable reason why ras didn't just go "I put in 7". Why give a low number and draw attention?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That seems like a stupid plan

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

But he could just say "I did 8" and take the heat off, I can't see the advantage in putting in a low number like that.
Bear in mind too that scum are supposed to put in wrong points or none at all, and if he'd done that you never would have been able to complete the challenge amongst the three of you. Just putting in a low number and hoping it fails is pointless, and the fact that it passed proves ras put in at least something.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't really see anything wrong with that post. At least he's doing something

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rarity posted:

He's being a dick.

Hi Rarity, welcome to Mafia on the somethingawful.com forums, I hope you have fun here

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

What game am I in? Where am I? What is this place where being rude and mean automatically means you're scum

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Why are we voting him for saying nothing vs all the other people saying nothing?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm out, not diplomatic at all

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The votes on krell are absolute poo poo, as are the votes on ras.

Also, someone changed Krell to me, which is odd. If you want to put your lovely on votes on him you'll have to do it again

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

My vote on Ras is a good, content-driving vote.

I forgot add "But at least the ones on ras have reasoning behind them"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

I remember how to break this game now. We need to win this challenge so I can confirm myself as Town.

Scum can buy town items, I already thought of that

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kerro posted:

##volunteer

I can't quite do my share of this mission, but have still contributed a sizeable amount. Someone will need to do more than their share.

Why would you volunteer if you don't feel you can contribute enough?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I want to see immediate numbers from the volunteers

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Actually going forward I like claiming in the volunteer post like AC did, I think that's smart as it will dissuade people who can't contribute enough, and someone with a high number could perhaps save some for later

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kerro posted:

Why would you only contribute 5 points for something that needed 27 between four people, especially with no prior communication in thread?

I'm pretty sure it's Kerro. Pulls the same maneuver here that he chastised ras for, possibly hoping to slip under the wire with it. Then comes out swinging with a (possibly prepared) case. I don't like any of it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You handicapped the town. You forced people to pour in points knowing full well we might not make it. And as an added bonus any high point diplomats you pulled in now lost a bunch for nothing. Now this I see the scum reasoning for ##vote kerro

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tremendous Taste posted:

would lynch:

krell
merk
opop
ras
rar

Thanks for the update

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

Yeah, that's a good case on Kerro reading it again and looking at the context. I may vote with it.

Yeah I guess it pays to look at what people have written instead of just firing off a snap vote huh

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yep ##vote rarity
Reads like she went for an easy kill and was surprised by the push back

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rarity posted:

You what? I don't even get this. Explain.

I believe you felt Krell would be an easy lynch, started to push for it and then met resistance from him and other people in the thread, and then went into a tailspin. You're going after him with baseless personal attacks that don't jive with his play in this game, and you are not handling how it's going well at all

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ad is the only one out of the four I wouldn't vote at this time, but Kerro looks like a slam dunk to me

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm at work and won't be here for deadline, so giving a quick look at the others, I think Kerro is probably the lynch that's going to happen. Don't know if it's my first choice or not, but if that is the way the wind blows, let it not be said that I do not also blow.

##vote Kerro

Would switch to PM

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Odd ##vote kerro

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's got to be merk or Pmush, by my thinking. And I'm inclined to think merk

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I can't tell if this is town merk being mopey and defeatist, or scum merk trying a new tactic

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote mushroom

Ok I guess merk is being a legit sad sack and I don't see that happening as scum

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Poison Mushroom posted:

Merk has been pushing weird cases at least since I joined. Been too busy to read the thread. Including a weak Mills meta thing on me.

I'm working late again today. If I get turbo lynched, check out Merk and Rarity tomorrow.

Why rarity instead of aC? There is for sure at least 1 scum on that last mission.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I have a low amount of points but I think it's best if I go. If mushroom is telling the truth I'll have enough to make up the difference, and if she's lying I'm not a big loss

##volunteer

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

No? You and pig put in 6 each, mush put in 8, I put in 3 to cover the spread

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I wouldn't lie about putting in 3. It's either mushroom doing a scum Hail Mary, or one of you setting her up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

apostateCourier posted:

Don't they have to be in the challenge to use anti-points?

That was my understanding

• Locked thread