Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah sure. Don't post challenges while I'm at work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Confirmed.

Somberbrero posted:

The first challenge will begin whenever Rarity is at work

:saddowns:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Opopanax posted:

quit, that'll show him

##vote Somber

NO MODS NO MASTERS

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
##volunteer

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I contributed 8 as well, one of these three is scum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

Because that's what I had and 5 was pretty good judging by the rest of my scores. I figured it was worth volunteering and contributing that.

This is weak. I find it hard to believe 5 was your highest number and even if it was that you would feel confident enough on the first challenge to submit just 5 on a target of 27.

##vote Rascyc

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tremendous Taste posted:

He'd be confident in putting in 5 if he knew a scum mate was going to put in 8

That's dumb, scum wouldn't want the challenge to succeed anyway.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

5 was just shy of being 1/4th of the total needed, I figured people who snap volunteered could contribute more than 5 (because I know what my highest point value is and I figured people immediately jumping would be on the upper end of the spectrum and could carry a bit).

You can call it weak if you want, I don't think it was a weak play at all. What did you expect to see?

Firstly, 5 is nowhere near 1/4 of 27. Now you saying that you assumed people could contribute enough to make up for it doesn't vibe with this at all.

Rascyc posted:

Because that's what I had and 5 was pretty good judging by the rest of my scores. I figured it was worth volunteering and contributing that.

If you had an 8/9, which is what you'd need to have to think you could get away with submitting 5, then you wouldn't think of 5 as 'pretty good'.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kerro posted:

I could kinda see a merk/Rarity gambit, but for now it seems more likely to treat it as the more probable situation that they're both town who were able to contribute.

I cannot come up with a convincing narrative for contributing only 5 as a town player - it seems to make a hell of a lot more sense as a scum play. I'm kinda not comfortable with how quickly everyone's jumped on Rascyc though when Magnus only contributed one more and had volunteered earlier.

Ras has been on alert from the moment I first said one of the other three was scum. His explanation for his contribution is weak and contradictory. While I think Magnus's contribution is also pretty lame, his reasoning that it would give him insight into other players sounds more reasonable and it's a move I can easily see him making.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

I'm not going to reveal all my scores to you, sorry. I think my previous answer speaks enough for what I was going for here.

I didn't ask you to reveal your scores and I'm not sure why you think that I was. I was pointing out the most logical thought processes arising from whatever your possible scores are.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

What is contradictory? That's the first time you've mentioned that word.

Rarity posted:

Firstly, 5 is nowhere near 1/4 of 27. Now you saying that you assumed people could contribute enough to make up for it doesn't vibe with this at all.

If you had an 8/9, which is what you'd need to have to think you could get away with submitting 5, then you wouldn't think of 5 as 'pretty good'.

You do know what paraphrasing means, right?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

This is basically asking me to corroborate my highest scores.

Not even close. There are two possibilities:

1) Your highest score is 8 or 9 so you think it's ok to volunteer with 5. In that case you wouldn't think 5 was 'pretty good'.

2) Your highest score is 7 or less in which case 5 is pretty good but you wouldn't want to risk submitting it for a total of 27 from 4 people.

Whatever your highest score is, your stated thought processes don't follow a logical town reasoning.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

Yes what's the contradiction? Elaborate more.

Holy poo poo are you even reading my posts? I literally just explained it.

Rarity posted:

1) Your highest score is 8 or 9 so you think it's ok to volunteer with 5. In that case you wouldn't think 5 was 'pretty good'.

2) Your highest score is 7 or less in which case 5 is pretty good but you wouldn't want to risk submitting it for a total of 27 from 4 people.

Whatever your highest score is, your stated thought processes don't follow a logical town reasoning.

Do I need to add glowing sirens?

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

Rarity posted:

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren:

Rarity posted:

:frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
RAS I'M NOT SURE IF YOU NOTICED THAT COULD YOU CONFIRM PLEASE?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

5 + 6 + 8 + 8 = 27 what am I missing?

Ah yo veo la problema. No hablas ingles!

Rarity posted:

Ni siquiera cerca . Hay dos posibilidades:

1 ) Tu puntaje más alto es 8 o 9 por lo que creo que está bien para ser voluntario con 5. En ese caso, usted no pensaría 5 era ' bastante bueno ' .

2 ) Su puntuación más alta es 7 o menos , en cuyo caso 5 es bastante bueno, pero no querría arriesgarse a enviarlo para un total de 27 a partir de 4 personas.

Sea cual sea su puntuación más alta es , sus procesos de pensamiento establecidos no siguen un razonamiento lógico de la ciudad.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tremendous Taste posted:

Bus is a lil obv rar

I'll ask for scumtips when I'm scum, thanks :greenangel:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

I just realized what you did. That's a pretty lovely / game-breaking way to confirm me as Town.

You should probably restart this setup after that post. I know apostate is Town and he knows I am Town because you didn't discuss whether you would send out PMs to players who won challenges with their point totals.

I got a PM though :confused:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

merk posted:

...and apostate didn't even volunteer so the gambit wouldn't have made any sense at all. Disregard everything I said in the last five posts.

SA's best mafia player, ladies and gentlemen.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

apostateCourier posted:

Merk, I like your thought process, but one thing about it is stopping me from voting Rascyc. Why would he, as scum, claim 5?

At the time we thought we'd lost the challenge. If he'd claimed higher than 5 then we might have ended up over 27 and then it would be obvious someone was lying.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lumpen posted:

##vote Rarity
"sevenths"

Huh?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Krell, can we go back to the time when you didn't play mafia?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Opopanax posted:

I don't really see anything wrong with that post. At least he's doing something

He's being a dick.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Harold Krell posted:

I find it hypocritical that my behavior offends you even though you are outright slinging slurs at me in the middle of a game. It's funny because I have never personally shown you any disrespect ever before, so what exactly is it about me you find so dickish? I am interested in hearing about your answer.

You're arrogant, pompous and disrespectful. Get over yourself.

##vote AC

I think it's more likely that scum would claim to put in lots of points this time considering the heat that Ras got.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Harold Krell posted:

No.

YOU are the one who is being arrogant.

YOU are the one who is being pompous.

YOU are the one who is DEFINITELY being disrespectful.

You dare say these things to me when you were the one to call me a dick in the first place? You never really answered my question either. I personally will not put up with simplistic and crude responses like this. Please explain to me with EVIDENCE as to why I am irksome to you. Your response may be enlightening to you as well as myself.

I believe this will explain everything.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Opopanax posted:

Yep ##vote rarity
Reads like she went for an easy kill and was surprised by the push back

You what? I don't even get this. Explain.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Opopanax posted:

I believe you felt Krell would be an easy lynch

I'm not even voting for him myself.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Kerro's case is bad but I think he has a point in that somebody must have lied for town to fail the challenge. Of the four involved. It makes more sense for scum to lie with big numbers than small numbers. Ergo, AC is the most likely liar. I'd vote her but I already am!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

apostateCourier posted:

This makes zero sense, as all scum would have to do is commit zero points to fail the challenge. Three players contributing 8 makes it fall short. Additionally, suggesting that you (Kerro) didn't put enough in without actually stating a number makes townies burn even more points in order to pick up the slack. Kerro be scum.

You're right, that's a fair point.

##vote Kerro

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I think merk is town here. I'm down for AC or Pmush at the moment, nobody else.

Also I love that I've made Pmush a thing :D

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm down to lynch Pmush. 2 days to deadline though, what are we gonna talk about?

Say, how about that local sports team, guys?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Also be warned that either PMush or AC has a vig now. It cost 3 points so whoever has it is confirmed scum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Taste, I don't like you trying to lead the lynch away from the Pmush/AC vote. It looks like you're trying to buy the scum in there an extra day.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tremendous Taste posted:

4 people claimed something that logically only 3 people will have. c'mon

2 people were involved in 2 challenges that failed. One of them is scum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

apostateCourier posted:

That, or one scum was in each challenge. Hence my paranoid re-read looking for evidence of an opop/merk team.

That's a fair point but

Poison Mushroom posted:

Well, we're guaranteed to hit scum between myself, AC and Merk, still. TTaste is just being obtuse.

And I believe merk was town so I'm sticking with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
##vote Pmush

• Locked thread