Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Steam Store Link

Roundabout is a brand-spankin’ new game made by No Goblin. This studio consists of a two-person team, both of which are goons: DeliciousBees and Panzer Skank!

Roundabout is a 3D puzzle action-platformer-racey skeleton-filled extravaganza! Semi-inspired by Kuru Kuru Kururin, that weird stick rotating game, you control Georgio Manos as they start a rotating limousine service in the late 1970s town of Roundabout. You undertake missions which involve driving to a certain location or meeting specific objectives set by the passenger. All the while, your vehicle is rotating in place, meaning that you need to time and maneuver yourself properly through a series of obstacles.

An additional twist: the tale of Georgio’s experiences is told through full-motion video cutscenes! With real people!! Welcome to the future of video games.

What else?
So many features!

Roundabout is a video game and its on sale NOW via Steam, and coming soon to Xbone & PS4!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQFTXNI7zhs&hd=1

Zorak fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Sep 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmJDoB8f8SA&hd=1

esports

Zorak fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Sep 19, 2014

MGN001
May 12, 2012

Congratulations to DeliciousBees and Panzer Skank on the release. I'm enjoying your game. At least, I was until I had to go to class. (I'm now enjoying your game during class.)

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Thank you, Zorak and No Goblin games, for saving me from the tyranny of my sixteen bucks.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm probably going to pick this up because the skeleton is named Geoffrey, and as a Jeffrey, I need to support any Geo/Jeffs in video gaming.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Does Psychedelic Eyeball have voice acting in this please say yes

Seriouspost, sounds like a fun game, though I can't see any video at work. I'll have to give it a looky tonight.

Mr. Bill
Jan 18, 2007
Bourgeoisie Pig

Ciaphas posted:

Seriouspost, sounds like a fun game, though I can't see any video at work. I'll have to give it a looky tonight.

If you watch the Launch Trailer, Psych's the voice of the rival french limo driver EVIL EIFFEL TURKEY

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

The answer to this question may be within in the launch trailer itself

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Zorak posted:

The answer to this question may be within in the launch trailer itself

Figures! Stupid work proxy blocking the your tubes. :(

Mored0ts
Mar 18, 2009
Here's a special tip just for you guys:

I saved a whole cent(€) by buying the game and the deluxe edition seperate instead of in the bundle. Payed only 15.98 and laughed all the way to the bank, baby.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

No one else on my friends list has this yet. Even the Roundabutt mode didn't sway them. :(

quote:

Desert Limo Mode

I can't wait to unlock this. Unless it's already unlocked and too subtle for me to notice.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Sep 19, 2014

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Also, for folks who are totally in-the-dark about the game, reviews are popping up starting today!

8/10 from Gamespot!

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I managed to grab one of the codes being given out by Panker Skank at medibot's stream earlier, but it's still downloading :argh:

Hurry up internet I wanna spin my passengers right round baby right round

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I want to get this game as soon as I can afford it, the quicklook over at Giant Bomb made it look like a lot of fun and I love the weird FMV stuff. High on my list, though it'll be a while before I can spare the cash. (im poor as poo poo, rip college)

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
drat my 1.2 MB/s download rate! I want to play this before bed!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I was just trying to remember the name of this game, good timing.

I can already tell it won't scratch my Kururin itch but it looks fun nonetheless.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
I literally will almost always laugh even when I get myself trapped and explode. It's just too fun.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
This game is absolutely chock full of goons.

I'm the DMV Instructor/Baseball Coach! :aaa:

Everyone needs to buy this game now, those balls aren't going to base themselves.

Ragny
Feb 29, 2012

I WANT YOU
FOR XCOM ARMY
You can even play it subtitled in french if you so desire by going in the steam properties and change the language option there.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

One day. One day I will clear the "don't explode in a fiery wreck" objective for a mission.

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope

ixnay posted:

This game is absolutely chock full of goons.

I'm the DMV Instructor/Baseball Coach! :aaa:

Everyone needs to buy this game now, those balls aren't going to base themselves.

You freaking nailed both parts, man. I loved those scenes.

Please play Roundabout. Please support esports.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Congratulations on actually releasing the game, bees & panzer. Now to watch those sweet steambucks roll in!

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Ragny posted:

You can even play it subtitled in french if you so desire by going in the steam properties and change the language option there.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]

this is correct.

This game is pro and the goons in it are the pro-est.

Metromonkey
Nov 6, 2012
I gotta say Ragny, some of your top scores are bit excessive. I'll never figure out how you managed to do Farming Simulator '77 in 21 seconds.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
Game is pretty fun yall

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
I put a burger on my limousine and then ran over like two dozen people. GOTY.

dizaero
Jan 30, 2012

CORRECT ANSWER
YUO ARE SMART
Oh snap. Didn't realize this was releasing today. I'm buying this!

IdolNinja
Mar 7, 2011

It's our time now!
Let's get this shit started!
I have adored every single moment spent with Roundabout. It is the delicious bee's knees.

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS
The Memorial on the Island is the best thing. :3:

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Demp posted:

The Memorial on the Island is the best thing. :3:
Did you see the achievement tied to that? :unsmith:

dizaero
Jan 30, 2012

CORRECT ANSWER
YUO ARE SMART

Geop posted:

It's Tuesday: Stand still for a minute of silence at The Memorial.

The game is still downloading for me so I haven't seen it yet, but what is that a reference to?

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS

Geop posted:

Yup. :unsmith:

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
If you buy the deluxe version of the game, you get a nice soundtrack that you can either listen to MP3s of in your own player, or with a kickin' rad dance party video. It's like the 1970s never left!

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Going on record to say this game is rad as hell ya'll.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I just wanna take a quick moment to thank Magnetic North, who gifted me the game back in April because I won a contest he was holding by unleashing my inner 10 year old and drawing a :krad: 70s car. Thanks Magnetic North. :3:

Downloading the game now. Let's go Georgio! :black101:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

dizaero posted:

It's Tuesday: Stand still for a minute of silence at The Memorial.

The game is still downloading for me so I haven't seen it yet, but what is that a reference to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlqXLqQs2D0

DecayDOA
Jun 3, 2013

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Not much to say other than Roundabout is hella good and you should get it. The closest thing I can compare it to is Katamari Damacy, except in no sense is it much of anything like Katamari Damacy.

Popoi
Jul 23, 2000

Dave Lang's Turnover is a very good game so far. I don't know if there's been a game that charmed me that quickly since the first Katamari.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
drat, I've already been whining about how many games that I want to spend money on are coming out, and now super-rad games I wasn't even looking forward to are appearing outta nowhere!

But I watched the trailer and couldn't grab my wallet fast enough.

• Locked thread