Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'm a Bills fan now. Go Bills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'm a Bills fan now. Go Bills.

It's like Bullet Time from Max Payne

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Welcome back to 1976, Tampa Bay.

Now do the honorable thing and bring back Bucco Bruce and the Creamsicles.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Thank you, Tampa Bay, for probably being worse than the Jags this season and thus making me feel a smidge better about my team.

We didn't throw a bucket of money at a McCown, after all. (This time, anyway.)

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Holy gently caress you are bad Buccaneers

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The NFL should force the Bucs to wear the Creamsicle unis for the rest of the season

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
Thursday night football does not get much better than that.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I said this in the GDT thread, but Hester happily crying because he broke the TD record and Mike Smith walking over and asking him "What's wrong?" was really weird.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Quest For Glory II posted:

The NFL should force the Bucs to wear the Creamsicle unis for the rest of time

:agreed:

Somehow this is going to be brought up by Bears fans about how they "were right" about Lovie

like, I'm almost sure I'll hear it sometime this week.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It sure would've been nice if the Bucs had a top-tier cornerback to put on Julio Jones, didn't throw valuable cap money at a McCown, and didn't hire an old-school coach who is quickly looking like the game passed him by.

Man, that would be something.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lovie Smith sabotaged his special teams and punted it to Hester over and over to give him the record like when Favre dropped so that Strahan could get the single season sack record. Nothing is true. Everything is permitted. Stay safe, everyone.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
A note to people who didn't watch the game, at one point in the third quarter it was 56-0

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I'm not sure if that game happened. This Bucs season is going to be like the 2007 Dolphins season.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Saw "taintsnap" in thread title, was not disappointed.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

"Josh McCown is our quarterback." -Lovie Smith, 2014-2014

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I know the season is still young, but if I was a Bucs fan I'd be calling for heads already. Lovie rolled down there and acted like he could just plug in the Tampa 2 (which was already becoming obsolete during his final years in Chicago), make a few free agent splashes and then make a playoff run for his grand career revival.

Three weeks in and that's already backfiring. This team somehow looks even worse than they did in the Schiano years (I know McCoy was out, but still). Complete disaster all around.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
Never in Chicago did a Lovie Smith defense look that lost. That was surreal.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

drat, Deion and Hester having an emotional moment

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Deion and Hester. :unsmith: This is pretty special.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's a race to the bottom for Tampa and Oakland

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Benne posted:

Three weeks in and that's already backfiring. This team somehow looks even worse than they did in the Schiano years (I know McCoy was out, but still). Complete disaster all around.

McCown is his worst crime. Some really dumb Bears fans wanted him but you're supposed to be beyond that type of thing if you actually have some say in personnel decisions. But at the same time the defense seems to have been amazingly terrible.

I guess if you want an excuse he's been without an OC for a while, even if that OC is Jeff Tedford. That's probably a difficult thing to deal with for any team where the head coach isn't the actual OC.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

gently caress me

ProFro
Jun 29, 2008

DupaDupa posted:

I blame Leslie Frazier. The defense was terrible for the exact same reasons the Vikes were bad on D last year, namely nobody could tackle and the coverage was so soft all the defensive backs were miles away from the receivers.

Although tbqh I'm not sure if that was a football game or Alejandro Jodorowski's Dune

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I'm pretty mad at the NFL right now,
I turn on TNF to watch with my 2 1/2 year old daughter, and they're broadcasting a snuff film instead. Disgusting stuff, she's way too young to be exposed to to such filth.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Hester getting the record was awesome

However, gently caress the Falcons

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

DupaDupa posted:

Do you think it might have had anything to do with the freak show offense of TB?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Decided to skip this game because it looked like a suckfest. Just saw the score.

Was it as glorious as it seems

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Febreeze posted:

Decided to skip this game because it looked like a suckfest. Just saw the score.

I didn't care much for it

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp

Intruder posted:

And they don't play each other so that race to the #1 draft pick will be fierce!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Febreeze posted:

The first 30 minutes are a masterpiece

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

wasianchickn posted:

And they don't play each other so that race to the #1 draft pick will be fierce!

Tampa will end up picking like 9th somehow.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Febreeze posted:

Have you seen the masterpiece "Man Getting Hit in the Groin with a Football"? Basically that on repeat for 4 quarters, so if that's your kinda thing then yeah, pretty glorious.

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog

Intruder posted:

OAK would be the home team then

The game was out of hand by the half

Ugly Tony fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Sep 19, 2014

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Febreeze posted:

It was 56-0 with three minutes left in the third quarter.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
What a shitshow.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
lmao

-a bucs fan

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

It's kinda weird it's almost like McCown's success last year was tied directly with having Marc Trestmen, Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall or something.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Ty1990 posted:

It's kinda weird it's almost like McCown's success last year was tied directly with having Marc Trestmen, Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall or something.

Vjax and Evans are really similar receivers though, albeit a step down.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ty1990 posted:

He's still got Jackson and Evans. It was an extreme outlier season no matter how you slice it, and betting on a guy who threw 8 TD's to 8 INT's in the CFL after he washed out of the NFL the first time to repeat it was a silly play by the Bucs. I would've just started Glennon from the get-go. He wasn't that terrible last year, and he looked outright good a few times. Played a smart, safe game against the Seahawks last year, and took it to OT. Should've just rolled with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Welp.

http://deadspin.com/falcons-buccaneers-highlights-as-called-by-wrestling-l-1636684513

• Locked thread