Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

E_Motion posted:

I don't know why I thought Lovie was going to bring the Bucs to the playoffs

You're not alone, brother :hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Michael Johnson deserves better than this. Give him back, Bucs.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Atticus Finch posted:

Michael Johnson deserves better than this. Give him back, Bucs.

Pay us what we're paying him and you can have him, I don't think he's generated a single pressure much less hit or sack all year. We deserve better, gently caress Michael Johnson.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

Fun fact: Vontaze Burfict already has more tackles, sacks, INTs and FFs than Keith Rivers. He also has more tackles than Adam Jones (8 years), and Robert Gaethers (11 years). LOL.

Unless your cornerback is Antoine Winfield, it's hardly surprising that a 3 down linebacker would have racked up more tackles than a veteran DE or DB.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

AkumaHokoru posted:

Can someone tell me exactly what the gently caress went on last night? they import 2 college teams and slap nfl uniforms on them?

Tampa Bay thought it would be a good idea to give a McCown a lot of money to play quarterback in the NFL in 2014.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Bigass Moth posted:

Tampa Bay thought it would be a good idea to give a McCown a lot of money to play quarterback in the NFL in 2014.

McCown isn't on defense and special teams though, two things Lovie Smith has a reputation for. (Well Toub probably deserves credit for special teams, but Lovie had him as coordinator.)

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

A Pale Horse posted:

We deserve better, gently caress Michael Johnson.
This is an unacceptable point of view.

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
Julio Jones is on pace for 123 catches/1947 yards

My favorite part of early seasons: making ridiculous projections.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Daniel Jeremiah @MoveTheSticks

If the Bucs added up their point total for all 3 games, they still would’ve lost tonight, 56-45.

Butthead
May 31, 2011
Breaking News: The NFL has placed the entire Falcons roster on the exempt list pending video review of their alleged assault on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Thursday

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice

Chichevache posted:

You're not alone, brother :hfive:

I always liked Lovie when he was with the Bears, but after watching the first half of that game, it seems like Lovie spent his year off forgetting everything he knows about defense and special teams. I mean, a defense that makes Devin Hester look like a bonafide WR can't be good. (Hester still owns as returner though and i'm happy for him he broke Deion's record!)

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I know you can't fire someone three games into their coaching tenure but man alive heads need to roll after last night.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

A Pale Horse posted:

Pay us what we're paying him and you can have him, I don't think he's generated a single pressure much less hit or sack all year. We deserve better, gently caress Michael Johnson.

I didn't know Tampa even had defensive ends based on the Carolina game. Invisible.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

I almost felt bad (not really) because I was basically rooting for the Bucs shitshow to never stop last night and it felt kinda like rooting against a profoundly disabled kid in the special olympics

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

E_Motion posted:

I always liked Lovie when he was with the Bears, but after watching the first half of that game, it seems like Lovie spent his year off forgetting everything he knows about defense and special teams.
Did Lovie ever know special teams? They had Toub. I'm pretty sure he was given free reign.

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice

FizFashizzle posted:

I know you can't fire someone three games into their coaching tenure but man alive heads need to roll after last night.

quote:

In 1978, [George Allen] was brought back to coach the Rams, only to be let go before the season even began. Players' upheaval and two losses in the preseason were enough for owner Carroll Rosenbloom to hit the eject button.

Ozu posted:

Did Lovie ever know special teams? They had Toub. I'm pretty sure he was given free reign.

I forgot about Toub, you're right. Scrap the special teams part then.

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

his red cleated foot looks like an octopus tentacle

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Remember this day that an organization in 2014 hitched its season to a McCown brother.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I woke up today thinking about this game and I was late for work because I spent all morning looking at highlights and laughing.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Don't worry, Bears fans, we've got Santonio Holmes returning punts.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ozu posted:

I would say being smart enough to allow Toub to do his thing with special teams was a point in his favor though, considering it seems like a lot of coaches don't put any thought at all into special teams and it fucks them.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

Fun fact: Vontaze Burfict already has more tackles, sacks, INTs and FFs than Keith Rivers. He also has more tackles than Adam Jones (8 years), and Robert Gaethers (11 years). LOL.
What does any of this have to do with last night's game

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

A Pale Horse posted:

We deserve better

Lol no we don't

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Cole posted:

Lol no we don't

You really don't. You made Lincoln Kennedy cry.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It's not like they didn't have 7 chances to take him. I'm glad Baltimore didn't draft him though. Burfict is an rear end in a top hat cheapshot artist. Still a really good player.

Lol, OK. He has a few stupid plays, but that's probably going to happen when you average 150 tackles a year. He gets called a bunch for borderline stuff cause of his reputation. You probably remember he got called for a facemask against y'all week one? Watch the play, Terrance Newman grabbed the facemask while Tez assisted with the tackle.

At the end of the day you can take your phoney moral high ground and I'll take our 23 year old all pro linebacker. Particularly when the first 6 years of his career will average out to around 3.5 million a year.

MaximumBob
Jan 15, 2006

You're moving who to the bullpen?

Chichevache posted:

I would say being smart enough to allow Toub to do his thing with special teams was a point in his favor though, considering it seems like a lot of coaches don't put any thought at all into special teams and it fucks them.

Given his negligent attitude towards offense, I'd characterize it less as "being smart enough to let Toub do his thing" and more "not being capable of running/caring about anything but the defense."

I'd be alarmed by that defensive effort if I was a Tampa fan, because that's the only phase you should trust Lovie to handle, and that wasn't just poor talent that caused problems last night, it was lack of effort and bad decision-making, too.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

kidcoelacanth posted:

What does any of this have to do with last night's game

poo poo, you're right. I had this open on my phone and thought it was NV. :ohdear:

f1av0r
Jan 13, 2008
This is stupid the bucs need to open up the passing attack. Bring in tebow

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

What a terrible dream. Thank God it's Thursday!

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Congrats to Devin Hester, for real, he has a shitload of talent returning the ball. I'm not sure that we've seen enough to say that he is going to have some breakout year as a receiver though. NO's defense was not very good and TB's was nonexistent, and he didn't do anything against Cincy. Could he have been used better on offense in Chicago? Yeah, for sure. But do I regret the fact that we got rid of him? No, not really.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

f1av0r posted:

This is stupid the bucs need to open up the passing attack. Bring in tebow

This was a joke, but I'm not convinced Tebow wouldn't actually help this offense.

beejay posted:

But do I regret the fact that we got rid of him? No, not really.

Santonio Holmes.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Chilichimp posted:

Santonio Holmes.

Hester's salary expectations were too high when there were greater holes elsewhere. I'd have been pleased to keep him for cheap, but he's in a place where he can succeed. I'm really, really happy he got the record. :unsmith:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Really laughing pretty hard at the Packers fans who were upset about losing EDS right now.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

DupaDupa posted:

Hester's salary expectations were too high when there were greater holes elsewhere. I'd have been pleased to keep him for cheap, but he's in a place where he can succeed. I'm really, really happy he got the record. :unsmith:

Yeah, Chicago was kind of in Fuckedsville when it came to holding on Hester. I guess reasonable Chicago fans would say they don't regret the decision to cut Hester, but they do miss him returning punts.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Maybe Rex Grossman was awesome and Lovie Smith was just holding him back? Makes you think.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Tampa Bay is where people go to ruin their careers and make the public hate them. Joining that team is the football equivalent of attacking Russia in the winter.

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

This whole year I have foolishly been expecting Bill O'Brian to be Schiano 2.0 when it turns out in spirit he never actually left Tampa.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

YESTERDAY WAS WEDNESDAY LALALA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Logan :smith:

• Locked thread