Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
sittin in a ball pit drinking kombucha out of a sippy cup. im an adult. six figgies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm an adult but how do I pay a bill???

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

I worked four years as an in-house photographer without ever even meeting my manager post-interview but that's not a field that calls for adult ballpits either so

Same. Did a fuckton of video and graphics work and the most I'd see of my higher ups would be the occasional email with revisions.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

paranoid randroid posted:

sittin in a ball pit drinking kombucha out of a sippy cup. im an adult. six figgies.

thats some decee six figgies brah

kombucha is gross though. drink some soylent

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Rocks posted:

The tech sector is full of the smartest most innovative ideas ever, moving the human race forward in ways never seen before. For instance look at this office

looks like the romper room at mcdonalds

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
every time my startup friends send me snapchats of workplace ping pong tables and beer and poo poo I look at the clock and it's like 9pm alamo

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

zoux posted:

I'm an adult but how do I pay a bill???

use mom.com to pay bills, do laundry, clean your house, and generally infantalize you, all for only $199/month

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Rocks posted:

use mom.com to pay bills, do laundry, clean your house, and generally infantalize you, all for only $199/month

There's a smart phone app for that called Alfred that hires a minimum wage butler to use your apps for you and to deliver you groceries and other basic adult things

lmao seriously this won a stupid tech event as the STARTUP BATTLEFIELD winner

quote:

Afterward, your “Alfred” will head over weekly to drop off your clean laundry, put it in the closet, drop off your household supplies, and replace supplies as needed – like putting new paper towels on a towel holder, for example

DISRUPT YOUR LIFE

Xaris fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Sep 19, 2014

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Roargasm posted:

every time my startup friends send me snapchats of workplace ping pong tables and beer and poo poo I look at the clock and it's like 9pm alamo

lol

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
top google searches:
how to iron shirt
how long to cook rice
my social security number

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
reasons to go into tech
- curb your enthusiasm music starts playing whenever you walk into a room

StdNormDist
May 2, 2010

The stupidest part of this is that they repackaged hiring some help into a smartphone app and this is somehow supposed to be fresh and innovative.

Edit: the name is really stupid too

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

this would fail to hide a raging boner in my opinion.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

I am the manager for a similar service only we are priced out the market for plebs, ask me anything

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Neo Duckberg posted:

I am the manager for a similar service only we are priced out the market for plebs, ask me anything

how much do you pay the "butlers"

e: i actually dont have a problem with grocery deliver per se, i get a CSA every month. but having a loving butler come in and "change your paper towel holder" is just absolutely stupid

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Xaris posted:

$10 an hour

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Startups are the dumbest poo poo

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Xaris posted:

e: i actually dont have a problem with grocery deliver per se, i get a CSA every month. but having a loving butler come in and "change your paper towel holder" is just absolutely stupid

I had a roommate in college who didn't know laundry was a thing you had to do so no doubt there's a real target market here

business major too, he's probably a startup CEO by now

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

so did she get fired for advocating slavery or what

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
i like how everybody else is interacting together and shes just there alone apart from her computer and her hosed up snaggle tooth

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
yes hello and welcome to manchild billionaire's funhouse of technology please remove your dignity and labor rights before you step inside, lowly contractor

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
i love how sickly she looks

like a dracula with castle teeth

also lol at crying hipster

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i hate putting paper towels on the paper towel holder. downloading the app now

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Luckily you can make sure of as much as you want because she is a horrible, horrible person inside and out.

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011

Woman: I'm so alone. I just wish I could connect with someone outside the computer.
Man: Excuse me, ma'am, could you tell me where I might find-
Woman: Don't talk to me, you CIS scum!

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Parallax Scroll posted:

i hate putting paper towels on the paper towel holder. downloading the app now

i can do that for you for the low price of $55 per hour

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
imo they should write an app that makes em less spergy in public

like they're about to mention their anime pillows and on their gizoogle glass a giant red pop up shows up and tells them to knock it off

also, it electroshocks them and sterilizes them

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Who is this sexy little mamasita

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

"There is no solitude greater than that of the samurai unless it be that of a tiger in the jungle... perhaps..."

5'd

Also, the classic

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Glasgow Kiss posted:

imo they should write an app that makes em less spergy in public

like they're about to mention their anime pillows and on their gizoogle glass a giant red pop up shows up and tells them to knock it off

also, it electroshocks them and sterilizes them

that would only work if they constantly had their phone out and were looking at the screen

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

so it would work great

Flying Fortress
Oct 23, 2008

I dunno, I work for a successful tech company and there's a lot of scorching hot girls who work here. Sorry about your luck dorks.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Flying Fortress posted:

I dunno, I work for a successful tech company and there's a lot of scorching hot girls who work here. Sorry about your luck dorks.

They are all mtf.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
This was actually a really good read. Recommend clicking.

My brother works for google and makes bank but isn't really like that, he's basically the stereotypical basement dwelling skeleton thin goon. He didn't get the job through connections though he's just amazing with computers and got poached from somewhere else.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

christ

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Gotta buy this 1000+ dollar 3D printer. 3D printers will revolutionize how we live and work. *prints a yoda head and a chess piece and never touches the drat thing again*

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

iirc justine tunney has a penis isnt even a real woman lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gammatron 64 posted:

iirc justine tunney has a penis isnt even a real woman lol

hold THE gently caress up son

• Locked thread