Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Catwoman is a 2004 Action Adventure video game based on the unpopular Halle Barry film of the same name. The film grossed $40 million domestically and $41 million internationally, which is a failure I guess. The video game was released on Gamecube, Playstation 2, PC, and Gameboy Advance and has a Metacritic rating of 46. Jennifer Hale, voice of Super Mario, provides the in-game voicework of the eponymous cat woman. Now, you may be thinking "Sure, the movie is a known 'bad' quantity, but that doesn't mean the game is bad!" Well, mister, we watched 20 seconds of gameplay footage and laughed at it, so set sail for fun!

Catwoman departs from the DC character and instead introduces a new figure, Patience Phillips. Patience works at a cosmetics company that's covering up more sinister things than blemishes! Patience becomes the historical figure "Cat Woman" (Cat Woman is an historical entity) to get revenge and do battle with her company's arch-nemesis, Sephora.

I'm judge "Catwoman" reinhold, joined once again by my two bestest buddies in the world, Diaper "Catwoman" Chris and No Internet Name "Catwoman" Anthony. We have tackled many firsts over the years: the first LP anthropologists, the first screenshot LP, inventors of Let's Play... but we will be the first in still a new capacity: the first live streamed LP! Ever! Come, join us, on https://www.twitch.tv/MenDrinkinCoffee whenever we do the stream. I'll post in here when that occurs.

I'll edit out the bad, slow parts, but also provide unedited versions of the streams for the sick individuals who watch that sort of thing.

judge reinhold fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

"I don't see how this is any different than Super Ghouls'n'Ghosts" -Morholt

"Catwoman kicks a guy into a dumpster. You won't believe what happens next." -AstroWhale

"This wildcat is pulling off a domino." -Niggurath

"I guess we're all making gifs." -Camel Pimp

Morholt

Camel Pimp

"Catwoman is rocking out to this game's amazing soundtrack." -Suspicious Cook

"I didn't have anything better to do so I drew a dumpster-diving competition." -supermikhail

and

"Is this a Halloween themed LP now? :spooky:" -Camel Pimp

judge reinhold fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Oct 5, 2014

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat
Why would you do this.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The police response seemed a little much.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

meOW.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Heavy Sigh posted:

Why would you do this.

The tasters demanded it. You have no one to blame but yourselves.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Stop lying, you guys already streaming LP'd Dark. :colbert:

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

This game looks like a real catastrophe. Cat-astrophe.

Ahahaha. Ha.

DialTheDude
Jan 12, 2014

PORK RICE BOWLS

Lipstick Apathy
What a blast to the past when enemies in superhero games were called "bad guys" instead of "thugs" or "criminals". Things were so black-and-white back then. :allears:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Heavy Sigh posted:

Why would you do this.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Are you entirely limited in your ability to dispatch bad guys by the number of available cabinets and dumpsters?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Call me racist, but that costume really doesn't work as stealth when you're white.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

I've got my cats keeping an eye on you :ocelot:

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Geop posted:

I've got my cats keeping an eye on you :ocelot:

You're in my world now. This thread is open 24/7.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

but I have powers :(

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
See, her jokes are funny because they are also typically sounds a cat makes.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Now i've seen some pretty dubious superhero origin stories, one that involved a doctor putting a mans optic nerves onto his fingers, but this takes the cats pajamas.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh no

oh no

wildzero
Apr 23, 2008

"My name is Dante."
"Fuck you say?"

Were the guys in that meeting even doing anything illegal? It was just "We made a thing and it looked like it worked, until it failed horribly. You win some, and lose some, folks." Couldn't they have just had the catlady sign an NDA and give her some hush money?

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Is there an approved drinking game rules for this?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Herr Tog posted:

Drink every time

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

fool_of_sound posted:

Drink every time

you'll be hearing from my lawyers

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Herr Tog posted:

Hope you have a lot of eggnog.

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
I was looking for this thread by scanning the started column for your names, and missed it because I was looking for Men Drinking Coffee.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

wildzero posted:

Were the guys in that meeting even doing anything illegal? It was just "We made a thing and it looked like it worked, until it failed horribly. You win some, and lose some, folks." Couldn't they have just had the catlady sign an NDA and give her some hush money?

In the movie, they do some evil cackling about how they just won't tell people and make tons of money off all the women who can't stop using it or their faces will melt. What's that, the FDA and any court with a passing knowledge of 'criminal negligence and willful endangerment'? Um... look over there! Halle Berry's playing SEXY basketball!

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
Hey, the National Sexy Basketball Association is a very reputable organization, I'll have you know!

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

wildzero posted:

I think the game, much like The Golden Compass, assumes everyone playing it just got back from the movie theater, so it doesn't bother explaining anything. Which is why we'll stream the movie, along with our own amazing commentary in some sort of "Riffing"-esque thing whose name escapes me right now.

Sartorius
Dec 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I really can't wait to watch this CAT-ASTROPHE!!!!

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

gregory posted:

Hey, the National Sexy Basketball Association is a very reputable organization, I'll have you know!

He's just being catty about their blatant, Snidely Whiplashesque villainy being juxtaposed with the NSBA promo.

The Wizard of Oz
Feb 7, 2004

Man, that PowerPoint presentation she stumbled upon was diabolical. It showed a woman getting older over the course of a mere 20 years! The fiends!

See, what happened is that normally when cats sit on your chest while you sleep it's to suck out your soul (this is on Wikipedia, it is a fact). Unfortunately for that cat, it didn't realise that she was dead, and therefore the soul went from the cat into the lady. So she's got a cat soul now, which means she can kick a guy twice her weight and he goes flying for the nearest dumpster like he was attached to a bungie cord that was strung into the dumpster and around a pulley, and then a bunch of men off to the side pulled on the bungie cord to make him rocket into it.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

This seems Halle Berry fun, you guys!

Carousel Of Regret
Nov 7, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

The police response seemed a little much.

They had probable claws.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sighence posted:

He's just being catty about their blatant, Snidely Whiplashesque villainy being juxtaposed with the NSBA promo.

Hey, don't you make assumptions about what I'm feline!

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
The guard just giving up on the game and diving into the dumpster himself was the highlight so far. Let's hope the game continues to just throw up its hands when players can't seem to figure out what to do and play the game for them in comical fashion.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Well, I see a certain kitten still knows how to scratch.

*grabs both of her hands so she can't slap me, gets slapped by a third*

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
This game is PURRfect in every way.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.
"IS IT HALLOW'E'N SARGENT?"

sir, please. you know it's n

"THEN IT'S HER. AND THIS TIME"

please no cat pun-

"SHE'S NOT 'SLIPPING THE COLLAR'!"

ugh

"ALRIGHT MEN. HOW MANY BULLETS DO WE HAVE?"

how many... bullets?

"BECAUSE I WANT YOU TO OPEN FIRE WITHOUT STOPPING ON THIS BUILDING. LITERALLY HUNDREDS OF ROUNDS POURING INTO THIS JEWELRY SHOP."

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Finally, an LP I can sink my teeth into!

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

wildzero posted:

Think of all the stock options that would lose value for our employees!

We must terminate the experiment, delete the data, silence the researchers, forge this in our account books, murder the test subjects, bulldoze the buildings, salt the earth and plant durian orchards for kilometers out. No one will know about this.

Clearly in this world there is no such thing as overkill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Where do you guys find this stuff. I didn't even know this existed :psyduck:

• Locked thread