Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I don't know what the gently caress the three feet thing is from but Vicas did an LP of Super Mario 64 using his feet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I don't know what the gently caress the three feet thing is from but Vicas did an LP of Super Mario 64 using his feet.

I saw Vicas's foot thing. It was a good, viral, bloggable idea that penetrated social media. I believe it trended world wide on Twitter.

supermikhail
Nov 17, 2012

"It's video games, Scully."
Video games?"
"He enlists the help of strangers to make his perfect video game. When he gets bored of an idea, he murders them and moves on to the next, learning nothing in the process."
"Hmm... interesting."
I didn't have anything better to do so I drew a dumpster-diving competition.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
That's cool.

We're live.

https://www.twitch.tv/mendrinkincoffee

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

I can't wait to see the edit job on this. Gonna have to drag out that 'no progress advisory' graphic again for an episode. :allears:

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

The game took quite a difficulty turn. I like it, too much hand holding nowadays.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
I had to leave about 1.5 hours into the stream. Did I miss any shenanigans after that? How many more men were forced into flesh-rending machinery? Does Anthony really know what a pallet jack is?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Did you catch the FAQ misleading the coffee men into bonus content and the reaction to that?

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

I don't think so. I left somewhere around the whole furnace jumping puzzle thing.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

Detective Thompson posted:

I don't think so. I left somewhere around the whole furnace jumping puzzle thing.

You'll need to be more specific

Sartorius
Dec 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I'm glad they graciously listened to the chat when we suggested they wall jump between the shipping containers.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

Sartorius posted:

I'm glad they graciously listened to the chat when we suggested they wall jump between the shipping containers.

to be fair i wouldve have tried it once and when running up the side didn't work I would have wandered around for 40 minutes while 80 strangers lost their loving minds as well

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Well, the best thing you can say about this game is that Jennifer Hale does a pretty decent Halle Berry impression? Hale is good in most things, and she's a decent stand-in here.

Especially when she just decides to outright ham it up.

OldMemes fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 2, 2014

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
In our defense: the chat is poo poo.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

OldMemes posted:

Well, the best thing you can say about this game is that Jennifer Hale does a pretty decent Halle Berry impression? Hale is good in most things, and she's a decent stand-in here.

Especially when she just decides to outright ham it up.

Hale is a pretty good voice actor and she seems to be willing to do a good job even if the game she is recording for is atrociously bad, which is pretty uncommon as most VA's in a similar position would just phone it in.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Neruz posted:

Hale is a pretty good voice actor and she seems to be willing to do a good job even if the game she is recording for is atrociously bad, which is pretty uncommon as most VA's in a similar position would just phone it in.

Counterpoint: "Aww, did I give you a scratch?" *swipe swipe*

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Sighence posted:

I don't see the problem

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Sighence posted:

Clearly you have never seen a Catwoman comic. The character basically only exists to make cat-related sexual innuendo and puns in between panels of Batman punching people. Hale's voice work so far has been spot on, even for that line :v:

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Last time, Catwoman pursued a mysterious, melty-faced man in the blotchy world of the Gamecube. This man apparently has the clues to find what Catwoman seeks. This man ran into the club! It took Catwoman a while, but she eventually got in through an emergency roof door whose existence makes sense. Will Catwoman recover the life the cosmetic company so cruelly took away? Will we be able to recover the in-game life the video game so cruelly took away? Watch and find out!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I admit I'm a little disappointed that when you were kicking a bunch of men into chests in the hexmap room that nobody went for the obvious Resident Evil item box joke.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Resident evil? Never heard of him.

Catwoman knew how to make the club stop and stare as she zoned out. In response, the club couldn't even handle her, so they shot at her. She confronted the mysterious man who was a trend-setter in this regard, shooting at Catwoman before it was cool. A fight ensued, and Catwoman was victorious. She heads to the Hedare factory, where more hijinx are certainly instore for our feline friend. Can Catwoman get to the bottom of things by going... to the top?! Will anyone appreciate that Flo Rida song from 8 years ago reference in the beginning of me writing this? Watch and find out!

The Wizard of Oz
Feb 7, 2004

I love that the soundtrack is a car horn beeping every five seconds. It's true minimalism, not that Philip Glass phony baloney.

Ooh, sneaky, you cut out when Diaper Chris forced you to change the channel on the Wavebird and now it works perfectly. And you also cut out admonishing Anthony that a lynx isn't a cat. I see what's going on here.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

The Wizard of Oz posted:

I love that the soundtrack is a car horn beeping every five seconds. It's true minimalism, not that Philip Glass phony baloney.

Ooh, sneaky, you cut out when Diaper Chris forced you to change the channel on the Wavebird and now it works perfectly. And you also cut out admonishing Anthony that a lynx isn't a cat. I see what's going on here.

No, a minx isn't a cat. Also, I thought making the audience watch an idle screen while we futzed with technical issues might be a bit dull. It's all available in the full stream, though!

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

judge reinhold posted:

No, a minx isn't a cat.

No, but Catwoman is a minx, as she is quite the sassy gal.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Detective Thompson posted:

No, but Catwoman is a minx, as she is quite the sassy gal.
:eyepop:

necroid
May 14, 2009

judge reinhold posted:

It's all available in the full stream, though!

Is there a link?

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
And finally, Catwoman scales the outer wall of the Hedare Cosmetic Facility for reasons known only to her and those who watched the movie. She killed several men on the way up, broke a few bones, but most importantly: had a lot of laughs. Will Catwoman be able to swing on a pole to accomplish an objective? What heinous tricks does Hedare have in store for her? Watch and find out!

necroid posted:

Is there a link?

Here. I'm putting them in the OP and also a link in the description of the first video from each session.

Brassherald
Feb 3, 2012

Wait, I'm the one who calls people buttheads!
Judge' intuition was so good during this episode. I would never accuse him of using a FAQ... So, he must be half catwoman!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I think the most surprising thing to come out of this LP is the fact that someone actually wrote an FAQ for Catwoman: The Movie: The Game.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Kai Tave posted:

I think the most surprising thing to come out of this LP is the fact that someone actually wrote an FAQ for Catwoman: The Movie: The Game.

The jerk made it a 100% FAQ too. "ha ha this game sucks guys... but if you want to collect all the optional stuff, here's exactly what you need to do in meticulous detail."

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Well I guess if you're going to make a bad decision you might as well commit to it.

Brassherald
Feb 3, 2012

Wait, I'm the one who calls people buttheads!

judge reinhold posted:

The jerk made it a 100% FAQ too. "ha ha this game sucks guys... but if you want to collect all the optional stuff, here's exactly what you need to do in meticulous detail."

This game sucks? I think this game has shown itself to be an underrated gem. It forges its own path, spits in the eye of tradition. Like any lovable rogue, the rules are made to be broken.

Consistent Controls? Who needs them?

Graphics that don't look terrible? Not in my games.

Fun gameplay? Take that somewhere else!

I for one salute Catwoman for taking a risk no one else was taking at the time and making a game that surely no one would enjoy based on a superhero movie no one asked for and no one saw. A Masterpiece of non-enjoyment.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Brassherald posted:

This game sucks? I think this game has shown itself to be an underrated gem. It forges its own path, spits in the eye of tradition. Like any lovable rogue, the rules are made to be broken.

Consistent Controls? Who needs them?

Graphics that don't look terrible? Not in my games.

Fun gameplay? Take that somewhere else!

I for one salute Catwoman for taking a risk no one else was taking at the time and making a game that surely no one would enjoy based on a superhero movie no one asked for and no one saw. A Masterpiece of non-enjoyment.

Agreed on all points, I'm quoting the FAQ, though:

code:
Second, let me ask, why are you playing this game? If you have already 
spent your hard-earned money on the game and insist on beating it, fine, 
this walkthrough is for you. Otherwise, cease and desist now and go find 
another game. You know, one that might actually be fun. Catwoman, the game, 
is worse than Catwoman, the movie.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

judge reinhold posted:

Agreed on all points, I'm quoting the FAQ, though:

code:
Second, let me ask, why are you playing this game? If you have already 
spent your hard-earned money on the game and insist on beating it, fine, 
this walkthrough is for you. Otherwise, cease and desist now and go find 
another game. You know, one that might actually be fun. Catwoman, the game, 
is worse than Catwoman, the movie.

i like it. fund the faq.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Oh my god, Cl is Chlorine. Oxygen, Hydrogen and Chlorine. gently caress.

Sorry just wanted to get that out of the way...

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

BioEnchanted posted:

Oh my god, Cl is Chlorine. Oxygen, Hydrogen and Chlorine. gently caress.

Sorry just wanted to get that out of the way...
It took the chat approximately zero time to inform them of that. :v:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kai Tave posted:

I would be more surprised if there wasn't one.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.

Is this a Halloween themed LP now? :spooky:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Brassherald posted:

Judge' intuition was so good during this episode. I would never accuse him of using a FAQ... So, he must be half catwoman!

Are you sure he's not a puma-man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Are you sure he's not a puma-man?

♪Cat
Wom-an
She climbs like a moron♪

• Locked thread