Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

The Northern Territory is Australia's Mississippi. They are all so poor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Grass is green, Sky is Blue, South is Terrible. Pointing out facts is no reason to dogpile on me. You're all just shooting the messenger here.

Racism is still bannable, bro.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

We need another Ulysses S. Grant to finish the job the first one didn't.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Uh mods... racism is against the rules now so please permaband all these posters

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Permaband them .... from this ethral plane :twisted:

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
im on a hole different urethral plane cant touch me

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013
Hey now everyone let's be reasonable here. The south is terrible, there's no denying that. But the real enemy are people who live in the cities.
And before you go thinking I'm some sort of racist: I'm not talking about black people. They're cool by me no matter where they live. I'm talking about those white fucks who wear scarves when it's fall instead of winter, and drink that puckin spice bullshit.
gently caress those people.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I am not a book posted:

Hey now everyone let's be reasonable here. The south is terrible, there's no denying that. But the real enemy are people who live in the cities.
And before you go thinking I'm some sort of racist: I'm not talking about black people. They're cool by me no matter where they live. I'm talking about those white fucks who wear scarves when it's fall instead of winter, and drink that puckin spice bullshit.
gently caress those people.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Serious answer:

After the Civil War, the Southern governments were so terrified of what their now freed black slave populations would do that they spent most of their time and resources building up poo poo like the Jim Crow laws and sabotaging efforts by the North to educate and ease the black population into freedom. Worse, the Ku Klux Klan emerged and was launching repeated terrorist operations and raids against the black population and northern troops, particularly targeting schools geared to educating the black population. Eventually the north gave up trying to do anything beyond freeing the black population and (ironically) passed their own versions of Jim Crow laws.

However because so much of the South's time and effort was spent insuring their former slaves stayed downtrodden, they utterly wrecked their economies. The South already was suffering from a labor shortage because so many men died in the civil war along with the loss of it's slave labor pool. A bunch of the plantations ended up dying and there was a brain drain to the North and Europe of Southern experts and intellectuals that further eroded southern economy.

Eventually, the southern governments started to get their poo poo together and rebuild their states with what they had left. It was over a decade later, but they actually got around to doing it. And things started to look up for them after WW1 and WW2 gave them a bit of a boost. Then though the civil rights movement came into being and large protests and rally's were being held by the black population they had kept downtrodden, and again the governments there spent a ridiculous amount of time and resources fighting the civil rights movement as much as they could. This led to spending more on police to quell growing unrest in black populations, lobbying effort, defending jim crow laws, keeping black people from voting, all of which took up legislative time and precious cash they really didn't have.

There was a sizable emigration of the black populations out of the southern states, which had gone on for some time but accelerated during and after the civil rights movement, and the South lost a large portion of it's cheap black labor pool. Also most of the black people that got University degrees sure as hell didn't want to stay there and moved to other states. However worse was because of all the bs Jim Crow laws and the obvious racism, the immigration of other groups of people to the United States such as asians never really pushed into the South and denyed the South a lot of expertise and investment capital they really needed.

Now the very same states are obsessed with the illegal immigrants from Mexico...

So in conclusion: If the southern states weren't led by such racist idiots, they wouldn't be the poo poo holes they are today.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
Serious answer:

If you have ever ordered a pumpkin spice latte you should be sentenced without trial to 2 years hard labor.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Shadoer posted:

So in conclusion: If the southern states weren't led by such racist idiots, they wouldn't be the poo poo holes they are today.

Exactly.

you irl posted:

Serious answer:

If you have ever ordered a pumpkin spice latte you should be sentenced without trial to 2 years hard labor.

Could possibly be on the ballot.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
you need a new gimmick man

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

bonestructure posted:

you need a new gimmick man

Gimmick? Its just facts man. A serious discussion topic

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Neo Duckberg posted:

quote this if you want the op to be banned

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013

I don't want OP banned because he agrees with me re: people from the south being garbage.
I am starting to wonder whether he lives in a city and drinks puckin spice latte though...

he'll be first up against the wall

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I am not a book posted:

I don't want OP banned because he agrees with me re: people from the south being garbage.
I am starting to wonder whether he lives in a city and drinks puckin spice latte though...

he'll be first up against the wall

No lattes for the op

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
if the south sucks so much, and indeed it does, why do people keep moving there, especially persons of color?

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

comes along bort posted:

if the south sucks so much, and indeed it does, why do people keep moving there, especially persons of color?

moving there

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013

comes along bort posted:

Hey why are you trying to make this about race. This is about those white dudes rolling coal and dipping Copenhagen.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
You know, the north isn't really much to scream about either.

BUTT PIPE
Oct 11, 2012
maybe northerners are just jealous of the south because they envy how the South seems to be 'a thing' and when people from the North get together all they talk about is how great their state is compared to other states despite it all being wholly identical to outside observers and assume everyone knows or gives a gently caress about trivial things about their state

wow a guy from upstate new york and a guy from wisconsin are telling each other how [poo poo food] is authentic in their hometown, color me shocked (but don't color me black or OP will poorshame me)

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013
Look I'm just saying, Phil Ochs never wrote "Here's to the state of Iowa"

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I am not a book posted:

Look I'm just saying, Phil Ochs never wrote "Here's to the state of Iowa"

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I went to a gas station bathroom in Alabama once and it looked, honest to God, like something out of Silent Hill. Rust and black gunk every loving where. I basically had to hold my crap in for four more hours until I got to loving Florida because I didn't want to take a dookie in loving Silent Hill.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Neo Duckberg posted:

quote this if you want the op to be banned

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

SunAndSpring posted:

I didn't want to take a dookie in loving Silent Hill.

wasn't that a morrissey song?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
when people say they despise those states it's because they are managed by retarded white people, not because they hate black people hth.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Alexzandvar posted:

when people say they despise those states it's because they are managed by retarded white people, not because they hate black people hth.

That's what they say, anyway.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Alexzandvar posted:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
actually black people make up a significant chunk of the political leadership and more importantly state and local government bureaucracies in the south thanks to affirmative action hth

Nazareth Weedian
Apr 18, 2014

Jew Macklemore posted:

traitors to the union get what they deserve imo

Sherman would have been able to fix this problem.

west virginia was formed out of an alliance with the union, dicknuts

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Jastiger posted:

Gimmick? Its just facts man. A serious discussion topic

i tried to put together a compilation of your posts for the latest "white liberals whine about the blackest part of the country without irony" meeting, but exposure to light caused them to burst into flames

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
So the souths poor because its black? Whos the racist now

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
run a federal program to offer every adult one chance a a free ride out of the south with relocation assistance paid

if they turn it down for any reason at all they lose their chance forever and must die in the south

then put up the fence

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
one cool thing about the south is that everybody explodes with degenerative diseases and ailments around 50 years of age so right when your kid should be getting the gently caress out of the south and away from you, oh noooooo, mama's siiiiiiiiick and i gotta stay in this 1200 person arkansas town thats 75 short minutes from Little Rock jesus christ i have seen it happen so many god drat times i am so burnt out on hearing about fat dudes' morgellonmoms in malvern, arkansas

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

comes along bort posted:

actually black people make up a significant chunk of the political leadership and more importantly state and local government bureaucracies in the south thanks to affirmative action hth

To an extent, yes.

However those states have lobbied hard for affirmative action to end and now it has due to them winning in the Supreme Court.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Shadoer posted:

To an extent, yes.

However those states have lobbied hard for affirmative action to end and now it has due to them winning in the Supreme Court.

No state in the traditional South has banned affirmative action in education. California, Michigan, Nebraska, Washington, and Arizona have all banned it.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Effectronica posted:

No state in the traditional South has banned affirmative action in education. California, Michigan, Nebraska, Washington, and Arizona have all banned it.

Touche.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Tautologicus posted:

So the souths poor because its black? Whos the racist now

it's you, you're the racist, im sorry you had to find out on sa but it's something we've all been thinking for a while and im glad it's out in the open now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

comes along bort posted:

Was not aware that it was blacks pushing voter ID laws, anti immigration laws, and creation in schools. Please do show us some of these examples.

Effectronica posted:

i tried to put together a compilation of your posts for the latest "white liberals whine about the blackest part of the country without irony" meeting, but exposure to light caused them to burst into flames

Are facts that dangerous to you? Be careful man, be careful. I worry for your health.

Jonny 290 posted:

run a federal program to offer every adult one chance a a free ride out of the south with relocation assistance paid

if they turn it down for any reason at all they lose their chance forever and must die in the south

then put up the fence

No people shouldn't be forced to leave their home. We should just Sherman 2.0 the place so that its better for everyone.

Jastiger fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 22, 2014

• Locked thread