Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Those who were worried about Onoda making the pharmacy run, remember, nothing will stop this dork on a bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Chow
Jun 17, 2010

We interrupt this program to increase dramatic tension.
I liked the Midousuji-centric episodes, it made him my second favorite character, specially after his talk with Onoda :3:

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Midosouji is a hero to me.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Gnossiennes posted:

This episode's extra was all I could ever want from yowapeda.

This was the best little extra clip ever.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Onoda is terrifying.

Good episode. Whoever designed these characters knows how to draw some hosed up looking dudes.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Was the Royal Army Crimson Unit 02 thing a couched Gundam reference or is there something I'm missing here? I'm assuming that identifying names were changed around enough for copyright/universe purposes (Scolt/Specializer/Glant bikes, etc) but we're supposed to get that Midousuji's basically calling himself the Char of Onoda's Zaku analogy.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah it's a Gundam reference.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
People have speculated that it is actually a reference to the EVA Unit O2. The robot model is red and EVA spoiler The EVA contains the soul of its pilots dead mom

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks
It's kind of silly that they waited until midosuji became a all right dude before introducing the Hiroshima team. It makes me wonder if they will stay antagonists or if this show is just going to keep playing hot potato with increasingly rear end in a top hat bicycle teams.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

People have speculated that it is actually a reference to the EVA Unit O2. The robot model is red and EVA spoiler The EVA contains the soul of its pilots dead mom

I had that thought when I saw it too. IMO, it's probably a mix of both.

And both Units 01 and 02 contain dead mom souls. But everyone knows that Unit 02 is by far the coolest, so it's only natural that Midousuji would pick it despite not wearing any red.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I liked to interpret the scene as Onoda complimenting Midosouji by comparing him to a Gundam and Midosouji realizing that he's a hosed up guy and more akin to EVA

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
New episode! Green Midousuji fits in really well, and turning the pack into a literal snake is super silly but also great.

attackbunny
May 1, 2009
What are those two fifty-year-old men doing in a high school bicycle competition?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
New episode! That was super over the top and I laughed through the entire Onoda swallowing. Good stuff.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
That might be a new favorite post-credits scene.

Also, is it just me or did they soften Modousuji up a bit and make him less menacing in the intro along with giving him a haircut?

Also also, if Onoda doesn't get the whole pack Hime'ing along with him in a push for the front, I'm gonna be sad. Although if they just have him make Arakita sing that'd be cool too.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

attackbunny posted:

What are those two fifty-year-old men doing in a high school bicycle competition?

Kids these days are older than ever due to the harsh realities of the cycling world.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Also also, if Onoda doesn't get the whole pack Hime'ing along with him in a push for the front, I'm gonna be sad. Although if they just have him make Arakita sing that'd be cool too.

Onoda is in the fight of his life

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
New episode. Who's ready to take a seat on Arakita's Wild Ride?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
*frog noises*

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Xelkelvos posted:

New episode. Who's ready to take a seat on Arakita's Wild Ride?

It's all an uphill burning spirit slope from here on out. I'm vibrating from excitement.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Haha Hiroshima team is an even bigger bunch of weirdos than I thought.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Seriously it's no wonder michimaya was thirsty, what with his tongue floppin around everywhere

But for real, that was a ridiculous room of metal lathes at the end.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Why back when I took shop class we had to share the one rusty lathe between the ten of us!

And we liked it! *slaps table* We loved it!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
That sinking feeling when you realize most of the episode is going to be someone's backstory flashback.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Clearly you haven't watched enough sports anime if that still bothers you.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
:qq: BUT I AM INTERESTED IN WHAT IS GOING ON NOW:qq:

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
On one hand, it bothered me because we already had Arakita's backstory flashback episode.
On the other hand, it didn't bother me because it was more Arakita.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Yeah, I was skeptical at first, but I kinda love Arakita's delinquent-to-ace story. The hair-cutting scene was the best. And hey, we got like another 500m in maybe right?

Also, glad more cyclists are keeping the tradition of ditching girls for bikes. BURNING SHOUNEN SPIRIT ONLY ZONE

Lestaki
Nov 6, 2009
I want to emphasize how amazing it was that we were in the middle of a road race and then flash-backed to two other road races.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Gnossiennes posted:

Also, glad more cyclists are keeping the tradition of ditching girls for bikes. BURNING SHOUNEN SPIRIT ONLY ZONE

They're gay. All the boys in the bike club are gay and have sex with each other. Not trying to troll, because I love the bike boys manga, but they are homos for each other and for bikes as well.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I could probably give you a pretty detailed rundown of who has sex with who in and between the various bike clubs and how.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A dating sim, but bicycles.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

The Devil Tesla posted:

A dating sim, but bicycles.

Jitenshaful Boyfriend

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

paragon1 posted:

That sinking feeling when you realize most of the episode is going to be someone's backstory flashback.

This post is even weirder now that I've seen the episode. Arakita is loving great and his backstory not only gets you to like him but the entire Hakone team. The flashback episodes in general are the best part of this series and whenever we get one usually something really cool happens, like what we got this week!

So yea, this is already one of my favorite episodes and the main team didn't even show up. Good rivals are good.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah well gently caress you too buddy. Good story telling can tell us more about Arakita as a character without giving us his life story(that we've already heard). The five minutes spent out of flashback were better than the 15 minutes spent in flashback, and the episode would have been better overall if it hadn't happened.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I can't wait for the rest of the third day because there are a bunch of really great burning spirit moments coming up along with a bunch of really amazing shonen faces

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

paragon1 posted:

Yeah well gently caress you too buddy. Good story telling can tell us more about Arakita as a character without giving us his life story(that we've already heard). The five minutes spent out of flashback were better than the 15 minutes spent in flashback, and the episode would have been better overall if it hadn't happened.

You're wrong.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

I'm right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Mods?

• Locked thread