Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~
A and also please rename him to Goku because as we all know the amazing character designs in this game come from renowned artist Masashi Kishimoto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Looking at that MS painted hair, I think it's Akira Toriyama instead.

Also, why would we need to explore OUR OWN HOUSE? Does mom change the furniture that often?

Go see Luca.

edit: wow I just looked up the designers and this game has quite the pedigree....

Araganzar fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Sep 20, 2014

Carl The Shivan
Mar 23, 2009

programmed with a
variety of trusting
emotions

:h: :roboluv: :h:
Go into the wilderness and level grid until you're level 50 before starting any of the story.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Did you not read the title? He's already soul level 99, and he probably doesn't want to get his soul memory any higher or he'll miss out on co-op.

Carl The Shivan
Mar 23, 2009

programmed with a
variety of trusting
emotions

In that case, go straight to Lavos.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Name: CRON

Option A: Pet all cattes

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

All As all the way:

Name him aaaa

Option A: Explore house, pet cats, get rich or die tryin

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Name him GOKU,

Option Zed: Jump in dat bukkit.

Honorific!
Jul 5, 2007

Well played, Goonsire!
Name him AAAH!

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Yes, please name him GOKU and let us pick, hmm...OPTION C.

Oh my heavens, this shall be a merry adventure.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
You have really over-committed yourself here.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

pwnyXpress posted:

You have really over-committed yourself here.
Um actually

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

I Am Just a Box posted:

God, I remember playing this on a bunch of 3.5" floppies. If you can't get the emulation right, make sure to link the best tracks when they come up. This game's soundtrack was ahead of its time.

Ha, almost forgot this. Will go back and add in appropriate soundtrack links when they pop up. First post will be edited accordingly shortly.

nine-gear crow posted:

Really? You didn't even have the sense to pick the "Repeat" thread tag?

0/10. Disliked. Unsubscribed.

As far as I'm concerned, there is only one thread tag worth using :colbert:

This is goin' in the OP.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Double-Post. The OP is updated, though, with musical links and other stuff.

Sally fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Sep 21, 2014

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Pretend you're XYZY

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

ok, sounds good, subscribed

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

SMITTY IS OKAY WITH THIS LET'S PLAY

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
It was a close vote between the default name, Cron, and Goku, but Goku edged out the win, so that shall be our character's name! Fitting, given that this game was originally intended to be a DBZ RPG before Square lost the rights to the license. Also, by a vast majority of votes, we shall explore our house before going to the Millennial Fair.

Anyways, we look around our bedroom to start with:

Goku doesn't have many belongings. Aside from a bed and dresser full clothes (not pictured), all you own are an old wooden practice sword and pedestal you've reserved for the life-sized life-like statue of yourself you plan to purchase. It is not a purchase you make likely. You have dreamed, ever since you were Lil Goku, of owning a statue of yourself. In fact, your father helped you build that pedestal for the explicit purpose of displaying it before he died in a tragic combine accident.

Anyways, if this were a New Game we would collect the Wooden Sword at this point. However, this is New Game+++++++, so we're not going to bother. I've already acquired the strongest weapon in the game, the Northern Regalia, in one of my earlier playthroughs. We're just gonna play through with that so we can enjoy the game without worrying about grinding or getting stuck on bosses.

Strike a pose.

We go and feed the cat and Goku's mom gives him some money to spend at the Millennial Fair. This is a point where the translation into English wasn't perfect and winds up creating an inadvertent bit of dissonance with Goku's back-story as a poor boy from Lean. See, the original Japanese version of Chrono Trigger had his mother giving him 1000 Yen for doing his household chores. When translated for North America, it now seems as though Goku's mother is a crazy lady who is giving her son a small fortune for feeding the household cat. Heh, it's no matter anyways. We've already got the maximum of $9,999,999 since this a New Game+++++++. Money will never be an issue in this playthrough.

:megadeath: Chrono Trigger OST - Peaceful Days :megadeath:

This is the world map of the continent Lean rests on. It may seem like we have a lot of locales to visit, but most of it is blocked out this early in the game. The ferry is in service at the docks, the bridge to Poor is closed for repairs, the castle is under strict guard, and Mt. Erebor's paths have grown over. The shops in Lean are mostly closed because every one has gone to the Fair. Though we can visit the town, there isn't much point. We can go to Luca's house, but there isn't much to do there either, except go through her belongings.

So let's go onto the Fair!

:megadeath: Chrono Trigger OST - Millennial Fair :megadeath:

The Fair is flooded with colourful balloons and stalls. It is a bustling place. Nearly all of Lean and Poor have come to celebrate. It's a brilliant move by the dictators who rule these towns: throw a giant party so the impoverished populace and forget about their troubles. You still have some time before Luca's presentation is ready, so we should look around. You do note that there seems to be a heavily armed person standing around with a crossbow. It might be a good idea to keep a wide berth from her.

What shall we do? There are a lot of options and we have some time, so pick three!

A) Fight Gato The Fighting Robot
B) Gamble At The Races
C) Test Your Strength
D) Watch The Disembodied Face Circus
E) Get Drunk
F) Dance In A Rave
G) Steal Someone's Lunch
H) Visit Mlcr The Weapon Smith's Shop
I) Against Your Better Judgement, Talk To The Woman Walking Around With A Lethal Weapon

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

My name is Gato and I'm hear to say
Fighting robots is the only way.
Don't do drugs or go to school
Beat up robots and you'll be cool.
People say you should learn to read
Fighting robots is all you need!

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Get drunk, watch the faces, try to hit on the armed chick

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Get drunk, gamble, then try your PUA moves on the chick with a weapon

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
He's a metal cat
And a big robot
It's time to say
You fought a lot

A: Fight Cat

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Recruit Gato into party, get drunk, have Gato provide rave music to dance to

MartianAgitator
Apr 30, 2003

Damn Earth! Damn her!
Visit Macklemore the rapping weapon smith.

doing the obvious
Jun 7, 2004

The Y2K problem? Well, I've created a very large microwave. It's about two hundred square...cubic , cubic yards. New Years eve, I intend to enter this
Steal someone's lunch because our hunger is insatiable then test our strength by fighting Gato

sexymustard
Sep 13, 2011
E) Get Drunk
Obvious choice here.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Get drunk, get krunk, get fuuucked up

Then punch robot faces. Fisting cures robots! :eng101:

Then go hit on heavily armed women. This can only end well!

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
I. We're Goku, we have no better judgement!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Look. Guys. I don't mean to be "that guy", but, uh...

I come from the Future. I know how this ends.

You're wasting your time.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Piss all our cash away on the races, I realize we have max cash, just spend it all.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

nine-gear crow posted:

Hey, mark your spoilers, future space rear end in a top hat!

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

nine-gear crow posted:

Didn't they expand on this storyline with the Trunks DLC?

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Ah, yes, the "Kill yourself, for real, permanently" time travel thought experiment.

We'll... get back to this one.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
In Japan, Gato's called Doki Doki Gonzales. Fight him.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
E, then I. Absolutely nothing can go wrong with this sequence of events.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
E I and C in that order. I bet you can impress her by showing of your NG+++++++ strenght.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I is clearly the only choice.

Carl The Shivan
Mar 23, 2009

programmed with a
variety of trusting
emotions

A E H

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

We should flex every single of our 99 levels.

Test your Strength, Fight Gato, and then casually Steal someone's Lunch to drive home the point that you are above mortal men now and society's laws no longer apply to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

> Check the status of cats at the fair

Also bold more words

• Locked thread