Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I

Rexides posted:

Give the pendant to the old guy as payment for the sandwich. Then tell crossbow-girl that you know which scumbag stole her pendant.

I take my vote back, this is clearly the superior option for getting sw33t l00t and the love and affection of the crossbow dame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
Enter the konami code.

I'm sure I don't need to mention what it unlocks, since everyone already knows.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Exasperated Gato is the best thing ever.

Seconding eat pendant.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Brony Hunter posted:

>Take pendant and use it as a wager to gamble on the guy in armour again.

Angry Diplomat posted:

Get the pendant and use it to pay Gato for its services. Go on adventures together.

tlarn posted:

Take the pendant, don't return it, proceed to the presentation alone with it. It's time to make this the sequence-break run.

Unfortunately, there are a number of hidden flags that prevent us from sequence breaking too heavily early on. Attempting to use the pendant as cash-money ultimately winds up in a rejection of services: no merchant will accept it as legal tender, claiming they don't work on the barter system; Gato is programmed to only respond to combat and offers his services pro bono; and betting it isn't accepted because its value is unknown and the people running the games are trying to keep it "legit".

There is an interesting bit of conversation if you try and sell it to Mlcr, the Famed Rapping Weapon Smith. He recognizes the pendant and chastises you for foolishly trying to part with such a "priceless heirloom". Still, he refuses to take it for himself, suggesting he is afraid of it for some reason. Spooky.

Visiting Luca with the pendant breaks the machine, causing strange portal rifts to open up. You are unable to go near the portals, though, because Luca declares them a hazard and blocks your access to them. In this way, the game cleverly prevents you from progressing without giving the pendant back to the heavily armed woman in white. Still, since we've spoken to Luca finally, we are given the option of changing her name:

Shall we rename Luca, or go with the default name?

AJ_Impy posted:

Stage a coup.

Rexides posted:

Give the pendant to the old guy as payment for the sandwich. Then tell crossbow-girl that you know which scumbag stole her pendant.

You direct the woman's attention elsewhere. When she isn't looking, you pocket the pendant for yourself.

Unbeknownst to many players, this route is actually one of the games 30 endings. It is difficult to complete on New Game, because it involves fighting off many soldiers in Lean's castle, including the Chancellor, who is revealed to be a wicked bug monster. In New Game+++++++, we are able to easily dispatch them and claim victory.

Congratulations! You've unlocked the "King Cron" ending! 29 to go!

As you can see, the King Cron ending makes reference to events that will occur much later in the game. But that's for later, so we wont get into it now.

IPvSH6T posted:

You've had a lot to drink, and there are important things to do before bothering with any pendants. Drop trou, take piss.

Air is lava! posted:

>Eat pendant.
>Vomit.

You attempt to eat the pendant. Unfortunately, it is not edible and you vomit in response. The ensuing force of your vomit causes you to lose control of your bowels, and you urinate yourself. Oh, Goku! Your actions have caught the attention of the heavily armed woman, and she notices that you have the pendant.

Crud. Well, the pendant has been returned to the girl, whether Goku likes it or not. She ignores the fact that you are covered in your own bodily fluids, and thanks you profusely for finding her pendant. It seems to be very important to her. She introduces herself as Marl, and insists that she follow you around. She seems to think that her company is enough of a reward for finding her priceless family heirloom, or something. Rather arrogant of her, but whatever, you're not about to argue with someone holding a large crossbow. You're amazed to have found a person who will put up with you after encrusting yourself with vomit and piss, so you take it as a net win.

Still, we have the option of keeping Marl, or renaming her.

Anyways, there's nothing left to do now but go to Luca's presentation. If you show up without the Pendant and without Marl, you can freely go through the teleporter and it works fine. If we bring both Marl and the Pendant, the machine again breaks down, but because we have Marl now, she gets sucked into the blue portal rift that opens up. Uh oh!

:megadeath: Chrono Trigger OST - A Strange Happening :megadeath:

The Pendant is left behind and Luca identifies it as the problem. But what do we do now? We are given control of Goku again. You'll note that there is also a red portal on the machine. This only appears in New Game+ modes.

Decide on what Marl and Luca will be named, and decide what to do next!

Sally fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Sep 23, 2014

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Take the red pill and fight 1000 Mr. Lavos' in an empty city during a rain storm.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Go through the blue portal, throw LUCA through the red portal

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Push Luca into the red portal. :byewhore:

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Tell Luca to forget this, let's get high and make out.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Name Marl BLUE, name Luca RED, and attempt to push the machines together such that the portals touch, just to see what happens.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Silly me, I forgot to include Gato's theme in the third update. I have rectified that: :megadeath: Chrono Trigger OST - Gato's Theme :megadeath:

Also, w/r/t naming characters, if you don't state the character's name, I will take that as a vote that you don't care what they are called. If you use their name (i.e., push Luca into the red portal), I will count that as a vote for "Luca" as the name.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This game just gets all of these characters' names wrong! "Lucca" is obviously supposed to be Blma and this so-call "Marle" is Lnch, the character Toriyama forgot about when making Chrono Cross.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Isn't "Merl" actually Dryl given the crossbow?

Also, piss in the blue portal, puke in the red one

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Ratoslov posted:

I hope Goku has a stash because we already pissed away all our riches

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Angry Diplomat posted:

Name Marl BLUE, name Luca RED, and attempt to push the machines together such that the portals touch, just to see what happens.

Yes. Cross the streams.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Lucca can be Blma if Marle is Chch.

I mean she does become Goku's waifu.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

nine-gear crow posted:

Lucca can be Blma if Marle is Chch.

I mean she does become Goku's waifu.

Dude, spoilers! But I agree with this naming convention.

Also, I never knew that's how you got the King Cron ending! This LP is informing me about new things already!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Gravy Boat 2k

Ratoslov posted:

Luca's name: Yeah

Marl's name: Whoa

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Name Luca Sad, and name Marl Mad. Next character should be named Glad, the next Bad, and so forth.

Those portals look dangerous, see if there's a kid around (depends on the day/night cycle) and push the kid in.

Out of kayfabe, how do you find all this whack music? Please answer in the Killzone thread if you're gonna keep up the kayfabe in this thread

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Angry Diplomat posted:

Seconding this on all counts.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Name everyone Goku just because

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Name the first one Frog and the second one Robo.

Now that the portals are open, Go on a killing spree, and sacrifice the populace of Lean to these new gods in the same way crossbow girl was taken.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Use your strength to push the terminals together to create the Purple Portal. Step through that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

AJ_Impy posted:

Now that the portals are open, Go on a killing spree, and sacrifice the populace of Lean to these new gods in the same way crossbow girl was taken.

Heads go in red, bodies in blue! Always remember to seperate your trash if you're recycling.
After that combine the portals to see if the heads were recombined with their bodies. Maybe there will be amusing switch ups.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Name Marl Jojo (as she is now on a bizarre adventure) and Luca Hojo (as she is a scientist)

And do this:

AJ_Impy posted:

everyone into the fuckin portal :bandwagon:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

But kids don't go Hojo for SNES, they go Hojo for Game Gear!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mazed posted:

Name Marl Jojo (as she is now on a bizarre adventure) and Luca Hojo (as she is a scientist)

And do this:

everyone into the fuckin portal :bandwagon:

I'm down with this as long as the next character gets named Mojo

Carl The Shivan
Mar 23, 2009

programmed with a
variety of trusting
emotions

:h: :roboluv: :h:
I agree with push the portals together to make a purple portal, and name Luca Blma and Marl Chch

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Blind Sally posted:

Decide on what Marl and Luca will be named

GOKU and GOKU.

Blind Sally posted:

, and decide what to do next!

GOKU goes through the blue portal, while GOKU goes through the red :colbert:

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Break the pendant in half and split up with Blma!

One of the portals has to be right or alternatively we end up with Blmo via pendant fusion shenanigans. We win either way!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Name Marl and Luca GOKU and GOKU.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Go back home and go through the green portal.

macfam
Dec 22, 2012
Name Marl Jojo and Luca Hojo

Enter the blue portal from the back so we can skip the tutorial

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Obviously we should take our two new companions Marf and Roy and go back to challenge that lousy robot to a rematch!

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Take Blma to beat up her stupid robot, pee on it, then combine the two portals. Puke into the resulting portal

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Name MARL "FRANK" and then name LUCA "FRANK."

I know it doesn't fit on the line but this is NG++++++++++ so it should let you.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Name MARL "FRANK" and then name LUCA "FRANK."

I know it doesn't fit on the line but this is NG++++++++++ so it should let you.

Alternatively, FRAN and RANK in either order.

Also, TAKE THE RED PILL, er, PORTAL, let's see how far the rabbit hole goes.

mauman fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Sep 24, 2014

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Ratoslov posted:

Forget ????, that portal poo poo looks like work, I'm sure she'll be fine in Moonside or whatever

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Name Luca VLMA and Marl MERL. Also, throw the sandwich guy through the red portal.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
I think we should go with the Chch idea for Marl but then go for Chng for Luca. Because blunts are hilarious and they'll be great once you get to the 1990's segment where everyone becomes platinum gangster rappers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Name Marl Iolo. She'll have to grow a beard later anyway to keep herself warm.

• Locked thread