Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Let's say you and I go back to my room and jack in.
Now this is very important... Now we have to throw Marl in the red portal and Luca in the blue portal to unlock the secret turbo hyper edition mode.

If we do it even SLIGHTLY wrong, I think you all know what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Marl has already been sucked into the Blue Portal, if that wasn't clear. It's just Goku and Luca now, deciding what their next step will be.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Their next step should be renaming Luca and Marl to Goku and then performing a fusion dance to become Goku Roku Boco, Goku x3.

PlatinumJukebox
Nov 14, 2011

Uh oh, I think someone just told Hunter what game he's in.
Name Luca Tina and Marl Luan.

As for what to do, go back and grab the old man and throw him into the portal.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
Name Luca VLMA because when I was a stupid little kid, I pretended she was an alternate universe version of Velma from Scooby Doo.

Name Marl MERL because Merle is a boss name, and there's nothing more boss than being heavily armed at the fair with a drunk kleptomaniac wandering around.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Throw Gato through the red portal.

EllEssDee
Aug 20, 2008

Santa is a trip!
Stage rap battle with Macklemore with the frumpy pair of glasses as your main skeez. Dunk that nerd with sick beats. Forget about Marl, you can't go chasing no trick.

EllEssDee fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Sep 24, 2014

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Throw Steel Runner through the red portal, throw the pendant through the blue portal, go back to the rave with Luca.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Do the sequence break trick where you travel into the future and fight Ultimecia instead of playing through the game.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012
Attach the Chrono Tragger cart onto your copy of Sonic & Knuckles, so we can play Greenhill Zone as GOKU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Do this:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I think this would be a good time to GO TO GOKU'S HOUSE. Glasses Goku, not Sword Goku.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
:siren::siren::siren:Tie-break alert! Next person to post will break it::siren::siren::siren:

I've counted the votes and LUCA will (unfortunately) be named GOKU. However, because there was some indecision over whether MARL should be LNCH or CHCH, there is now a tie for MARL's ultimate name.

Should MARL be renamed to CHCH or GOKU?

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

CHCH

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
CHCH

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Thank goodness.

LUCA is renamed to GOKU, and MARL is renamed to CHCH.

Workin' on the next update at present.

Carl The Shivan
Mar 23, 2009

programmed with a
variety of trusting
emotions

:h: :roboluv: :h:
We can always get the Nu in prehistoric times to rename her if need be.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
You ruined the all Goku run, you fuckers. This will not be the urn.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

Gologle posted:

You ruined the all Goku run, you fuckers. This will not be the urn.

To be honest, I was never a fan of the ending that naming every character Goku unlocked.

Felt way too much like the last Matrix movie.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Ratoslov posted:

Tell Luca to forget this, let's get high and make out.

Having been GOKU's friend for years now, GOKU has seen GOKU drunk/high and knows that it usually ends in urination and vomit. In fact, GOKU swears she can smell piss and vomit on GOKU now--

GOKU politely declines GOKU's suggestion.

Gildiss posted:

Take the red pill and fight 1000 Mr. Lavos' in an empty city during a rain storm.

GOKU suggests to GOKU that GOKU investigate the portals. GOKU decides to check out the Red Portal first.

This is actually a route to one of the 30 game endings, though it is only accessible in a New Game + mode. This will seem a bit odd to newcomers to Chrono Trigger, but what we are about to do is take a shortcut straight to the game's final boss, Lavos. We're going to miss all the story, heart-ache, and celebration, but hey, it grants us a unique ending, so we'll take it.

It isn't quite the rain-soaked city you imagined, but at least there's only 1 Lavos, rather than 1000--

:megadeath: Chrono Trigger OST - Lavos' Theme :megadeath:

You get ready to kick butt! In New Game+, this is actually quite a challenge taking GOKU against Lavos 1-on-1. Since this is New Game+++++++, it's rather easy. GOKU leaps towards the monstrosity and--

--pokes it right in the weird sphincter-mouth-eye thing. GOKU tries desperately not to think about where he just put his hand--whether it be in a sphincter, mouth, or eye (though he secretly hopes it was more eye than any other part)--and the creature roars, hideous beak shattering before his eyes.

:megadeath: Chrono Trigger OST - World Revolution :megadeath:

That is not all, though, as this was merely Lavos' shell. GOKU enters the now cavernous maw, entering a strange realm neither part of time nor space.

It is there that GOKU encounters the Lavos Core--though what exactly it is, he knows not, as he has skipped the entire backstory and plot of the game.

:megadeath: Chrono Trigger OST - Final Battle :megadeath:

As far as final bosses go, Lavos in all its forms is rather easy, and even now, in New Game+++++++ it goes down in a single hit. Yay!

Congratulations! You have wasted no time in finished the game, and have unlocked the Git'er Done Ending!

Probably one of the better endings, though bittersweet, as the world as a whole doesn't suffer undue strife. CHCH has to be sacrificed, sending Lean into a bit of turmoil, but all is well that ends well, as a strange figure takes command of the southern city-state of Poor and works to unite the two realms into a prosperous new Republic.

Considering the whole Telepod malfunction and missing Princess Nada, GOKU gives up her dream of being a scientist and settles down GOKU. However, because GOKU is actually kind of a slacker and has no skills besides hitting things with sticks and swords, they wind up living a continued life of poverty in a trailer park outside Lean's outskirts. They live a happy life, however, for they need and want little. They ultimately die in obscurity with no children to carry on their line, because going into the Red Portal rendered GOKU impotent.

Ah well.

Let's continue on, shall we?

Fister Roboto posted:

Go through the blue portal, throw LUCA through the red portal

nine-gear crow posted:

Push Luca into the red portal. :byewhore:

GOKU pushes GOKU into the portal.

Before you have a chance to anything more, like say, push the two Telepods together, you feel a strange presence behind you. A menacing voice demands to know what you have done. You recognize the voice as TABN's, GOKU's father. That's GOKU's father, and not GOKU's father, who is still very much dead thanks to the aforementioned combine accident.

What does GOKU have to say for himself?

Sally fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Sep 25, 2014

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
Will you be using the secret item hidden in the tile immediately to the left of the spot you start at in 12,000 BC that lets you add Cid IX from FFIX to your party?

Also, Goku immediately shouts, "Oi, you w0t m8?!"

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Blind Sally posted:

"I'm gay."

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President

Blind Sally posted:

Phase 1 is now complete.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Throw TABN into the portal. And if any guards show up to investigate, throw them into the portal too. Basically throw everyone into the portal.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
"Well, with your daughter surely dead now, you've got more time to spend together with your wife... Who you crippled. Haiooooooooo! :lol:"

Edit:

And then this:

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Throw TABN into the portal. And if any guards show up to investigate, throw them into the portal too. Basically throw everyone into the portal.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

Truly, Goku's ability to use meta-characters in normal speech is his greatest power. Woe unto Lavos!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Whoops, forgot OST links for the last update. Went and fixed that. A bunch of new tracks come at you fast and furious in the end game run, but they're pretty rad to listen to.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
"You're next. :mad:"

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Motion to rename TABN to BRDK

In It For The Tank fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Sep 25, 2014

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

TravelLog posted:

Truly, Goku's ability to use meta-characters in normal speech is his greatest power. Woe unto Lavos!

He's like Nurse Golem from the Total Extreme Wrestling LP, she spoke only in emoticons too.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Man, I'm too late to the vote.

I always renamed Marl Nada because it's entertaining to have later NPCs call her Princess Nada and her disagree and tell them she's Nada.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Genuflect. We need that bad ending and we may as well do it now.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
Scream for help and claim that in a bout of alcoholic rage TABN threw his poor daughter GOKU into the portal and he's about to do it to poor GOKU as well!

This will free up some time and allow you to sneak to the church for your new companion.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Challenge TABN to a rap off.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
Show TABN the other GOKU's stats page, because this is New Game+++++++, bitches! Or perhaps even explain the concept of New Game+++++++ to TABN and be chill.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

In It For The Tank posted:

Motion to rename TABN to BRDK

Agreed.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

TravelLog posted:

Also, Goku immediately shouts, "Oi, you w0t m8?!"

This sudden outburst startles TABN--

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

--and GOKU uses this opportunity to throw TABN into the Red Portal after his daughter, GOKU. Seeing as the presentation has already been barred off from the earlier mishap with CHCH, there is no one nearby to hear TABN's screams, and so no one comes to investigate.

You are certain throwing TABN and GOKU into the Red Portal will not have repercussions later on in the game.

Welp, it's time to go after CHCH. You enter the portal and step out into a dreary land, with a pungent odour all about. The Blue Portal closes behind you, seeing as there is no Telepod on this side to keep it open. This troubles you--if GOKU were here, she probably could have created some device, some "Gate Key", to open closed portals at a whim. Haha, too late now! You're on your own.

Wait--something steps out of the bushes and approaches you.

:megadeath: Chrono Trigger OST - Battle 1 :megadeath:

Tiny green men with butts for heads!

Whatever will GOKU do next?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Blind Sally posted:

Whatever will GOKU do next?
Tie them all into a balloon animal

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
We've been rumbled! Leg it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Recruit them into your new, just now formed army.

• Locked thread