Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Hello I'm here to teach you about my best teams

Melbourne Victory

Really good, the best team, the only team with endless mdt posting from known shitposters such as myself. Biggest team in the league, with the best fans 5 years running, and deservedly favourites for the upcoming season. Managed by paragon of sporting fairness, Kevin 'don't go past me or I will break your legs' Muscat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJQTjewR9KU
The best player in the league is Leigh Broxham, a versatile and inventive central midfielder, who despite being 5 ft 6 can capably fill in at central defense to shut down Emile Heskey, can smash in long range volleys from midfield, and was the first player to come through from the terraces to the pitch, having been a season ticket holder, then volunteered as the kit man at the club before winning a trial and going on to be the current vice-captain.

Closely following DJ Beat Brox is Gui Finkler, a Brazilian wizard who has an eye for a pass, a great shot from a dead ball, and will be providing the balls through to last season's top scorer and known Serbian, Besart Berisha.

The worst player at Victory is this lad, Jason Geria. Despite having a lot of pace and energy, and being pretty strong along with having a great wingspan, he's absolute gash. Will hopefully be replaced this season by some Macedonian international I've never heard of.

Scummiest player is easily Big Bes Berisha. A lovable kind of oval office (now that he's at my team), he's not dirty, he's just tenacious and wants to win.

:coffeepal:GET HYPE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I now know where Byolante sits so I'm going to go to Brisbane and start a fight with him and his hosed up thumb. I renewed my membership really late so it's almost certainly going to have not been posted by Round 1 ftl

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I'm not even sure that Gui Finkler isn't Kaka irl

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tongues posted:

We are all Kaka.

I bought my membership on the first bloody day they shot out of Kevin muscats womb and I haven't got my box of goodies yet. This is my first year as a paid up member, if you renewed from last year they sent you a deck of playing cards with all the suits except for heart.

I got the cards, they're actually surprisingly nice. I've been a paid up member for 9 years and I've never once received my box of goodies before the start of the season, and I think I've gotten my season ticket beforehand like twice. The front office is insanely disorganised.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Arquebus posted:

I need to stop loving lurking and actually post.

I've only recently gotten back into the A-League, but I've been watching it religiously since SBS started airing matches. I lived in Sydney back when it started and support FC to this day, but moved to Canberra in late 2007, so my opportunity to actually see matches live has been pretty limited. Still, I'm pumped as gently caress for the new season.

I'm actually thinking we might look decent this year now that our hopes and dreams don't rest on a usually crocked thirty-eight year old. That's probably just me being naive, though.

Did you get to go to the FFA Cup game Victory played against Tuggeranong in Canberra? Top top performance that was.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

1. Almost every game you can find on wiziwig.tv, or I think if you've got a bet365 account and a vpn you can watch all of them on there too. Or use Adnar's link.
2. theworldgame.sbs.com.au is the only site really worth following, and is also a highlights show on SBS. There's a couple of Zonal Marking type blogs that come and go, Ancelottery being my fave but idk.
3. You're also allowed a 'Guest Player' who falls outside the salary cap, but can only play 10 games. Iirc David Villa fills this spot for Heart City, which is a much better move than signing Sutee Suksomkit
4. All the A-League players are poo poo, so it's mostly a lot of big lads and fast lads with the occasional old guy who was once good. It's a physical league more than a technical one, which does also help the technical players look much better than they actually are, leading to the young kids with adequate technique leaving for teams overseas and immediately being shown up at a higher level.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

South Springvale are as close as I'm going to have as a local team in the FFA cup, so up the Springvales I guess

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

looks like a very sizable crowd, good stuff

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

oh so unlucky tomic, would have been brilliant

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

ahahah get hosed sydney (fc)

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

MiniSune posted:

Draw time.

Sydney FC vs Adelaide United
Perth Glory vs Melbourne Victory
Palm Beach Sharks vs Central Coast Mariners
Bentleigh Greens vs Adelaide City

ffs we draw an a-league team and still dont get a home match

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Alex_R posted:

Hmm Sydney FC won a game last night? I think I will be supporting them for the cup run, the forthcoming league and maybe beyond that!!!!

your ded 2 me

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Is this poo poo on Fox or what, who has a stream, is there currently a game going on idk

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

fffffffff none of the streams work at work (like me haha)

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

im so mad im missing this game, does across the tasman have d/ls for asian champions league games? if so i'll download it later

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

it looks like att do have acl games so im going to watch both legs this weekend i guess

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tongues posted:

What is ATT?

acrossthetasman.com, its got torrents for all a-league/australian football games

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

santalab reminds me of danny allsopp in that hes a big useless idiot who cant play football but he seems to score some great goals

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Danny Allsopp Resistance Education

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

im glad you didnt believe his hype because otherwise you'd never become a craig moore or a liam reddy

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tongues posted:

Craig Gower is my spirit animal:
From wiki
In December 2005, Gower was fired as Panthers captain[17] after incidents at a charity golf event where he argued with several guests, groped the teenage daughter of former league player Wayne Pearce, chased Mitchell Pearce with a bottle before vomiting on him, streaked nude around the resort, stole and crashed a golf cart, held a butter knife[18] to the throat of a Sydney radio personality before throwing it at resort guests, and engaged in a brawl with resort security before being ejected from the official function and detained by police.[19] Gower was handed a "final warning" by the National Rugby League and fined A$100,000, with A$90,000 to be paid to an NRL programme encouraging the responsible use of alcohol by league players and $10,000 to replace the destroyed golf cart.[20] Gower was "deeply unhappy" that the Penrith Panthers club did not defend his reputation, and at one stage threatened to "walk" from the club.[21]

it makes it even better that he was the captain imo, rugby players are nuts

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

um isnt this the semi final already

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

i actually really like wanderers and im not sure why, it might be because they have the best crest and kits in the league so its nice to watch them play and also they dont like sydney fc

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

he has a great beard if theworldgame is to be trusted

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

im glad wsw made it through and i hope they win the entire thing but i really hate two legged finals

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Alex_R posted:

wait what, the final is over two legs?

lol yes its dumb as hell

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I've sent an invite to Rapner and I've got a few left if anyone wants one

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Alex_R posted:

dont send me one

ok

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Any of the other Victory fans itt going to buy some of the shares that are up for sale? I've put my expression of interest in with Deloitte today for 200 shares ftw

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tongues posted:

Thinking about it - I heard they were fairly pricey though.

Got my membership card today, gonna be behind the south end goal against the wanderers and poo poo is gonna own bones

That 200 is the minimum, and is $500. My card showed up too, just ga though because I'm not hardcore

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I'm alive again and good Lord this headache is making me reconsider that, but I'd like to say loooooool get hosed wanderers

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

anyone got a stream for the melbourne city game?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

perhaps its just confirmation bias because you want your team to win and not the other team

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I've only watched the highlights but I can't say I miss having Dugandzic or Nichols, they're both average players with a terrible touch and enough quality to occasionally look better than they are. Gamiero is a proper good player though, and he's still only young. If he can keep up his for I can see him playing for Australia in the near future.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I only just tuned in but I don't like this Cernak scoring goals things, he's rubbish and I won't have it otherwise

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tongues posted:

I laughed.

Also, observe the latest offering from the Advanced Statistics Community:

I love this.

Terrible effort from that Palm Beach keeper, rip their chances in this game

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

lol it takes a hattrick to get a smile out of Sim

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

fuckin hell no one wants to pick him up do they

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Oh i loving love Wiz Khalfallah but the brox should never have been dropped. Bad omen that is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

*Jason culina voice* both teams will have wanted to win that, but in the end neither could

• Locked thread