Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
Azure dreams is loving sick and y'all should play it.

This poo poo is persona 3 a loving decade before it came out, you want grinding in a tower all day? You got it rear end in a top hat, only instead of being a really easy generic rpg it's a hard as gently caress roguelike, complete with your level being reset to 1 every time you enter the dungeon. You want to get pokemon and power them up, you loving better, because they keep their level and are the only way you can actually progress through the dungeon, this game even has basically the exact same "fuse two of your dudes into a stronger dude" mechanic. It's a little hosed up that you need to randomly find the item that lets you have two dudes out at once but w/e.

Anyway you know how in persona idiots thought it was really cool that after you did a lot of grinding you got to go to virtual school and talk to boring idiots? gently caress that poo poo, instead why don't you spend the money you earned fighting monsters to build up your shithole town like harvest moon or something. You wanna date anime girls? Go ahead son, nobody is stopping you. You afraid of anime cooties and never want to talk to a woman besides your mom? Go ahead son, you aren't forced to do that poo poo to power up. There's no gay rear end time limit either, the game just goes until you get strong/lucky enough to do the entire dungeon at once, but then it just keeps going anyway so you can chill the gently caress out.

If all of that didn't sell you on it, know that this is one of the games psycho mantis will read off your memory card, so you KNOW this poo poo is good if psycho mantis likes it, that motherfucker has excellent taste in videogames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
NIce post. You say a lot of swears about the game so I know you have a cool casual attitude about it...Classic

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
Persona games are only cool because of all the friends you make OP. You are basically saying that this is the lovely combat without the cool part.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
The mothershitting game is loving epic! Lol

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
Have you heard of a game called Super Mario World, for the Super SNES Entertainment System? It is a good game.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
E D F
E D F
E D F

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

NIce post. You say a lot of swears about the game so I know you have a cool casual attitude about it...Classic

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I just have tourette's, please understand

Hoodrich posted:

Persona games are only cool because of all the friends you make OP. You are basically saying that this is the lovely combat without the cool part.
dif being that the combat is actually good and doesn't take forever because it plays a billion drawn out attack animations or go through like four different loading screens to finish a fight

also you can totally make anime friends in this game

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMR2GlHktWg

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmFI7gjkGr8

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
i took my username from a character from an excellent yet kind of obscure game

i regret it every second of my life

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
god hand

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Earth 2150

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

It's real loving good, trust me

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

holy loving poo poo, do you see that loving strawberry walking around like king poo poo of gently caress mountain? this is but a small loving sample of the epically insane shitfuckery that awaits you in Hudson Soft's epic offering of Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom, cockshitter

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

the only non-racing game polyphony digital ever made

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

you guys are trying too hard to make fun of me imo, I didn't do any of this AVGN-esque compound swearing

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

japanese as poo poo genki stompy robot FPS for the playstation? i'll take twelve!!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

3D World Runner

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Onimusha III

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i rented the game in the OP once when i was a kid, didn't get very far and never thought about it again until today

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
gently caress yeah motherbitches

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

darealkooky posted:

you guys are trying too hard to make fun of me imo, I didn't do any of this AVGN-esque compound swearing

my love of poo poo for the MSX 64k is unironic and I don't appreciate you calling my heartfelt admission a troll post

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Robot Alchemic Drive

dank ps2 game where you control a person controlling a giant robot with an in-game ps2 controller. the controls are cool like each stick controls an arm and the shoulder buttons move the left and right legs forward and backward. you battle giant monsters and can unlock tons of other robots/monsters, and the 3 main robots transform as well. tons of stages and long campaign with classic 2000s era bad voice acting, fully destructable cities. my personal #1 underrated gem from nihon

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
stop posting EDF the game is definitely NOT obscure :fuckoff:

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Chill Penguin posted:

Robot Alchemic Drive

dank ps2 game where you control a person controlling a giant robot with an in-game ps2 controller. the controls are cool like each stick controls an arm and the shoulder buttons move the left and right legs forward and backward. you battle giant monsters and can unlock tons of other robots/monsters, and the 3 main robots transform as well. tons of stages and long campaign with classic 2000s era bad voice acting, fully destructable cities. my personal #1 underrated gem from nihon

Sounds chill.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Chill Penguin posted:

stop posting EDF the game is definitely NOT obscure :fuckoff:

global defense force then

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Warlocked was dope as hell, a really cool RTS for the GBC w/ 2 diff armies/campaigns

Each army only had 2 regular units but you could also get a hero unit who was a cool wizard and there were a poo poo ton of them and they all did diff stuff

Apparently there was going to be a GBA sequel but it got canned........RIP

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Doctor Goat posted:

global defense force then

low-budget bad game =/= "loving excellent yet kind of obscure"

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Warlocked was dope as hell, a really cool RTS for the GBC w/ 2 diff armies/campaigns

Each army only had 2 regular units but you could also get a hero unit who was a cool wizard and there were a poo poo ton of them and they all did diff stuff

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Freakin' Funky Fuzzballs

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
azure dreams was really sweet, props to op for recognizing that poo poo.

i rented it from blockbuster a long rear end time ago but never had a chance to buy a copy when I was a kid. I'll have to go hunt for a copy and play it again some day

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Chill Penguin posted:

low-budget bad game =/= "loving excellent yet kind of obscure"

edf is loving excellent yet not mainstream

eve of extinction (leon kennedy beats up people with neon weapons and fights a huge dude who's voiced by colonel in the colonel voice) and extermination (enjoyable early as hell ps2 horror (?) game) both own

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
Obligatory "more cult than obscure" Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon + Brave Fencer Musashi post

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Warlocked is in retrospect really bad but is really ambitious and all the wizards owned so it evens out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

warlocked was actually pretty bad but those pictures owned

• Locked thread