Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
I thought when they reinstated the rules a few month ago that nuGBS was over, but people carried on exactly the same and nothing changed

bluff called mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I always hated senor woodchuck so much and I felt extremely validated when everything came out of the woodwork

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I registered then gbs changed so may as well kill myself

Tagnik
Nov 6, 2009
gently caress old gbs same 10 lovely poo poo posts.

But some was good.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
guys i have the newest, funniest word for you all

are you ready?? i'm putting it in my next post so you don't lol (laugh out loud) too hard :xd:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
cuck

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

same

same
same
same
same
same
same

same
same

same
same

same
same
samesame

samesamesamesamesamesamesamesamesamesamesamesamesame

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

VoxIsMyCowboy posted:

I registered then gbs changed so may as well kill myself

yes

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

smoobles posted:

failed experiment, delete gbs, permaban lowtax

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
skeletons are cool though, they can stay + invade all other forums

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

THS posted:

yeah its definitely starting to play out, but this past year.. it needed to happen

time is a flat circle

actually its like 4 gays on the edge of a cuck

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Does anyone feel like the zeal and fervor that once defined the GBS community is starting to fade? I mean, my local fan club doesn't meet as much as it did in the past (we do around one or two meets a month now, when we used to meet every weekend in the past).
People I know from the forum tell me that they are getting tired of GBS in general and of the forums drama over hotdogs, cuck memes, etc. Some just say that they are burned out by it all and want to devote time to their other interests and hobbies instead.
Personally, I am increasingly caring about the forum and posting much more myself, too. I am not as active in the fan club now. I rarely read any other forums. Hell, I rarely read byob anymore.
I get the feeling that most posters, after almost one year of non-stop interest in GBS, are starting to wind down a bit. People are still fans, but they are not as into it as they once were. A guy I know who posts here believes that GBS 2015 could be the end of GBS because he believes that the intrest has peaked, and has fatigued itself to exhaustion that most goons are suffering from burnout in general.
Are you guys suffering from burnout? Do any goons you know scaling down their involvement with the forum? I wonder what this means for the forum as a whole - reduced levels of activity, etc.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the best part of the creation of new gbs was the slow dissolution of old gbs. posters like hellbastard and that furry guy who made the christmas threads made an impassioned stand for their absurd works while getting repeatedly owned. others, like genesplicer or gay three olives seemed to continue about their business as if nothing happened, a testament to the strength of their "old man" and "gay condo" post stylings, respectively.

after the period of changeover the success or faliure of new gbs is a matter of opinion. with innovative new policies like "no racism" i think things have never been better, but solutions to no-content threads and the utterance of catchphrases like "i'm gay" in threads which have nothing to do with the topic of sexual orientation have not yet been devised. overall i would say that the change was a good one but that one year later there are still some kinks to be worked out.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

1gnoirents posted:

No. It sucked. It was self-feeding bullshit.

same

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
did i poo poo post in this thread yet? poo poo post.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

bring back toiletlord's original avatar, the new one is an affront to lowtax's great works

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Christmas Miracle posted:

bring back toiletlord's original avatar, the new one is an affront to lowtax's great works

low tax changed my old av, the toilet lord was just newbie av for like a day, then iseeyouseemee changed it then some else changed it then i got whatever i got now, i got AV's off so i like it when people waste money on me.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

gently caress that's so complicated

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I was afraid to post in old GBS as I had no idea what would get someone banned or not.

I love posting in new GBS because it's fun and chill and cool.

The Risk
Mar 6, 2014
The best thing about GBS is the mods taking care of our mental health.

Rip Doobie

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Dely Apple posted:

That time when the weird furry artist brought that bizarre as gently caress Christmas weird talk thread into new gibbis was x ptty funny in that he was run out of here on a pile of his awful furry pictures and whimsy holiday bullshit

still mad this isn't goldmined

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
everything is bad, all forums suck

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

The Risk posted:

The best thing about GBS is the mods taking care of our mental health.

Rip Doobie

The hot dog racist is dead?

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

every GBS 1.4 thread is a surprise balloon.

cis white male
Jul 5, 2014

i'm a fag i'm a lesbian

toggle posted:

just realised it but will smith's character in independence day was a cuckhold. raising some stripper's spawn
lol owned

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
if u want old gbs back just go to reddit bc thats literally exactly what it was like

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

a starwar betamax posted:

Does anyone feel like the zeal and fervor that once defined the GBS community is starting to fade? I mean, my local fan club doesn't meet as much as it did in the past (we do around one or two meets a month now, when we used to meet every weekend in the past).
People I know from the forum tell me that they are getting tired of GBS in general and of the forums drama over hotdogs, cuck memes, etc. Some just say that they are burned out by it all and want to devote time to their other interests and hobbies instead.
Personally, I am increasingly caring about the forum and posting much more myself, too. I am not as active in the fan club now. I rarely read any other forums. Hell, I rarely read byob anymore.
I get the feeling that most posters, after almost one year of non-stop interest in GBS, are starting to wind down a bit. People are still fans, but they are not as into it as they once were. A guy I know who posts here believes that GBS 2015 could be the end of GBS because he believes that the intrest has peaked, and has fatigued itself to exhaustion that most goons are suffering from burnout in general.
Are you guys suffering from burnout? Do any goons you know scaling down their involvement with the forum? I wonder what this means for the forum as a whole - reduced levels of activity, etc.

really makes u think

cis white male
Jul 5, 2014

i'm a fag i'm a lesbian
haha what was it like in the hellbastard thread when the rule change happened

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

cis white male posted:

haha what was it like in the hellbastard thread when the rule change happened

He was hounded off the forums by a small cadre of bitter posters.

Original Content?! Not in my new GBS!

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
old old gbs was pretty funny sometimes and made me sign up
then old gbs was terrible
now i jjust dontz give a gently caress anymore :)

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ilikedirt posted:

if u want old gbs back just go to reddit bc thats literally exactly what it was like

uhhh reddit is a very diverse community and has so many subreddits and topisc that you cant possibly generalize it in this way!! how ignorant.. le sigh

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

You have to be in a relationship and then have your woman cheat on you to be a cuckold, you loving moron.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

we should all be thankful that all of the severely autistic retards that genuinely think people care about their 30 page essay on gender politics or some poo poo are confined to their own subforum called D&D

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I kind miss old gbs and I dont think there's been many noteworthy threats in nugibbis besides like 2 or 3 and the ms paint threads.
Its an ok place to chill but everywhere feels the same now.

Plus since then like every forum has turned into some crappy byoblite. Imp zone is a good forum though despite itself.

I get probated hard every time I act like an idiot in other forums so idk Wut u mean

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

SHISHKABOB posted:

I get probated hard every time I act like an idiot in other forums so idk Wut u mean

Yeah, I try to stay out of other forums because they're mostly all crazy.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

you dont have to be crazy to post here, but it helps!!

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

THS posted:

you dont have to be crazy to post here, but it helps!!

lmao if u dont like the weather here ... just wait 5 mins!!!!!!!

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

redshirt posted:

He was hounded off the forums by a small cadre of bitter posters.

Original Content?! Not in my new GBS!

Sorry we ruined your lovely mspaint webcomic circlejerk.

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

:hb::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb::hb:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

mookface posted:

I always hated senor woodchuck so much and I felt extremely validated when everything came out of the woodwork

the new mods sure make a huge difference.

back in old gbs the lack of capital letters would mean a probation.

every day without aatrek is a good day.

• Locked thread