Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Biggie Shorty
Oct 8, 2008

Zzulu posted:

i like to shitpost so i like nuGBS

Old GBS was filled with boring sadbrains

agree. Nu GBS rules even when it sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I still don't really know what the difference between nugbs and byob is really
i dunno if byob is chill but we definitely hate each other here

Dr_Amazing posted:

Was this really a thing that was happening a lot? I notice it a lot more now where threads that could have had potential got immediately poo poo up in the first few pages. Seriously try to find a thread that isn't full of name calling and people calling each other out. That's kind of the whole point about rules that posts have to have some sort of content.
im calling u out, poopyhead

i mean :agreed:

redshirt posted:

Vote 1 and move on.
the old gbs simulator is over there, you missed it apparently

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

here's a few thousand posts where some boring retards fight over who is most offended by a bad thing, it's really good.
haha thanks i gotta read through these

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

new gbs would be better if we had new insults for the op

try these out:

go gently caress a boat, op
please go gently caress a boat, op
write fanfiction about loving a boat, op
post your beechcraft sex fic immediately, op

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr_Amazing posted:

When I joined the rules were what set GBS apart. Posts had to have some sort of content and unfunny memes and catchphrases were banned when they became tired and unfunny. I'm not sure why anyone would argue that this is bad and we need more bullshit to scroll past.

Maybe I'm biased but when I joined the forums, GBS was loving horrible and I literally would read the FYAD mirror versions of threads, because they would pick up most of the actual funny posts and condense a 100 page thread down to about 10 pages. If FYAD didn't have a mirror thread, I'd scan real quickly past all the typical old-GBS format posts (long, ten dollar words, scripts of their conversation like i give a poo poo (why were these usually pretend-conversations about athiests or catholics or republicans or w.e), etc) and just read the actual, funny/good posts. I'd read about ten pages in five minutes because I'd scan it so quickly.

tl;dr old gbs loving sucked, nobody wanted to post in it, except for a small core of really obsessed wierdos. those same wierdos still post here, but they dropped the sentence case for the most part because the more retarded an old gbs poster is the more terrified they are of standing out.

yo also i unironically miss seeing 3-4 paragraph posts about how upset they are a poster would use fag or retard or whatever as an insult. i'm so loving mad about internet words right now.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I dunno, I browsed gibbis a lot back then and there was a lot of long posts but I never got this thing about people getting offended by people saying human being or the rape derails. Maybe I just missed those threads but it kinda comes off like people just like being able to say fag a lot and like every thread is the exact opposite now where everyone just tries to out insult each other a bunch

I do agree that people posting with more levity is nice and there has been some pretty funny posts and threads because of it but like 800000 threads get posted every day and most of it is even more white noise than old gbs

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

What do people mean about 'content?'

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Grand Prize Winner posted:

new gbs would be better if we had new insults for the op

try these out:

go gently caress a boat, op
please go gently caress a boat, op
write fanfiction about loving a boat, op
post your beechcraft sex fic immediately, op

I cater my insults specifically for each new thread's OP. Just a little service I provide around here.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Photoshop threads in SA were loving cool back in the 00's because nobody knew how to PS for poo poo and there were a few nerdy PS wizards ahead of the curve here, but in 2014 there's a billion websites dedicated to Photoshops, some truly excellent, so it's hard to stand out the way it used to

what I'm saying is, PS threads as the ol' reliable great content generator are not a good idea anymore

hahahaha what was wrong with these peoples

loving lol

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
every single post in this thread would warrant a probation/ban in old gbs. posting about posting, shift key, hate speech & mod sass (defined as mentioning the moderation) these punishments would be unequally applied based on the pedophile's opinion of any given poster. you would also be probated if enough spastic faggots mashed report, even if you didn't break any of the couple dozen written & unwritten rules

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I dunno, I browsed gibbis a lot back then and there was a lot of long posts but I never got this thing about people getting offended by people saying human being or the rape derails. Maybe I just missed those threads but it kinda comes off like people just like being able to say fag a lot and like every thread is the exact opposite now where everyone just tries to out insult each other a bunch

I do agree that people posting with more levity is nice and there has been some pretty funny posts and threads because of it but like 800000 threads get posted every day and most of it is even more white noise than old gbs

the point is that nobody should care if i say fag. it is a word, on the internet, that they read. they even have the tools to make it so they don't ever have to read me posting it again.

Drink Cheerwine posted:

every single post in this thread would warrant a probation/ban in old gbs. posting about posting, shift key, hate speech & mod sass (defined as mentioning the moderation) these punishments would be unequally applied based on the pedophile's opinion of any given poster. you would also be probated if enough spastic faggots mashed report, even if you didn't break any of the couple dozen written & unwritten rules

also this. stop posting about posting! *derails the thread with how much they hate recently banned poster for whatever reason*

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Larry Parrish posted:

the point is that nobody should care if i say fag. it is a word, on the internet, that they read. they even have the tools to make it so they don't ever have to read me posting it again.

also this. stop posting about posting! *derails the thread with how much they hate recently banned poster for whatever reason*

Shut the gently caress up you white privileged gently caress face. Boo hoo, I can't say friend of the family and it's not fair.

cis white male
Jul 5, 2014

i'm a fag i'm a lesbian

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

nerds pedantically lecturing each other about things they don't grasp.

that was the worst. everyone was a goddamn expert in everything and would authoritatively say poo poo that was incorrect

it still happens all the time both here and everywhere irl, but old GBS was especially rife with special snow flakes that fancied themselves enlightened scientific minds perfectly capable of chiming in on quantom physics and such

edit: I for example cannot even spell "quantum"

cis white male fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Sep 22, 2014

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

But of course we understand that stuff we post on GBS after all.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

any post about "quantum physics" that isn't pages of equations is probably bullshit

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

VectorSigma posted:

any post about "quantum physics" that isn't pages of equations is probably bullshit

aha but we're discussing quantom physics & ur risible reliance on equations betrays your patriarchal prejudice

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Hobohemian posted:

Shut the gently caress up you white privileged gently caress face. Boo hoo, I can't say friend of the family and it's not fair.
you guys keep missing the old gbs simulator with these posts, it's right over there come on

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

redshirt posted:

Vote 1 and move on.

This is all backwards. If you don't like a news story thread or something, you vote one and move on. (or just don't read it) If you're tired of reading "I'm gay" and "cuck" for the hundredth time in an otherwise funny thread, there's no button for that.

cis white male
Jul 5, 2014

i'm a fag i'm a lesbian
show me one 'otherwise funny thread' that 'i'm gay' ruined

it's not like we're splashing cuck painting on the mona lisa here, we're just having dumb conversations in desperate attempts to feel like a community

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i dont mind im gay or cuck. theyre not really for me, but theyre so short i can breeze right past them, and every once in a while a good im gay gets me

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

it's like "that's what she said" jokes most of them are retarded but every once and a while the timing is perfect

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

CrashCat posted:

you guys keep missing the old gbs simulator with these posts, it's right over there come on

I love your avatar

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

VectorSigma posted:

the forces that guide our forum world are out of balance

bring back helldump

Calypso
Sep 28, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Dr_Amazing posted:

When I joined the rules were what set GBS apart. Posts had to have some sort of content and unfunny memes and catchphrases were banned when they became tired and unfunny. I'm not sure why anyone would argue that this is bad and we need more bullshit to scroll past.

Ditto.

neonburzt
Jul 25, 2010
I remembered when I first stumbled upon SA and read that short story about a guy who was a literal garbage man i.e the dumpster thread. Old gibbis kinda rules.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

opus111 posted:

What do people mean about 'content?'

funny stuff, idk

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Hobohemian posted:

I cater my insults specifically for each new thread's OP. Just a little service I provide around here.

hobohemian is a good poster, he is like a rudder of our boat in a storm

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Oberleutnant posted:

what happened

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Portals posted:

I love your avatar
i've never seen a cuter pic of a cat making GBS threads

http://imgur.com/J2N1nGc

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

VectorSigma posted:

it's like "that's what she said" jokes most of them are retarded but every once and a while the timing is perfect

tha's what she said!!!

Straker
Nov 10, 2005
the fyad lite poo poo needs to go away, but this is still better than when gbs was like D&D lite, at least

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

I loving hate this

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
GBS hasn't been good since it was split into dozens of subforums

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

While the low content posts and repeating memes are a drag, this place was getting to be like tumblr with every SJW coming out of the woodwork. This is much better.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Moola posted:

I loving hate this
Yeah I was never a fan of this one either. Hey guys I can ignore the thread's intent and post some poo poo derail as long as I throw in a token copypaste of some sort, right?

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Its ok.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

I am gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

is it really though