Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 684 days!)

i miss all those great old gbs threads like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

if you miss posting in old gbs i don't like you

it was like dnd, except with dumber people, if you can imagine, and if you didn't capitalize you were punished by a permavirgin gnome that fucks ducks, king duckfucker, lord of olde gibbis.

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

seņor woodchuck hosed ducks, wrote ducktales erotica, was in all honesty a 40 year old virgin that lived with his parents, according to his blog, where he talked about sniffing the hair of strangers on public transportation and fantasizing about spree killing. the fact that ppl were banned and probied by this man is a stain on these forums. his posting was exactly the dipshit college dropout smug :allears: lecturing that characterized gbs i guess post-2009, and it was to his and ozma's tastes that gbs was curated to, in my extremely gay opinion

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

just that one actually

like anybody remember toby

no

me either

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3594071&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

this is a nu gbs thread, and while it helped spawn the cuck meme, was extremely good original content, probably better than whatever hellbastard was doing with skulls and pirates that i did not read

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

i thought it was weird at first when ppl were complaining about being arbitrarily and unfairly punished by creepy failures like woodchuck bc it says right there on the package that that's what your $10 buys you

but it turns out that idiots attempting humor is more fun than idiots attempting to outsmart each other, and all the crybaby poo poo about how gbs sux now because you can't win internet points anymore by dogpiling ppl you don't like with tumblr copypasta is p lol

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

gbs was fun as gently caress when the only acceptable form of posting was finding creative ways to call someone a rape apologist, regardless of the actual topic. miss the gently caress out of that.

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

Dr_Amazing posted:

Was this really a thing that was happening a lot? I notice it a lot more now where threads that could have had potential got immediately poo poo up in the first few pages. Seriously try to find a thread that isn't full of name calling and people calling each other out. That's kind of the whole point about rules that posts have to have some sort of content.

it's the only thing that ever happened in gbs '09-'13. the witch hunts where the only thing that broke up the monotony of a bunch of godawful nerds pedantically lecturing each other about things they don't grasp.

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3456827&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3463278

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3460017

here's a few thousand posts where some boring retards fight over who is most offended by a bad thing, it's really good.

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

i'm not gonna go all comedy justice warrior here bc ffs but the least you can say about nugbs is that ppl attempt to approach topics with some levity in the interest of enjoying life instead of bitter impotent whining about social issues.

i mostly see people get insulted when they write long lovely sociology 101 effort posts because who wants to read that poo poo

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

oh jfc the rape threads THE RAPE THREADS the term triggered gets bandied about a lot these days but i about irl had a panic attack just now remembering goons fighting about who was the most offended by rape i've got cold sweat running in rivulets from my armpits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

Neo Duckberg posted:

I do, actually.

well uh go be a freshman in community college or something???

• Locked thread