Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
the first time I fought the taurus demon the boss accidentally walked off the ramparts and died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ruddha posted:

if you dont like dark souls your gay

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Doctor Spaceman posted:

the first time I fought the taurus demon the boss accidentally walked off the ramparts and died

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkKWdrdxngo&t=57s

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Droid posted:

Dark Souls 2 makes some nice improvements but the bosses loving SUCK

I think the DLC bosses make up for this, been beating my head against Sinh for a while.

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

Buy the Dark Souls 2 season pass for $24.99 and recover the 3 missing crowns of the realm-- a value of $8.33 per crown.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
i am gay

u sp33k l33t br0
Sep 12, 2007

Who Doesn't Like Intercourse?
Soiled Meat
Get really good at dodging, it's very satisfying.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

cat doter posted:

putty knows whats up

i hate you!

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Sklyansky posted:

I tried it and got stuck on some stairwell for a while, got sick of it, and went back to Halo/COD, etc. I endeavor to some day get beyond the stairwell and see what all the fuss is about though.

this is literally me but i had a goond "show me how to play" which entailed me following him around while he one shot everything we encountered

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Waroduce posted:

this is literally me but i had a goond "show me how to play" which entailed me following him around while he one shot everything we encountered

block alot.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

i'm deducting from your pay for every post you miss FYI

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Dodge roll and hit stuff with the biggest sword you can lift

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Putty posted:

i'm deducting from your pay for every post you miss FYI

i miss every come ever fyi!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

i miss every come ever fyi!

thought you were being cool.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

what'd I do

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

cat doter posted:

what'd I do

loved cheese!

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

loved cheese!

well I am white

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

cat doter posted:

well I am white

me too you loving cracker!

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress you

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Nathilus posted:

for noobs taurus demon is effectively a gear check. totally owned me over and over until someone in games let me in on it too. the game wants to know if you're smart enough to have learned to upgrade a shield. you obviously haven't. do so. a decent physical shield upgraded to +4 or +5 makes his combos way less alarming because he can't guard break you on the second or third hit.

at that point you need to figure out a tactic to take care of the dogs. i tend to use the stairway to bait them away from the demon. once he's alone and you have a decent shield, he's easy as hell.

At first I was going to make fun of you for having trouble with the easiest boss ever, but then I realized you meant Capra Demon. He's a dick.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
you can throw piles of poo poo over the archway leading to the capra demon, poisoning and killing him before you cross the fog gate

naem
May 29, 2011

So, block a lot, no no dodge a lot, no no rolling without armor, no heavy heavy armor and shields, no no two handed swords always, no no no armor less and all magic. Gotcha.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Putty posted:

you can throw piles of poo poo over the archway leading to the capra demon, poisoning and killing him before you cross the fog gate

no one cares what you says!

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

naem posted:

So, block a lot, no no dodge a lot, no no rolling without armor, no heavy heavy armor and shields, no no two handed swords always, no no no armor less and all magic. Gotcha.

its like its a game you can play multiple ways

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

naem posted:

every time people talk about dark souls there's a bunch of people saying "this is the best way to play it bla bla" but dark souls is perhaps one of the best games there is when it comes to adaptive style

just do whatever works

although I will say that magic is perhaps a bit easier for beginners because you do lots of damage and it's not as difficult as melee combat

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

have you tried not being awful

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
do not use magic

slam club on enemy head

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Putty posted:

do not use magic

slam club on enemy head

club slamming is fun

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just do whatever you think looks cool you goof

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
just need 90 str to go dual slammin

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Putty posted:

do not use magic

slam club on enemy head

You are pathethic!

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Putty posted:

last time I tried this the hitstun wasn't enough to work reliably so I switched to dual greatswords

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Putty posted:

I don't like you!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

cat doter posted:

last time I tried this the hitstun wasn't enough to work reliably so I switched to dual greatswords

ive seen people complain about the dual greatswords, but they're so easy to dodge it's not even funny

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Putty posted:

ive seen people complain about the dual greatswords, but they're so easy to dodge it's not even funny

oh it's purely for pve, I don't really pvp at all

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xIcuGPwVyE

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Here's another tip if you're new and having trouble. Start a character and get your strength to like 16(I think), go to the graveyard where those skeletons are by firelink shrine and pick up a sword called the Zweihander. You can 2-hand this thing at that level of strength and it's real good and even better when you upgrade it. It can help you through the game. Just learn to roll and dodge enemy attacks.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

cat doter posted:

I don't really pvp at all

what

Kawalimus posted:

Here's another tip if you're new and having trouble. Start a character and get your strength to like 16(I think), go to the graveyard where those skeletons are by firelink shrine and pick up a sword called the Zweihander. You can 2-hand this thing at that level of strength and it's real good and even better when you upgrade it. It can help you through the game. Just learn to roll and dodge enemy attacks.

don't forget your father mask

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Let me blow your mind with this one weird trick to make dark souls way easier that game devs don't want you to know

Don't try to roll out of or away from attacks, roll into them.

*if you're playing dark souls 2 make sure your agility is over 90 before you try that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Putty posted:

Can I kill you you?

• Locked thread