Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Never mind, I just saw last night's results... Fucks sake, people, are Own and I going to have to form Parm City?

probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yo soy fiesta
Feb 6, 2005

Are you fucking shitting me, dude!?

The wins will come with time. Finishing is harder this year, and we had a bunch of great chances in almost all the games last night.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

The Big Taff Man posted:

You say this like youre not.

I do.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Did y'all say that the Pro Clubs website works again? If so can someone link?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just sign into the FIFA site and its on the "more" drop-down menu

SAMB0
Jul 9, 2004

Space Bear.
Destroyer of Worlds.

TheBigAristotle posted:

Also how'd that John Rocker jersey work out, dude? Womp womp

Last night was a nightmare I'd like to forget.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
My Copys arrived. I wont be on till probably about 9pm, someone set up the euro team

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
I hope mine has arrived

Knoddus
Oct 30, 2007
Born in a crossfire hurricane
Send me $$$ so I can get a ps4 and sort these results out.

X_ThePerfect
Jul 31, 2010
Is this thread purely for Parmos or also generic Pro chat?

Regardless - I picked up 15 having not really played a football game since PS2 PES and decided to try online pro. I've only been playing CDM or RB in pick up games but it has been great fun so far although I am legitimately terrible. The accomplishments all look like they'll take a while to start making noticeable improvements too.

Ultimately being a pro is great fun and I'm enjoying it way more than I ever expected to and if there is ever a Parmos Dregs I'd totally be game.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Hey jerks stop talking as if scoring and winning matters, some of us are feeling left out!

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Friend someone high-level and we can share a bunch of stat boosts with you from the FC Catalogue - you'll go from 77CAM to 84CAM if the person is 57+ (will improve your stats in all positions, but you get the highest rating as a CAM Creator)

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I've sent my request to join Zip_UK

Jimmy James
Oct 1, 2004
The man so nice they named him twice.

TheBigAristotle posted:

Eh, it's not really that shocking at all, honestly, I would imagine we're bigger than most clubs out there, and we have a lot of new blood. Gotta gel, dogg

Also I feel like I should sign every post with PASS MORE.

If you're averaging like 8 passes a game, bump that up to like 10-12, try and limit solo runs and don't just turn-and-burn, it's better to keep possession alive with teammates in front of you than give it up and risk a counter goal. We got burned bad a couple times last night from that.

We had a couple matches last night that were hella spicy, and KP is the form Parmo atm so feed the beast

I echo this. I would not limit the discussion to number of passes because I have played a lot of games with only 6 passes per game. Passing success rate and possession stats a pretty meaningful too.

We need to pass more and use more of the field. I personally would challenge us to score more goals that aren't on fast breaks. We tend to turn and burn and will run ourselves into a dead-end, if we don't have any good options, rather than hold-up and create something. A lot of our goals are 1vs1 with the keeper. Passing laterally and backwards, even on fast breaks, can be cool and good too. I know most of our opponents only go for 1v1s on counters, but I personally have more fun doing other stuff. I feel a little bit like a dick typing this, because I think everyone knows it. For some reason we just need to keep reminding ourselves.

You guys have probably learned from me talking that I like using the wings and crossing (intelligently, not desperately), but I like any kind of movement really. Parmos is taking some getting used to for me because I have a distinct style I play with on seasons, and I have to learn to let it go and play in our team's style. I'm usually a div3 level player post New Years, but maybe 2 or 1 in the first few months the game is out. I'm not the best, but I've played it long enough by myself to develop strong tendencies and styles.

And we shouldn't feel too bad about last nights matches, we did get promoted. We did lose a few matches to some pretty lame people that still bother me though. I like winning, but I wouldn't put too much weight on what division we are in. Getting relegated in Seasons is always kind of fun for me because I end up scoring loads of goals in the lower division before I get promoted again.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Just got this game and applied to Parmos as beedeebee. My pro is already rated 81, without playing a single game. So, I'd like a transfer fee of 100 million dollars. Thanks.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Most of our issues stem from reverting to old habits, trying to force things, rather than waiting for chances to open up, distributing the ball around.

Also if you're playing midfield/fullback and you want to push up, just tell someone to cover for you so we're not totally exposed

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

beedeebee posted:

Just got this game and applied to Parmos as beedeebee. My pro is already rated 81, without playing a single game. So, I'd like a transfer fee of 100 million dollars. Thanks.

I'm sorry, I've only got like 70k EASFC coins :(

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Jimmy James posted:

Passing success rate and possession stats a pretty meaningful too.

Win percentage is all that matters.

Because it's the only stat I'm near the top at :saddowns:

X_ThePerfect
Jul 31, 2010

black.lion posted:

Friend someone high-level and we can share a bunch of stat boosts with you from the FC Catalogue - you'll go from 77CAM to 84CAM if the person is 57+ (will improve your stats in all positions, but you get the highest rating as a CAM Creator)

This would be cool if somebody is willing to hook me up. PSN is X_ThePerfect.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

TheBigAristotle posted:

I'm sorry, I've only got like 70k EASFC coins :(

Just accept me, we'll figure something out with third party ownership or w/e

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Game works, so if there's a euro time zone team to apply to I'll be on from 9-ish GMT tonight.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

sassassin posted:

Game works, so if there's a euro time zone team to apply to I'll be on from 9-ish GMT tonight.

There will be one but I cba to make it

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

beedeebee posted:

Just accept me, we'll figure something out with third party ownership or w/e

Didn't you hear? FIFA and UEFA are banning the practice, thus fixing football forever

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

There will be one but I cba to make it

Looks like the big Taff man is making it when he gets home, get your pros ready.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
If you are US Parmos and need the catalogue boosts send a friend request to NattyBo1985 and I'll take care of a few of you when I get home.
I have some 100k FCC coins or whatever they're called still after boosting lando and someone else

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

NattyBo posted:

If you are US Parmos and need the catalogue boosts send a friend request to NattyBo1985 and I'll take care of a few of you when I get home.
I have some 100k FCC coins or whatever they're called still after boosting lando and someone else

Bit mean to the UK Parmos this

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm sure Andre and Duncan have plenty of coins to get you up to speed

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
I requested a transfer to parmos, psn bradsta.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Alright I created a Euro Parmos, except given the Parmos name is getting a bit of a beating at the moment I called it something else

Team name : Mates

Euro goons, apply

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

:laffo: You are all hilarious.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Big Taff Man posted:

Alright I created a Euro Parmos, except given the Parmos name is getting a bit of a beating at the moment I called it something else

Team name : Mates

Euro goons, apply

Go make your own thread then

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

TheBigAristotle posted:

Go make your own thread then

Wait, are you genuinely moody about this. I'm happy to play in a mix team but you said theres too many players?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, this is the Parmos thread, you guys should be Parmos, right?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
By that I mean FC Parmos or Parm City, Parmos Town, Parm Tigers

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

TheBigAristotle posted:

Well, this is the Parmos thread, you guys should be Parmos, right?

Youre not going to believe this but two teams cant have the same name

yo soy fiesta
Feb 6, 2005

Are you fucking shitting me, dude!?

Just call yourselves Eurotrash

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Now that's moody lol

Baba Oh Really
May 21, 2005
Get 'ER done

You seriously can't use Parmos Utd or something with Parmos/Parm in it?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Maybe the US team should rename to ParmUS FC

e: I will start the Canadian branch, Parmeh? FC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Woah I didnt realise you guys were so passionate about the Parmos name. We didnt use it in the last 2 editions on the Xbox.

• Locked thread