Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Solar Icarus

Hate shrugs apogetically. "I'm not well-versed in ship combat, and haven't cornered rats since.. " his face darkens at the memory. "..a long time ago. Best we can do is cut them off and flush them out." He turns to the sergeant. "Sergeant, how are we set for less-lethal weaponry?"

(( Tactica Imperialis:

1d100=64

Fate Point:

1d100=94 ))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lateinshowing
Oct 10, 2012
Fun Shoe
Lysandros Mordechai

Bowing slightly, his mind turned to his training and teachings, the priest trying to recall if anything like this happened before... and if it could be reversed. It wasn't a warp entity..... but whatever could this be? Unfortunately, he wasn't as well trained and versed as he'd like and without the astropath, Choirmaster Aomel, the priest would remain in the dark for this mystery.

FL: Heresy or SL: Imp. Creed, whichever applies. versus 33 and 38 respectively 1d100 79

Hell no... and I'm not gonna reroll it.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Wow, you guys have clearly offended the Dice Gods at some point.

To briefly answer questions: It is not impossible to resolve this with no bloodshed, but with those rolls... those ways aren't springing to mind at the moment. When the Astropath gets there, he'll take a pass at figuring out the situation, but at the moment you're mostly thinking of entering with guns blazing.

Speaking of which, there are several large entrances to the docking bay, and a handful of maintenance tunnels/etc that can be used for access. The guards say that the last they saw the traitors, they were mostly clumped near the outer airlock using crates and scrap metal as cover, basically equidistant from all the main entry doors at about 50-75 meters. If you're planning on going in, let me know who's going in first and if you're readying any actions.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
Having been voted least-likely-to-notice-lasguns, as well as most-likely-to-shoot-first-ask-questions-later regarding Chaos, it's not much of a leap to imagine me going in first. I can also shield everyone else, because yay size bonus!

Also I have sprint. I could clear that distance fairly easily.

Tias
May 25, 2008

((Sure thing. I'll advance behind you, aiming and killing as I go.))

Lateinshowing
Oct 10, 2012
Fun Shoe
And I can be on the other side, either poking at them at long range, or just burning the lot of them at close range with the flamer if it comes to violence.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
A'ight, probably give this a bit more time then kick open the doors and make things get loud (barring any objections). I'll make reasonable assumptions about starting positions and let y'all react to events in progress.

Lateinshowing
Oct 10, 2012
Fun Shoe

susan posted:

A'ight, probably give this a bit more time then kick open the doors and make things get loud (barring any objections). I'll make reasonable assumptions about starting positions and let y'all react to events in progress.

No objections here. If all the skill rolls fail.... well, just time to go bust some skulls.

Tias
May 25, 2008

((Having failed my Tactica roll, I think Solar just wants to get stuck in, so it sounds good by me.))

Lateinshowing
Oct 10, 2012
Fun Shoe
I don't think anybody else is gonna respond/try to do something. Go ahead and advance time susan? I'm willing to wait for the Astropath... or just kick in the doors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Yeah, open the doors, throw smoke grenades and close to pistol range. Fire Semi-auto bursts, avoid close combat if possible.

• Locked thread