Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
E: ..

Arch-Militant Solar "Hate" Icarus

Solar Icarus participating in the cleansing of Denota IV

Born in the depths of a hive city on Baraspine, Solar Icarus did not begin life thinking that cruising the deep voids was his fate. He was sold to a private enforcement agency as a child, and learned the way of the gun very quickly. After coming of age, he was a stubjack enforcing trade rights and mercantile charters in his hive city, considering duty a virtue and picking up knowledge of a wide variety of weapons. When a crusade was called against mutant cohorts and their pirate allies beyond Tranch, Icarus felt the stirrings of a new joy: Seeing the galaxy, even if it was to kill others.

After conducting succesful pacification ops on the outlying worlds, Icarus took part in a starship battle, ostensibly to break the bridge of a major pirate vessel. However, treacherous skill and subterfuge on the part of the pirates saw them unleash toxin loads on their bridge while the majority of their leaders escaped in smaller crafts. With his entire platoon dead or horribly mutilated in that battle, Solar swore undying enmity against the pirates and their dishonourable like - and people still call him "Hate" to this day, a recognition of his dedication against pirates in the galaxy.

Exceedingly scarred by his past in one of the crusades near Tranch, Solar pursues employment with free and rogue traders out of a sense of duty and lust for adventure - also, he hates pirates with the burning force of a thousand sons after an encounter with them left his mates dead and the pirates escaping - and the mere rumour that they might be involved, has led him to befriend the prospective trader, selling himself on extensive knowledge of the sector, military background and his practical knowledge of explorator technology and duties.

(More to come.)

quote:

WS: 40 BS: 38 S: 37 T: 35 Fel: 33 Agi: 39 Int: 31 Per: 35 WP: 37

Fate Points: 2

Total Wounds: 13

Origins: Hive World ~ Stubjack ~ Crusade: Chasing The Enemy ~ Exhilaration: New Horizons. Cost: 350xp, I reduce the groups profit factor by 1.

Basic Skills: Speak Language (L. Gothic, Hive Dialect), Tech-Use.

Trained Skills: Awareness, Common Lore: Koronus Expanse, War - Dodge, Intimidate, Scholastic Lore: Tactica Imperialis, - Secret Tongue (Military) - Trade: Explorator.

Talents: Basic/Melee/Pistol/Thrown Training (Universal), Hatred (Pirates), Light Sleeper, Hardy, Quick Draw.

Sound Constitution: 1

Traits: Accustomed to Crowds, Caves of Steel, Hivebound, Wary.

Equipment: Good Craft. Hellgun, micro-bead, enforcer light carapace, void suit, medikit, manacles, arms coffer.

XP Expenditures: Origins (350), Awareness (100)

XP Left: 50

Tias fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Sep 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tias
May 25, 2008

That's right, my bad :) Thanks, susan.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Waci posted:

Posted fluff for my submission. Lets build and army and start a crusade. There's no profit like conquest.

Let's sign up a crooked missionary to declare all pirates heretics, and my character will be all over that poo poo :black101:

Tias
May 25, 2008

((What is the setting? Are the rest of us located near the rogue trader while the initial text plays out? Are we already an assembled crew that knows one another? ))

Tias
May 25, 2008

Solar 'Hate' Icarus

Solar stands to attention at 5'11", a chiseled, rough and slightly haggard brick shithouse of a man. His simple two-piece tunic and formal dress jacket signals formal hauteur, but his relaxed posture and callused face and hands speak of a capacity for violence. He has shaved and grown hair for the occasion, but does not really fit into the high society bearing of the gathering.

When hearing of Deslin's treachery, Icarus perks up, squinting angrily into the distance and baring his teeth. After regaining his composure, he talks.

"If it please you, Captain Winters, there is nothing I'd rather be doing than bring this bilge-rat scum to justice."

Tias
May 25, 2008

Solar 'Hate' Icarus

Solar broods on the information, looking at spot in the ceiling while his superiours chew the fat. He hoped the reputation of his friends as a salty crew was true, for he didn't really have many contacts outside of ground-pounding mercs, and this was out of their league. Oh, to take some pirates alive, and force it out of them!

Suddenly feeling a chill as he hears of the captured vessels, he cuts in.

"Lady Inquisitor, do we know anything at all about how the vessels were taken while live? Even speculation? I'd rather not charge empty-minded at the treachery of heretics."

(( You could just write the name of the Scene, even with a timestamp, like "M39.235.222, Port Wander, Segmentum Pacificus", or just "Aboard/On/In [location name] for the plot posts ))

Tias
May 25, 2008

((I wager we need to hit our peers, and see if we can find any non-captured survivors from the lost ships?))

Tias
May 25, 2008

((Bloody hell it's hard to choose.. Can I decide to wait with acquisition, or will it be impossible in space?))

Tias
May 25, 2008

Solar Icarus

Solar enters, dressed for work, and carrying a purse in one hand. "Sorry if I am late, had some tiresome haggling to do with a trader of personal arms. I am ready to commence operation of systems fortwith."

((In that case, I shall try my hand at a Mezoa-pattern melta gun. PF (33), One person (+30), Rare (-10) = Target 53. 1d100=69 ))

Tias
May 25, 2008

Solar 'Hate' Icarus

Solar shudders at the navigators voice. Even if his diction is perfect and his voice strong, there's just something about navigators that make his skin itch on the inside.

He makes ready to inspect the various weapons systems, praising due dilligence and giving a stern word should sloppiness be found.

((Familiarizing myself with crew sections and weapons systems. Not fishing for a bonus, it just seems prudent if/when things start to go wrong.))

Tias
May 25, 2008

Solar "Hate" Icarus

Solar steps forward, worry etched into his face.

"Captain, with your permission I suggest picking around in the crew, see if anything turns out. If this is a warp denizen, we need to contain it immediately."

((Rules-wise this is either fiat, Inquiry or Hunt for Sedition. Essentially, sending out security agents to interrogate crew in various quarters to look for signs of personnel behaving strangely, uttering blasphemies or harboring secrets. Possibly rolled against the crews own rating, since my fel is shite and I am untrained for most of these things.))

Tias
May 25, 2008

Solar Icarus

Solar has not fought ghosts before, but he has an inkling that he's seen worse. Looking to Alia with some concern, he says "Let's go."

Seizing his mouthpiece on the way, he orders the men to cut off the enemy, and that senior officers are on the way to clear out the infestation.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Solar Icarus

Hate shrugs apogetically. "I'm not well-versed in ship combat, and haven't cornered rats since.. " his face darkens at the memory. "..a long time ago. Best we can do is cut them off and flush them out." He turns to the sergeant. "Sergeant, how are we set for less-lethal weaponry?"

(( Tactica Imperialis:

1d100=64

Fate Point:

1d100=94 ))

Tias
May 25, 2008

((Sure thing. I'll advance behind you, aiming and killing as I go.))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tias
May 25, 2008

((Having failed my Tactica roll, I think Solar just wants to get stuck in, so it sounds good by me.))

• Locked thread