Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Interested in making up a Voidmaster, probably focusing on small craft. Rolled stats on Orokos:

Character Creation: 10#2d10+25 31 34 40 36 45 38 38 33 41 42

I'll drop the 31.

edit:

Wounds: 1d5 4+8=12
Fate: 1d10 7
Insanity: 1d10 1

Alia Winters was born to fly and fight in the void. The roar of engines and the screaming of cannon is in her blood, and has been for generations of her family, a prominent Navy line connected to a Rogue Trader Dynasty. Alia took an unorthodox interest in small craft operations when her branch of the family’s connections proved insufficient to secure a command track position. Her talent at flying and leading fighters stood her in good stead during operations against Ork raiders on the Spinward Front, allowing her to rise to prominence in the fast moving cut and thrust of combat that left heavier ships behind. Her rapid advancement was checked by Navy politics – fighter pilots are never popular with the big gun traditionalists, and her family’s ancestral rivals took advantage of this to have her career put in indefinite limbo, grounding her in Port Wander. Left with no prospect of resuming her service to the Emperor with the Navy and rapidly tiring of station life, she pursued any lead that would get her back into a spaceship. It was an impressive set of coincidences that found her cousin, the likely inheritor of a Warrant of Trade, in a position to offer her employment. Of course, where Rogue Traders and Inquisitors are concerned, there is no such thing as a coincidence…

quote:

WS 34 BS 47 S 33 T 40 Agi 45 Int 36 Per 33 WP 46 Fel 47

Home World
Battlefleet
  • +5 WP +3 Fel -5 Per
  • Common Lore (Navy), Speak Language (Battlefleet War Cant)
  • Officer On Deck: +5 Command on Spaceship
  • Void-Born Ancestry: Pilot (Spacecraft). Void Accustomed
  • Ship-bound fighter: -2BS and 2 X Range Penalties on planet
  • Wounds:1d5 (Rolled 4)+8 =12
  • Fate: 1d10 (Rolled 7) = 4

Birthright
In Service to the Throne: Born to lead (200xp)
  • Command
  • Literacy
  • Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis)
  • +3 Fel, -3 T

Lure of the Void
Crusade: Call to War (150xp)
  • +5 BS
  • Peer (Military)
  • Hatred (Orks)
  • 1d10 (1) Insanity

Trails and Travails
  • Product of Upbringing – Rivals (100xp)
  • +3 Fel
  • Rival (Spring Family)
  • Peer (Winters Family)

Motivation
Pride
  • +3 Toughness

Basic Skills

Trained Skills: Common Lore (Imperial Navy +10, War) (Int), Forbidden Lore (Xenos) (Int), Navigation (Stellar) (Int), Pilot (Space Craft +10, Flyers) (Ag), Scholastic Lore (Astromancy, Tactica Imperialis) (Int), Speak Language (Low Gothic Battlefleet War Cant) (Int), Command, Literacy.

Talents: Pistol Weapon Training (Universal), Melee Weapon Training (Universal), Nerves of Steel. Peer (Military, Winters Family), Hatred (Orks), Rival (Spring Family)

Traits: Officer on Deck, Void Accustomed, Ship Bound Fighter, Mastery of Small Craft

Gear: Common-Craftsmanship power-sword, Common-Craftsmanship bolt-pistol, Guard flak armour, Micro-bead, void suit, blessed ship token, re-breather, Imperial Navy uniform, 2 bottles of amasec, pict-recorder, vox-caster.

Acquisition: Good-Craftsmanship Mind Impulse Unit (Rare -10, Good -10, Neglible +30)

Expenditure: Origins 450/500, 50xp unspent

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Sep 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Waci posted:

Shandra Winters

So, uh...cousins?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

with a username like that you've never played rogue trader?

also if you need help with character generation get in #acolyte

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Aw yiss, made the cut.

So susan, couple of questions:

1) do you have a preferred format for role-playing posts? Bolded IC speech or whatever?

2) Can we go hog wild with common quality items at this time?

edit:

3) are you going to roll up ship history and complications?

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Sep 25, 2014

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Alia Winters

The unexpected arrival of an Inquisitor is among the worst surprises an Imperial citizen can receive. Coming hot on the heels of the good news that cousin Shandra would inheriting the family Warrant and was able to offer her a position, the sudden about-face of fortune has left Alia slightly adrift. Her first instinct is to react physically, her hand jerking towards the butt of her bolt pistol before she catches herself - if she drew the thing it would probably be safer to shoot herself and hope for a misfire than aim at the Inquisitor. Her second instinct is to seek refuge in military protocol and high-born haughtiness: Cover for your boss, and pretend there isn't really a problem. Choosing her words with exceptional care, she breaks the painful silence.

"While I'm not in a position to answer these scurrilous claims against my late Uncle's good name I am personally sure they are groundless. That aside, at this difficult time I expect my cousin will not be interested in an unseemly brawl over trivial criminal matters, and will be glad to assist the Inquisition with their, uh, inquiries. I'm afraid I can't say I'm familiar with this group. Are they some kind of pirate gang?"

Sweat is building up inside her starched collar, maintaining this kind of blase facade in the face of the very real threat of death and disgrace requires a different kind of courage from hurling a Fury interceptor into the defensive fire of an Ork gunship. She looks around for some kind of support.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Alia Winters

A muscle in Alia's jaw spasms as she tries to stay calm listening to the tale of treachery. The mere thought that a fellow officer would turn traitor and join a band of heretical pirates is sickening. The idea that others might still be supporting him from within the ranks of her beloved navy is infuriating. Although as keen as any of the others to clear this stain on Imperial honour, there are still certain tactical considerations that spring to her mind.

"Inquisitor, I have a few questions. You said that Deslin was commanding a patrol fleet. What happened to the rest of the fleet? What ship was he commanding when he deserted? And what other forces do you suspect the Contessa's possess?"

Alia tries to recall if she remembers any details about Deslin or his command (Common Lore: Navy (Int 36 + 10): 1d100 43) and succeeds, probably.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Alia Winters

What Lysandros is saying rings true to Alia, although Deslin probably had no criminal reputation before he went rogue either. Thinking through the situation, she can begin to see a course of action.

"I suspect that it would be easy enough for the lady Inquisitor to put the word out that she is looking for us, and that would go a long way towards establishing our criminal credentials should we choose to attempt to infiltrate the Contessa's organization. I can talk to some old contacts about the renegade, and if Deslin still has friends in Port Wander he'll know that we left in a hurry, with an Inquisitor sniffing at our heels."

She shrugs, knowing it's not much of a plan.

"Lord-Captain, Inquisitor, with your permission I'll engage in some 'idle gossip' on my way back to Venture Capitalist to prepare for launch."

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Speaking of getting the ship ready to launch, what's our complement of small craft like?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Alia Winters

Alia has two jobs to do on her way back to the ship. First, she has to make inquiries with naval personnel about Deslin sufficient to arouse suspicion among any spies he may still have in the port, and secondly she wants to try and acquire a Gun-Cutter. If anyone happens to want to pass along messages for the Navy presence stationed beyond the Maw, she can handle that as well.

Going by the formula in Battlefleet Koronus our ship has room for 12 small craft. Did you want to handwave that sort of thing or should I obsessively micromanage it?

Using CL (Navy) to represent ringing up old contacts and asking questions: CL (Navy) Int 36 +20: 1d100 90

Hmmm. Nobody wants to talk to a beached officer running off with a Rogue Trader I guess.

Acquiring a Gun-Cutter (Very Rare -20, Vehicle -10, Negligible +30, Common Craftsmanship +0): Acquistion: Guncutter: 1d100 75

Bah, no luck at all.

Unable to get so much as a conversation out of anyone in the port, Alia slinks back to the ship to prepare for launch.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

I presume through the Maw to Footfall? But it'll have to be the Lord-Captains decision

Alia Winters

Taking her place on the Bridge, Alia settles down into the helm-throne, and allows a nearby tech adept to connect her MIU to the systems of Venture Capitalist. Information from the auger arrays and reports from the various departments flood in to her mind, as she rapidly and professionally prepares the ship to move away from the dock. Just waiting on the rest of the command crew.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Alia Winters

Alia stands up and salutes in the general direction of Shandra and begins to buckle on her sword and pistol. Time at warp always makes her feel like a loose end, with no need for a real-space pilot to be at the helm while the Navigator practices his arcane trade.

"Lord-Captain, with your permission I'll head down and assist that security team. I have experience with boarding actions."

Nothing like being shot at to ward off the doldrums.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Alia Winters

Readying herself for the imminent storm, Alia re-checks her equipment - trusty Bolt-pistol, flak armour, rebreather, smoke grenades, backup Las-pistol and Power-sword.

She doesn't put any particular stock in the bay worker's fevered ramblings about spirits of the dead. Navy ratings are notoriously superstitious and it seems that hasn't changed with her change to private sector work. No doubt this is just variety of some hysteria or cabin fever, like most outbreaks of "warp madness". Men often crack under the strain of travel through the Immaterium, and order has to be restored with brutal discipline.

Idly rubbing a brass icon of the figurehead of her old ship kept on a chain around her neck for good luck, Alia tries to consider what kind of storming pattern they should use.

Tactica Imperialis: 1d100 78

:doh:

Tactica Imperialis fatepoint re-roll: 1d100 92

:argh:

Hopefully the man who insists she call him "Hate" has a plan, because all of a sudden she can't think of one beyond running in shooting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Yeah, open the doors, throw smoke grenades and close to pistol range. Fire Semi-auto bursts, avoid close combat if possible.

• Locked thread