Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Religious crusader zealots? Yeah, I can work with that. Note that I jumped a bit over on the chart to get from the void born connected Fringe Survivor to reach Duty Bound. If it's a problem I'll just switch to Stubjack. It's mostly for backstory coherence.

Artus

Most who toil on the great ships of the imperium do so their entire lives. However a relative handful make their in the shadow of the great fleets, drifting from one vessel to the next. Constant outsiders on the notoriously insular flying cities, these nomadic souls live a meagre existence trading labor and services to the more traditional outer deck passengers. For their part, Artus family were members of a small but fanatical missionary cult. Dedicated to the rediscovery and reintegration of those people and technologies lost to the ages, they lived on the fringes of Imperial rule. Born into a community of such zeal, it was a foregone conclusion that the young nomad would dedicate his life to the creed. Even his decision to join the cult of Mars and forsake flesh was merely a step toward better understanding the duality of the God Emperor.

Perhaps more importantly, the young engineseer proved well suited to his chosen path. Blessed with a keen mind and the omnissiah's favor, he rose to the enviable position of directly maintaining the great engines of the imperial frigate His Radiant Favor. While not the only one involved in the task, circumstances would lead to him being the most famous. The vagaries of the warp left the venerable ship stranded far from resupply with no navigator. The social order of the ship barely lasted two months, with the already clannish inhabitants falling to open warfare over basic necessities. Even the ship's officers were not immune, falling to infighting over how best to ration supplies or deal with the underdeck wars. The situation came to a head when the ship's captain ordered the installation of a heretikal device designed to mimic a navigator's inborn abilities. While none alive know exactly where such a thing was obtained, the consequences are a matter of record. Magos Regias was executed upon attempting to destroy the object, leaving the many enginseers and lesser technicians leaderless. That might have been the end of it if Artus hadn't led the small army of servitors and Mars cultists in a raid on the bridge. With the heretical captain and much of his command crew dead, His Radiant Favor stayed adrift for another eight months. By the time a passing rogue trader came to their rescue, only a relative handful of the millions of voidsmen still lived. When word of his dedication and sacrifice for the omnissiah's work spread, Artus was raised to the status of Magos Explorator of the rogue trader vessel The Venture Capitalist. So his life comes full circle, once more searching the edges of space for the lost legacy of mankind.

pre:
Homeworld: Void Born
Birthright: Fringe Survivalist
Lure of the Void: Duty to the Throne
Trials and Travails:  Calamity
Motivation:  Devotion to the Creed
Career: Explorator

Experience: 0/5000

Advances:
Fringe Survivalist [300]
Devotion to the Creed [200]

Starting Acquisition
Good Quality Cortex Implants

Free Explorator Bionics
Mind Impulse Unit
Subskin Armor

Characteristics:
WS	30	(25+5)   
BS	40	(25+15)
S	20	(25+0)  (-5 Origins)
T	48	(25+20)  (+3 Origins)
Ag	30	(25+5)
Int	45	(25+20)	
Per	30	(25+5)
WP	48	(25+15) (+8 Origins)
Fel	40	(25+15)

Wounds: 9 Wounds: 1d5 1
Fate Points: 4 (+1 Origins) Fate: 1d10 5
Insanity Points: 7 Fringe Survivor Insanity: 1d5+1 3 Robobrain Insanity: 1d10 4

Skills:

Survival (Int)
Charm (Fel)
Literacy (Int)
Logic (Int)
Tech-Use (Int)
Trade: Technomat (Int)
Common Lore: (Int)
	Imperial Creed
	Machine Cult
	Tech
Forbidden Lore: (Int)
	Archeotech
	Adeptus Mechanicus
Speak Language: (Int)
	Ship Dialect
	Low Gothic
	Explorator Binary
	Techna-lingua

Talents:
Armour of Contempt: Reduce all corruption gains by 1
Light Sleeper: Counts as Awake
Nerves of Steel: Reroll test to resist Pinning
Inspire Wrath +20 to inspire anger/hatred
Basic Weapon Training (Universal)
Melee Weapon Training (Universal)
Logis Implant: Reaction & Tech-Use test to gain +10 WS/BS
Autosanguine: Heals as if lightly wounded, 2 damage a day

Traits:
Charmed:  Roll 1d10 for fate use.  Result of 9 restores spent point
Ill-Omened: -5 Fel when dealing with planet born humans
Void Accustomed: No space sickness and easy Zero-G movement
Shipwise: Stellar Navigation & Pilot Spacecraft as basic skills
Duty to the Throne: -10 Fel with non-imperials
Echo of Hard Times: Reduce starting PF by 1
Mechanicus Implants
Unnatural Intelligence x2

Bionics:
Mechanicus Implants
Mind Interface Unit: +10 to Eligible tech related tests
Good Quality Cortex Implants
Subskin Armor
Good Quality Vitae Supplacement: 8 hours life support, 50% chance to survive blood loss & shock

Gear:
Good Quality Hellgun
Good Quality Power Axe
Enforcer Light Carapace
Multikey +30 Security
Void Suit
Injector
Sacred Unguents
Micro-bead
Combi-tool +10 to Tech-Use
Dataslate
Servo-Skull Familiar
pre:

WS	BS	S	T	Ag	Int	Per	WP	Fel
30	35	20	48	40	40	30	48	40
3	3	2	4	4	8	3	4	4

Wounds: 9
Fate:   4

Armour: 5 Head, 7 Body, 7 Arms, 7 Legs

Weapons		Class	Range	RoF	Dam	Type	Pen	Clip	Rld	Special
Power Axe 	Melee	--	-/-/-	1d10+7	E	7	--	--	Power Field, Unbalanced, +5 WS
Hellgun		Basic	110m	S/3/-	1d10+4	E	7	30	2 Full	Reliable
Edit: Had shorted myself on the free explorator cybernetics. Added 'em in.

Tran fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Oct 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Power armor is for people with insufficient dedication to the true flesh :colbert:

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

Explorator Artus

With the woman's entrance, Artus rises to give a proper greeting. Head bowed and hands set in form of the cog, he quietly waits for her to pass judgement. When it is clear that none will be forthcoming he calmly responds to the implicit threat. "If forfeiture of the warrant is your judgement then we humble servants of He On Terra will of course abide by such. However if we are not to face the justice of His inquisition, I do not see the need for such threats. Who but the most vile of heretics would deny your request?"

When the data-slate is offered he gestures toward it with an outstretched arm, metallic tendrils already sliding out of his wrist. "May I?"

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

Explorator Artus

Taking the pad in hand, Artus makes the physical connection. Silent bursts of techna-lingua praise the lesser machine spirit and beg access to the data it guarded. As it acquiesced, Artus' own resident machine spirit greedily absorbed the new information. Faces, names, and relevant details committed to memory within fractions of a second. With a burst of thanks, he disconnects and returns the pad to its resting place. All told the process takes mere fractions of a second, clear testament to the superiority of the true flesh.

Leaving the Omnissiah's gifts to sort and cross-check the files for anything immediately useful, Artus returns his attention to the conversation at hand. "To turn his back on His light is reason enough to seal this man's fate, but he compounds his damnation by corrupting the children of the Omnissiah. It will be a joy to see him burn."

Grimdark downloading the pda's files to Artus' brain computer. In case a roll is necessary: (Base 45+10 omni-tool & +10 MIU) Latter bonus might not apply, but pass either way. Tech-use 65: 1d100 38
As to seperate threads, it's mostly if you want to keep the game thread free of clutter. So you can have all-ooc posts and any re-recruit in one thread and game stuff in the other

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

Explorator Artus

"Maintaining so many holy edifices to the Omnissiah would require a great many tech-adepts," Artus cuts in suddenly. "I cannot imagine so many of my brethren would willingly corrupt the machine spirits into service of an apostate." He nearly spits the word in contempt. "It is far more likely this filth harbors a sizable cabal of hereteks. This would be of great interest to the Fabricator-Locum. However, I expect desire for secrecy likely includes them. At the very least we should see to their destruction if possible. Doing so is likely to earn favor in the eyes of those loyal to the Omnissiah."

Far as your post header, the standard is to use the location referenced, a list of characters present, or both.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

Explorator Artus

"Very well, Artus says. "I shall consult with my brethren and learn if Magos Toronos has a task to offer. Given their role of gathering and researching artifacts from the expanse, it is likely anything they seek would also be of interest to our piratical quarry. He pauses to bow his head in prayer. "May the Omnissiah direct our footsteps on the path of knowledge. With the benediction given, he exits the room in search of the grand mechanicus enclave. That they would have tasks to perform was assured, it then became a question of whether they'd be willing to trust them to anyone outside the church's own explorator fleets.

Gonna' ask around the other tekpriests for possible makework. Can play it out or handwave it as a test. Just in case: Charm of 40 Tekpriest Charm: 1d100 16

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

Explorator Artus

+Thank you brothers,+ Artus chatters in binary. +I have one more request if I may.+ He raises fleshy arms as if inspecting them for flaws. +I fear I have too much of the false flesh, I suffer grave difficulty recovering from the transformation to the true. I have heard however that the Omnissiah has tools for just such as I. Might there be such an artifact available here? I assure you a suitable donation can be arranged, and have suitable genetors aboard the Venture Capitalist for implantation.+

Just wanted to squeeze in an acquisition if we're doing a round of 'em before heading out. Going for a good quality Vitae Supplacement. Total mod is +10 Vitae Acquisition: 1d100 30

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

Explorator Artus

Though he attends the sacred ceremonies involved with preparing the great engine's spirit for warp transition, Artus leaves much of the daily operation of the ship to his counterparts and associated underlings. Important as such duties were, he was far too eager to attend to implantation of his new secondary circulatory system. No longer would he spend days or even weeks in recovery from each new addition of the true flesh. Indeed, if it performed as designed he would be fully restored by the time they arrived on Footfall.

Spending much of the trip in traction. Vitae Supplacement will shorten it, but still getting an emergency circulatory system grafted to his spine and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

Explorator Artus

Artus' convalescence is generally peaceful. There was some chatter about maddened ratings, but the ship had plenty enough armsmen for that. No, Artus was content to simply research the ship's records for any information it might have on the various classes of vessel that the inquisitor's dataslate mentioned. Likely it would be simple busywork, but there was little else to do as he healed.

• Locked thread