Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Fair enough, managed to miss that.

RE:latest episode. Escape rooms are super fun, and you should try it if you're looking for a pretty unique activity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Shakugan posted:

Fair enough, managed to miss that.

RE:latest episode. Escape rooms are super fun, and you should try it if you're looking for a pretty unique activity.

Are they really $200?

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...

evobatman posted:

Are they really $200?

For the one in Boston it's $28 each. The room is set up for 10 people, if you had a smaller group and didn't want to share, you'd have to buy all 10 tickets, so $280.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Anyone think they are gonna have Sheldon be distraught over Nimoy dying and try and compare it to Howards mom?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

No.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Shakugan posted:

They sound like hell. Group dynamics, having to play "make believe" with grown adults, being forced to solve MENSA-esque brain teasers.. where's the appeal?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Irish Joe posted:

They sound like hell. Group dynamics, having to play "make believe" with grown adults, being forced to solve MENSA-esque brain teasers.. where's the appeal?

Working together with friends to solve puzzles can be fun.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
It was odd seeing the fourth wall in Sheldon's Mars video.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Irish Joe posted:

Some people like to get off the interweb and find new and intriguing ways to challenge themselves while also having fun.

Windows 98 posted:

Anyone think they are gonna have Sheldon be distraught over Nimoy dying and try and compare it to Howards mom?

End screen on yesterday's show had a photo of Nimoy with the caption, "The impact he had on our show and on our lives is everlasting"

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Mister Kingdom posted:

It was odd seeing the fourth wall in Sheldon's Mars video.

I think that was the first time we've seen that angle of the apartment, and it did look pretty weird.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006
The Leftover Thermalization

Tension arises when a magazine fails to mention Leonard in an article about the paper he co-wrote with Sheldon, and a blackout at Mrs. Wolowitz's home leads to a final family dinner in her honor.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The last episode was alright, a scene near the end though did one of my least favorite things in movies/tv where a person spells out explicitly what the joke is even when everyone is already laughing. I'm talking about the part where Bernadette yelled at Sheldon and Leonard in Howard's mom's voice, and then like 20 seconds into the joke Howard says "Is it just me, or does she sound like my mom?" loving terrible. They've already made that joke at least 2-3 times anyway.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

:thejoke: was that it took this long for Howard to notice.

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp
Only seen the show on reruns. Many, many, many, reruns over the years.

Just caught a live episode for the first time ever. Consensus?

:HOLY gently caress, Penny dropped her hotness meter by A SHITLOAD. She is not even hot anymore! (guys saying this)

"Whoa! What the hell? That is quite a change. Um........ (Girls saying this)

End score after many girl on guy collaborations: Penny dropped her "hottness" score by AT LEAST 22 points by loving with her hair like that. She is now 22% less attractive. That is the score she got for loving with her hair from both guys and girls in my group.

Personally? I think its way worse. I think she dropped her hotness level by at least 50%, not 25

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Someone actually wrote that last post. I hope they were drunk.

Episode was good when Sheldon was talking to Leonard in the apartment at the beginning and actually showed empathy because he could relate to the situation. Then it went to poo poo.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

Personally? I think its way worse. I think she dropped her hotness level by at least 50%, not 25

The pixie look just isn't for her face shape.

First appearance in the show:

Mister Kingdom fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Mar 14, 2015

The Duke
May 19, 2004

Her hair did look pretty bad last episode, I won't be posting my hotness score though.

JohnCrichton
Mar 6, 2007
Welcome to the Federation Starship SS Buttcrack.
I think she chopped her hair after she got married. Probably was thinking "I'm married, I don't need to look hot anymore." and it seems like she has gained a few pounds as well.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

quote:

What a fat, ugly bitch!

:goonsay:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Yeah, really. The short hair isn't a good look for her, but if The Fappening taught us anything, its that she has a rockin' bod.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
How did I never notice what a whiny bitch Raj is?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Iowa Snow King posted:

How did I never notice what a whiny bitch Raj is?

He's been written a bit better of late, but yeah he can drive me mad.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Both the latest BBT and the recent first episode of Louie this season dealt with the topic of alien contact.

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
I figured by now we would have seen Penny go bridezilla. It seems like they spent more screen time on Bernadette and Howard's wedding.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
I'm excited to see the alien invasion of Earth.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
So I guess they had to wash the kitchen.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

evobatman posted:

So I guess they had to wash the kitchen.

I've enlisted the help of my friends to clean//been enlisted/volunteered to clean their places, especially after parties or if we spend a lot of time at each others place. It could have actually been a pretty decent thing, like when they were singing together, I was like hey, we do that too. But to have whats his face with the bad haircut do it because his wifemom made him and all that was just lame.

Instead of turning it into a positive they just made them all look pathetic and weak and hard to relate to, at least to me.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Not the most thrilling cliffhanger.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
They didn't exactly build up to that, but oh well.

This show's been pretty dire this season.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I didn't see the episode, but let me guess: Penny's pregnant?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Leonard and Penny elope to Vegas, Leonard admits barely making out while on that ship, ep ends before they get to Vegas to see if they go through with it.

Amy dumps Sheldon, turns out Shelden had bought an engagement ring

Picklepuss
Jul 12, 2002

Irish Joe posted:

I didn't see the episode, but let me guess: Penny's pregnant?
Given the awful shirts she's been wearing lately it's a good guess.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007

Sub Rosa posted:

What an ironic twist, if she had just held out for 5 more years she might have gotten her physical and emotional needs met. Amy you hosed up girl!!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Sub Rosa posted:

Leonard and Penny elope to Vegas, Leonard admits barely making out while on that ship, ep ends before they get to Vegas to see if they go through with it.

Also, Howard and Bernadette can't force themselves to make Stuart move out. Raj considers dumping Emily because she's too weird (like wanting to have sex in a cemetery).

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Edly posted:

What an ironic twist, if she had just held out for 5 more years she might have gotten her physical and emotional needs met. Amy you hosed up girl!!

I gave up on this show early this season, and my brother in law told me "something huge" happened this episode. If it was just Amy dumping Sheldon then I guess who cares. So nothing else significant happened? Besides the eloping thing?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I gave up on this show early this season, and my brother in law told me "something huge" happened this episode. If it was just Amy dumping Sheldon then I guess who cares. So nothing else significant happened? Besides the eloping thing?

The only thing that as shocking was the missing laugh track on the final joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I would have enjoyed it more if Sheldon had proposed and then Amy broke up with him, tbh

• Locked thread