Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp

evobatman posted:

Sheldon does now not even resemble a human being. If someone acted like that in real life both when they had their stuff stolen and when they were supposed to have a professor/teaching job they would be institutionalized. And his friends keep enabling him.

You've never met a true autistic sperg in real life? I find the Sheldon character to be an incredibly accurate representation of a real life sperg. The realism is one of the best part of the show in my opinion. I've known many Sheldons in real life. They work all over Silicon Valley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp

Solice Kirsk posted:

I thought the writers keep saying he's not supposed to be autistic.

This might be because of the HUUUUUGE autism lobby and their ability to write angry letters at the drop of a hat (think Jenny Mcarthy). The writers probably just say this to avoid ruffling any feathers.

Sheldon is clearly a high functioning autistic, and without a doubt the most accurate depiction of one I've ever seen on TV.

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp

Mister Kingdom posted:

When/if they finally do it, it has to be in some strange location or under some weird circumstance.

Meaning drunk?

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp
Only seen the show on reruns. Many, many, many, reruns over the years.

Just caught a live episode for the first time ever. Consensus?

:HOLY gently caress, Penny dropped her hotness meter by A SHITLOAD. She is not even hot anymore! (guys saying this)

"Whoa! What the hell? That is quite a change. Um........ (Girls saying this)

End score after many girl on guy collaborations: Penny dropped her "hottness" score by AT LEAST 22 points by loving with her hair like that. She is now 22% less attractive. That is the score she got for loving with her hair from both guys and girls in my group.

Personally? I think its way worse. I think she dropped her hotness level by at least 50%, not 25

• Locked thread