Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

Sheldon is clearly a high functioning autistic, and without a doubt the most accurate depiction of one I've ever seen on TV.

I could have sworn this was called out as bullshit in the last thread because people with that level of autism aren't that selfish and sociopathic?

Nevvy Z posted:

That haircut is great you are all crazy.

The haircut is great...if you're only looking at it from the shoulders down.

Really, her cheeks are too chubby looking to pull off that haircut.

Anyway, the more I watch this show the more I realize it isn't really going anywhere. Yea yea, its a comedy, but it doesn't really treat its characters with a lot of respect and it feels like it keeps punching down on the same nerd tropes over and over.

For instance, you have what you would think of as a 'win' moment for Howard with his Mars Rover Pitch, but they managed to turn that into a losing situation as well.

I mean, the show doesn't even allow the characters to be good at what they're doing. Penny was a lovely actress and waitress. Howard's space toilet failed. Leonard hasn't done much of anything. Sheldon's theories are debunked. We don't even hear about Raj.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I wish I could remember when and where it was said in the thread, but as I remember it: it centered around the whole thing with the rental movie and Leonard in the wool sweater that made him itch like crazy.

Leonard had open wounds all over his body from his uncontrollable itching and Sheldon made him suffer through it. Is that a trait that Sheldon's brand of autism would entail? That the dude straight up doesn't give a gently caress how much his friend is suffering just to make a point?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

That was actually a good and funny episode.

• Locked thread