Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
We've put this on in the background while we eat dinner, just because it's marginally better than the news being on and it's not as deep or needs as much attention as a show that's actually interesting.

Basically, i'm saying it's background noise.

Who the gently caress are these people providing the laugh track? Have they not seen an actual funny show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Danzel Glovington posted:

It literally seems that the writers don't care what the explanation is they just say, "oh we have all these jokes about the woman making more money than the man that the public will just eat up like bird seed, no need to explain them the actors can sort that out"

This is pretty much the only reason for the plot.

It's like they're insinuating that because Howard doesn't have a clear 9-5 that he's literally making no money and thus Bernadette is having to give him "pocket money" in order to do anything. Which makes no sense because he has a job, and like you said, astronaut/engineer.

The problem is that the show has spent so many years just letting Sheldon poo poo all over Howard that as a character, that's his role. The one that gets poo poo on. I don't recall at any point Howard saying "well at least I'm making 10x more money than you douchebags".

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Binary Logic posted:

Yeah I thought this thread would blow up!

No-one gives a gently caress about the characters anymore.

The only way this thread would blow up is if Sheldon did what we're all expecting him to do and kill all of his "friends" in a rage over some trivial thing.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Solice Kirsk posted:

I gave up on this show early this season, and my brother in law told me "something huge" happened this episode. If it was just Amy dumping Sheldon then I guess who cares. So nothing else significant happened? Besides the eloping thing?

The only thing that as shocking was the missing laugh track on the final joke.

• Locked thread