Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gosh I hope they have jokes about comics, or Star Wars, or Star Trek this season!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

TV ones, even. Karen Gillan's character on Selfie is a pharmaceutical sales rep.

Counter - point, Gus was one on Psyche. And that dude solved murders.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

sbaldrick posted:

Hasn't there been a lot of ink spilled about how Sheldon is one of the best representation s of a functioning autistic person on TV.

I thought the writers keep saying he's not supposed to be autistic.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

This might be because of the HUUUUUGE autism lobby and their ability to write angry letters at the drop of a hat (think Jenny Mcarthy). The writers probably just say this to avoid ruffling any feathers.

Sheldon is clearly a high functioning autistic, and without a doubt the most accurate depiction of one I've ever seen on TV.

Wow, if thats what autistic people are like in real life I'm glad I don't have interactions with many. I'm a pretty laid back guy, now, but I would deck someone that randomly spoke to me like that.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gotta say, I thought watching a man mentally batter his girlfriend and friends would get old after so many seasons. Its still just as fun and awesome though! For the life of me I don't know why Leonard didn't bring up their sexless emotionally stagnant relationship...then I remembered that the Sheldon character is supposed to be the good guy in this and therefore can never be called on his absolute bullshit or bullying. I hate Sheldon. I hate this show. And I hate to say it, but if this really is what autistic people are like this show is doing them no favors at all. gently caress this. I'm cashing out. They had very little to say to begin with and they have even less to say now. See you all in 6 years when this poo poo show finally sputters out and dies and I come back just to watch the finale.

Peace thread!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Big Bang Theory is like a nerd minstrel show.

remember the pages of bickering this comment caused the last time?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Irish Joe posted:

What's left on the checklist of hobbies for autistic weirdos?

[x] Trains
[x] Flags
[ ] Lego

[ ] Posting in TVIV

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Or ask his mother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Edly posted:

What an ironic twist, if she had just held out for 5 more years she might have gotten her physical and emotional needs met. Amy you hosed up girl!!

I gave up on this show early this season, and my brother in law told me "something huge" happened this episode. If it was just Amy dumping Sheldon then I guess who cares. So nothing else significant happened? Besides the eloping thing?

• Locked thread