Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
The Locomotion Interruption

Amy and Leonard take a surprise road trip to Arizona to retrieve Sheldon, while Penny goes on a job interview at Bernadette's company, and Howard has problems wrapping his head around Stuart's relationship with Mrs. Wolowitz.

The Junior Professor Solution

Sheldon is ordered to teach a class, and the gang is surprised when Howard signs up to take it; and tensions between Penny and Bernadette afford Amy an opportunity to play one against the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

PostNouveau posted:

Heyyy, what a terrible new haircut.

Some women can pull off the pixie look and then there's Penny.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

packsmack posted:

Do these new episodes get replayed at all? My family's Directv went out and I can't find a listing for a replay of the new episodes anywhere.

I think they're available on CBS.com the next day.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Binary Logic posted:

The only surprise was finding out that Penny landed the job as a pharma rep, which is kinda hard to believe since she has no training, no background, no contacts and no experience relating to that field at all.

She got the job because the HR guy is afraid of Bernadette and he didn't want to piss her off.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
The First Pitch Insufficiency

A nervous Wolowitz is thrown for a loop when NASA asks him to toss out the first pitch at a Los Angeles Angels baseball game. Meanwhile, Sheldon brags that he and Amy are a better couple than Leonard and Penny, so they set out to prove he's way off base.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Binary Logic posted:

Oh, I guess I thought that since she got a big salary and signing bonus. Guess I was wrong. But she's helping Penny learn about being a sales rep now, even though she's a pharma lab geek and not in sales. :confused:

Bernadette probably knows a lot about all the drugs her company manufacturers?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
I really hope the writers have a game plan in place since this show will go to ten seasons.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Mistaken Frisbee posted:

I think they're dragging it out because, like HIMYM with seeing the mother, a lot of people are watching to discover how it will play out when it finally does happen and might have less interest afterward.

When/if they finally do it, it has to be in some strange location or under some weird circumstance.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

Meaning drunk?

Sure, why not?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
I predict Raj's girlfriend is not long for this world.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
The Focus Attenuation

After the guys leave for a physicist's retreat, the girls decide to head to Las Vegas for the weekend.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
The Expedition Approximation

Sheldon and Raj undertake an underground research expedition that turns into a test of how long before they get under each other's skin. Meanwhile, Leonard and Penny argue about money, and go to Wolowitz and Bernadette for advice.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Fateo McMurray posted:

But really, anyone that buys collectors plates of anything needs to be scolded like a child.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

pentyne posted:

I think the idea is the guys blow tons of money on comics and collectibles. Howard's last "why would you spend this money" was on a 3-D printer, but given that between the 4 of them they pull down close to $400k and none of them have a mortgage, expensive car payments, children etc. I wouldn't be surprised if they do a plot line where it turns out Sheldon has nearly a million just sitting in a checking account and can't understand why he should go through the trouble of investing it.

In the episode where he loaned Penny money to pay her bills, he mentioned he has a small savings account and keeps the balance in a can guarded by coiled snakes and the rest in "the hollowed out buttocks of a superhero action figure" which Leonard later reveals to be Green Lantern.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
The Prom Equivalency

Amy, Bernadette, and Penny decide to re-enact their high school proms with their respective fellows. Raj, Emily, and Stuart are included too.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

PostNouveau posted:

Maybe they're saving it for sweeps.

That would make seasons 9 & 10 kinda empty.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
The Septum Deviation

Leonard needs surgery for a deviated septum, and Sheldon gets his nose out of joint because he feels an operation is too dangerous and that his roommate may not make it out alive. Meanwhile, a distraught Raj learns his parents have divorced on the eve of their 40th anniversary.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
The Champagne Reflection

Sheldon retires his Fun With Flags You Tube series, while Leonard, Howard, and Raj look through the papers of a deceased colleague and Bernadette discovers what her boss really thinks of her.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Rather than resurrect Fun With Flags, they should have given Sheldon a new thing to obsess over.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Well, that takes care of that problem.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Macrame_God posted:

Saw the bit with Howard's mother coming. I knew they were either going to replace her or write her out and the episode felt like they were building up to that.

At least they didn't drag it out.

And now the trainwreck that is The Odd Couple. This show will not make it past its initial order.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Macrame_God posted:

Yeah. If any one thing irks me about this show it's the acting. I know sitcom acting isn't a fine art or anything, but Jesus this is bad.

They could have at least tried a new combination. They've already done two middle-aged men, a cartoon cat and dog, two black men, and two women.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
It was odd seeing the fourth wall in Sheldon's Mars video.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

Personally? I think its way worse. I think she dropped her hotness level by at least 50%, not 25

The pixie look just isn't for her face shape.

First appearance in the show:

Mister Kingdom fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Mar 14, 2015

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Not the most thrilling cliffhanger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Sub Rosa posted:

Leonard and Penny elope to Vegas, Leonard admits barely making out while on that ship, ep ends before they get to Vegas to see if they go through with it.

Amy dumps Sheldon, turns out Shelden had bought an engagement ring

Also, Howard and Bernadette can't force themselves to make Stuart move out. Raj considers dumping Emily because she's too weird (like wanting to have sex in a cemetery).

• Locked thread