Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

Hand of the King posted:

How much more money does Bernadette make than Howard? It doesn't make any sense to me when conditioning their careers.

You are absolutely right. They have not indicated that Bernadette actually has any affiliations with massive pharmaceutical corporations, only that she is a scientist that tests drugs on animals (because that is a job that lends itself to many more zany jokes). As someone who has a family member on the other side of the coin, I can say the scientists make FAR less money that the business distributors. It doesn't matter if you develop the drug, whoever puts their name on it gets the cash.

Astronauts however, I have no clue about. Same goes for the people that develop equipment that goes into space. One thing I can guess is almost certainly correct though is that there are WAY more people that develop drugs than people that develop space toilets and people that go into space. If we're talking supply and demand, and to be fair I'm totally brainless when it comes to economics, I'd say Howard outweighs Bernadette, again, just going from poo poo my uncles have told me. It just that the show has never bothered to explain why or how Bernadette makes so much money nor why or how Howard makes so little. They don't seem to be living a rich luxurious lifestyle, so how are EITHER of them making phat dosh? If they are making less than lucrative wages, why is that?

It literally seems that the writers don't care what the explanation is they just say, "oh we have all these jokes about the woman making more money than the man that the public will just eat up like bird seed, no need to explain them the actors can sort that out"

I'm almost offended by them, but I'll end this post by saying that currently the big bang theory has been on my list of shows to stop watching for a while. I can't even explain why I keep watching it so... whatever I really have no excuse, they can do whatever they want, I hope one day I have something better to do with my 20 minutes (and the 10 I just spend posting this) than caring about this dumb show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread