Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Sunday Standings*

National Broadcasts This WeekAll times Eastern. Subject to change and local market.
  • Sun, Sep 21 - 1:40 pm - Chicago White Sox at Tampa Bay Rays - WGN America
  • Sun, Sep 21 - 2:10 pm - Detroit Tigers at Kansas City Royals - TBS
  • Sun, Sep 21 - 8:05 pm - Cincinnati Reds at St. Louis Cardinals - ESPN
    -
  • Mon, Sep 22 - 7:05 pm - Kansas City Royals at Cleveland Indians - MLBN
  • Mon, Sep 22 - 7:10 pm - Pittsburgh Pirates at Atlanta Braves - MLBN
  • Mon, Sep 22 - 8:05 pm - St. Louis Cardinals at Chicago Cubs - WGN America
  • Mon, Sep 22 - 10:10 pm - Colorado Rockies at San Diego Padres - MLBN
  • Mon, Sep 22 - 10:10 pm - San Francisco Giants at Los Angeles Dodgers - MLBN
    -
  • Tue, Sep 23 - 7:05 pm - Baltimore Orioles at New York Yankees - ESPN
  • Tue, Sep 23 - 10:10 pm - San Francisco Giants at Los Angeles Dodgers - ESPN
    -
  • Wed, Sep 24 - 7:10 pm - Kansas City Royals at Cleveland Indians - ESPN
  • Wed, Sep 24 - 10:10 pm - San Francisco Giants at Los Angeles Dodgers - ESPN
    -
  • Thu, Sep 25 - 7:05 pm - Baltimore Orioles at New York Yankees - MLBN
  • Thu, Sep 25 - 7:08 pm - Minnesota Twins at Detroit Tigers - MLBN
    -
    No broadcasts scheduled Friday, Sep 26
    -
  • Sat, Sep 27 - 1:05 pm - New York Yankees at Boston Red Sox - FOX
  • Sat, Sep 27 - 1:05 pm - Pittsburgh Pirates at Cincinnati Reds - FS1
  • Sat, Sep 27 - 7:05 pm - Chicago Cubs at Milwaukee Brewers - WGN America
    -
  • Sun, Sep 28 - 1:35 pm - New York Yankees at Boston Red Sox - TBS
  • Sun, Sep 28 - 2:10 pm - Chicago Cubs at Milwaukee Brewers - WGN America
* Sunday, September 21

Tedd_Not_Ed fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Sep 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.

National Broadcasts TodayAll times Eastern. Subject to change and local market.
  • 1:40 pm - Chicago White Sox at Tampa Bay Rays - WGN America
  • 2:10 pm - Detroit Tigers at Kansas City Royals - TBS
  • 8:05 pm - Cincinnati Reds at St. Louis Cardinals - ESPN

Today in Baseball History
  • 1922 - The Americna League reinstates the Most Valuable Player award, last given in 1914, appointing a committee of one writer from each city. The trophy goes to George Sisler. The National League will pick up the idea two years later.
  • 1957 - Gail Harris is the last player to hit a home run as a New York Giant in a 9-5 win over the Pirates in the second game of a doubleheader. Ruben Gomez gains the last victory for the New York Giants.
  • 1982 - Playing against the Royals at Anaheim Stadium, outfielders Fred Lynn and Brian Downing crash through the left field fence while trying to catch a fly ball. Lynn makes the catch and it is ruled an out, the umpires reasoning that it is the same as if he had tumbled into the seats.
  • 1997 - Mike Piazza becomes the first Dodger, and the first player in 25 years, to hit a ball out of Dodger Stadium. Piazza's 478-foot drive off Colorado's Frank Castillo bounces off the left field pavilion roof. Pittsburgh's Willie Stargell was the only other player to hit a ball out of the stadium (in right field), accomplishing the feat in both 1969 and 1973.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

I am praying for death. Go Blue Jays.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Go Giants
Go Cubs
Go Masahiro Tanaka's elbow not snapping in two on the mound

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
deGrom's going for the K record again.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Tanaka looks pretty good for missing a couple months. Still making hitters look silly with the splitter.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
It just dawned on me that there's still a good chance that this could be the last time Russell Martin plays a game in Pittsburgh.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
I'm looking forward to another sac-fly loss.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

It just dawned on me that there's still a good chance that this could be the last time Russell Martin plays a game in Pittsburgh.

oh he will probably come back playing for the team that overpays him

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
:russbus:
Please stay.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

clunk

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
I would not however be too sad if this was the last game Ike Davis ever plays in Pittsburgh.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

haha the crowd would've lynched that ump if he called that check swing strike 3 on jeter

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
:siren:The Rafael Soriano Experience:siren:

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
So I see it's Vance loving Worley that finally uses the pillow to smother us.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Aoki saves the inning from Royaling in on itself.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Hold on to your butts :ohdear:

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Rangers sure like beaning Mike Trout

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
The gently caress just happened?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

The gently caress just happened?
It's weird being on the other side of dumb baserunning

E: Wow that was the first time I saw someone I knew catch a foul ball on TV

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 21, 2014

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

bad time for a brain cramp, gomez

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Would be pretty cool if the Giants got swept by the Padres, make it happen

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Wooo gently caress you Ryan Braun!!!

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
RAISE IT, MOTHERFUCKERS :yarr:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meGgSOl8470

theacox posted:

So I see it's Vance loving Worley that finally uses the pillow to smother us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-atC5XLHlg

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Corey Kluber: 13 Ks through 6.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
My neighbor's kid just knocked on our door. We opened it, said hello, and he offered us tickets to tonight's Cardinals game.

So... I'm going to tonight's Cardinals game!

I have great neighbors, even if one of them is a Cubs fan. (And it was his kid who gave us the tickets!)

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
The Giants are a house of cards built on Angel Pagan's back.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

drat it, Angels

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Way to not get swept Royals. Good job.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Ammat The Ankh posted:

The Giants are a house of cards built on Angel Pagan's back.

The Giants playoff hopes were hinged on Michael Morse playing left field all season, Angel Pagan playing center all season, Buster Posey having an MVP season, Hunter Pence having an MVP season, Brandon Crawford hitting righties, Joaquin Arias hitting lefties, Pablo Sandoval having his 2008 season again, Brandon Belt hitting over .360 in doubles and home ruins forever, Marco Scutaro, Ryan Vogelsong, and Tim Hudson defying the aging process, Tim Lincecum and Matt Cain returning to pre-2012 form, and that someone could pitch the ninth inning of a baseball game.

And somehow, their plan didn't work. :shrug:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

alexi amarista is kind of pissing me off today tbh

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

that's the way

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

New Concept Hole posted:

The Giants playoff hopes were hinged on Michael Morse playing left field all season, Angel Pagan playing center all season, Buster Posey having an MVP season, Hunter Pence having an MVP season, Brandon Crawford hitting righties, Joaquin Arias hitting lefties, Pablo Sandoval having his 2008 season again, Brandon Belt hitting over .360 in doubles and home ruins forever, Marco Scutaro, Ryan Vogelsong, and Tim Hudson defying the aging process, Tim Lincecum and Matt Cain returning to pre-2012 form, and that someone could pitch the ninth inning of a baseball game.

And somehow, their plan didn't work. :shrug:

hahaha the Giants fans on this board crack me up sometimes

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

The Pussy Boss posted:

alexi amarista is kind of pissing me off today tbh

this.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Vogelsong's actually probably been the Giant's most consistent starter since before the All-Star break (unless you count Coors Field but you really shouldn't).

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

drat it Rangers, lose

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Something special happened

The Giants scored a run.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Feliz looked pretty good, hope he keeps that up next year

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
How on Earth did the A's not win that inning? This series really is each team trying to out suck each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

The Phillies want to punish me for taking them as an underdog bet.

e: yyyyyyyyyyyyyep

Stiev Awt fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Sep 22, 2014

• Locked thread