Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Craptacular! posted:

I've seen this guy (I think) once. I take it he has a tendency to blow up leads? How bad is it, on the Steve Edlefsen scale?

He's been fine so far, assuming no one can turn on 99.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Let's Go Giants chant at Chavez Ravine :getin:

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
how the hell does dee gordon only have a .329 OBP?

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.
Welcome to the save column Hunter. I think this the start of something beautiful.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
IT'S loving OVER

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Huzzah

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
99 paint is p. hosed up if you think about it

Akbar posted:

He's a man entirely made out of BABIP.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.

Akbar posted:

Look at Juan Uribe's OBP.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Ambassador of Funk posted:

Look at Juan Uribe's age.

This never gets old.

Well, that's not quite accurate. :v:

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
I hope the dodgers can't sleep after this loss tonight and then play like poo poo tomorrow and can't sleep again and then all live their entire lives without being able to sleep ever again

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Akbar posted:

I hope the dodgers can't sleep after this loss tonight and then play like poo poo tomorrow and can't sleep again and then all live their entire lives without being able to sleep ever again

Restless League Syndrome.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.

National Broadcasts TodayAll times Eastern. Subject to change and local market.
  • 7:05 pm - Baltimore Orioles at New York Yankees - ESPN
  • 10:10 pm - San Francisco Giants at Los Angeles Dodgers - ESPN

Today in Baseball History
  • 1908 - Fred Merkle of the New York Giants failed to touch second base as the apparent winning run crossed home plate in a crucial game with the Chicago Cubs. The ensuing dispute resulted in the game being declared a tie and played over on Oct. 8 when the Cubs and Giants ended the season in a tie.
  • 1952 - The Brooklyn Dodgers clinched the National League pennant, the first time since 1948 that the pennant wasn't decided in the season's final game.
  • 1962 - A 12-2 Dodgers' loss at St. Louis is enlivened by Maury Wills, who ties Ty Cobb's long-standing Major League single-season record of 96 steals by swiping second base after singling in the third, and breaks it with a repeat performance in the seventh.
  • 1983 - Steve Carlton of Philadelphia posted his 300th career victory with a 6-2 win over the St. Louis Cardinals at Busch Stadium.
  • 1984 - The Detroit Tigers beat the New York Yankees 4-1, making Sparky Anderson the first manager ever to win more than 100 games in each league.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Maybe the O's can not get shut out to one hit by a team we have a 13 1/2 game lead on this time. Christ, that was embarrassing.

Artix fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 23, 2014

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

1962 - A 12-2 Dodgers' loss at St. Louis is enlivened by Maury Wills, who ties Ty Cobb's long-standing Major League single-season record of 96 steals by swiping second base after singling in the third, and breaks it with a repeat performance in the seventh.

Nobody respects Billy Hamilton. The original, not the current, cheap imitation.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Tigers' magic number: 6
Upcoming consecutive losses: 6

somethingblue
Sep 25, 2005

well with the powerhouse opponents the Tigers have to close the season out it's understandable

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Russ Martin keeping the braves from a big inning there.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Pirates pitching has chosen the worst possible time to start sucking.
E:Oh sweet Jesus.

Tedd_Not_Ed fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Sep 24, 2014

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

FairGame posted:

the braves

FairGame posted:

big inning

lol

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Stop loving us over Braves, your season is over drat it! :argh:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
I have no idea what just happened but I love it.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Travis Snider :woop:

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Cleveland's season dies tonight.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress yes, Royals!

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Pompey dinger off Felix :smug:

Lord Seo
Aug 7, 2011

I should have learned Kung-fu instead of ethics.
Looks like the Mariners aren't that interested in the Wildcard after all. Felix is getting trashed right now.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Let's Go the Buccos, Cubs, Royals, ChiSox, and Dodgers.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
So King Felix is getting shelled, tanking the M's playoff hopes.

Who didn't see this coming?

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
I'm stuck in an airport :( Is Span out of the Nats game for anything bad?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Lord Seo posted:

Looks like the Mariners aren't that interested in the Wildcard after all. Felix is getting trashed right now.

Which performance is flukier this year, the Ms or Royals? It's becoming implausible for them to both sneak into the playoffs (c'mon Tigers collapse) so I'd hope that whichever one falls short has a good chance of sustaining competitive performance into 2015.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Lord Seo posted:

If the Blue Jays can't have the Wild Card than no one can :twisted:

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Pompey reaches base twice in one inning against King Felix. Has that ever happened before? He's a drat good pitcher

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Jesus Christ Jays. Would have been nice to have this in the last series against the Mariners. When you scored 4 runs total.

holylemon
May 24, 2004

Dude, have you ever touched a dolphin?

Fun Shoe
Good grief, Mariners.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
Poor Mariners :(

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Way to jinx the gently caress outta Jeter there, also lol.

somethingblue
Sep 25, 2005

holy christ detroit scored a run!!!!!!

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

The Nards Pan posted:

Poor Mariners :(

It just keeps getting worse too. Blah.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

shelby has 7 ks after 3 but gave a homer and the cards arent hitting again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Scob posted:

shelby has 7 ks after 3 but gave a homer and the cards arent hitting again

He's given up 3 runs now. If we lose, he'll get the blame... but you don't win many games scoring zero runs.

The Cardinals are adamantly refusing to make this easy.

• Locked thread