Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Sunday Standings*

National Broadcasts This WeekAll times Eastern. Subject to change and local market.
  • Sun, Sep 21 - 1:40 pm - Chicago White Sox at Tampa Bay Rays - WGN America
  • Sun, Sep 21 - 2:10 pm - Detroit Tigers at Kansas City Royals - TBS
  • Sun, Sep 21 - 8:05 pm - Cincinnati Reds at St. Louis Cardinals - ESPN
    -
  • Mon, Sep 22 - 7:05 pm - Kansas City Royals at Cleveland Indians - MLBN
  • Mon, Sep 22 - 7:10 pm - Pittsburgh Pirates at Atlanta Braves - MLBN
  • Mon, Sep 22 - 8:05 pm - St. Louis Cardinals at Chicago Cubs - WGN America
  • Mon, Sep 22 - 10:10 pm - Colorado Rockies at San Diego Padres - MLBN
  • Mon, Sep 22 - 10:10 pm - San Francisco Giants at Los Angeles Dodgers - MLBN
    -
  • Tue, Sep 23 - 7:05 pm - Baltimore Orioles at New York Yankees - ESPN
  • Tue, Sep 23 - 10:10 pm - San Francisco Giants at Los Angeles Dodgers - ESPN
    -
  • Wed, Sep 24 - 7:10 pm - Kansas City Royals at Cleveland Indians - ESPN
  • Wed, Sep 24 - 10:10 pm - San Francisco Giants at Los Angeles Dodgers - ESPN
    -
  • Thu, Sep 25 - 7:05 pm - Baltimore Orioles at New York Yankees - MLBN
  • Thu, Sep 25 - 7:08 pm - Minnesota Twins at Detroit Tigers - MLBN
    -
    No broadcasts scheduled Friday, Sep 26
    -
  • Sat, Sep 27 - 1:05 pm - New York Yankees at Boston Red Sox - FOX
  • Sat, Sep 27 - 1:05 pm - Pittsburgh Pirates at Cincinnati Reds - FS1
  • Sat, Sep 27 - 7:05 pm - Chicago Cubs at Milwaukee Brewers - WGN America
    -
  • Sun, Sep 28 - 1:35 pm - New York Yankees at Boston Red Sox - TBS
  • Sun, Sep 28 - 2:10 pm - Chicago Cubs at Milwaukee Brewers - WGN America
* Sunday, September 21

Tedd_Not_Ed fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Sep 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.

National Broadcasts TodayAll times Eastern. Subject to change and local market.
  • 1:40 pm - Chicago White Sox at Tampa Bay Rays - WGN America
  • 2:10 pm - Detroit Tigers at Kansas City Royals - TBS
  • 8:05 pm - Cincinnati Reds at St. Louis Cardinals - ESPN

Today in Baseball History
  • 1922 - The Americna League reinstates the Most Valuable Player award, last given in 1914, appointing a committee of one writer from each city. The trophy goes to George Sisler. The National League will pick up the idea two years later.
  • 1957 - Gail Harris is the last player to hit a home run as a New York Giant in a 9-5 win over the Pirates in the second game of a doubleheader. Ruben Gomez gains the last victory for the New York Giants.
  • 1982 - Playing against the Royals at Anaheim Stadium, outfielders Fred Lynn and Brian Downing crash through the left field fence while trying to catch a fly ball. Lynn makes the catch and it is ruled an out, the umpires reasoning that it is the same as if he had tumbled into the seats.
  • 1997 - Mike Piazza becomes the first Dodger, and the first player in 25 years, to hit a ball out of Dodger Stadium. Piazza's 478-foot drive off Colorado's Frank Castillo bounces off the left field pavilion roof. Pittsburgh's Willie Stargell was the only other player to hit a ball out of the stadium (in right field), accomplishing the feat in both 1969 and 1973.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
It just dawned on me that there's still a good chance that this could be the last time Russell Martin plays a game in Pittsburgh.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
I'm looking forward to another sac-fly loss.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
:russbus:
Please stay.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
I would not however be too sad if this was the last game Ike Davis ever plays in Pittsburgh.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Hold on to your butts :ohdear:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
The gently caress just happened?

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
RAISE IT, MOTHERFUCKERS :yarr:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meGgSOl8470

theacox posted:

So I see it's Vance loving Worley that finally uses the pillow to smother us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-atC5XLHlg

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Ah, it's a good day :cool:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
It keeps happening.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

National Broadcasts This WeekAll times Eastern. Subject to change and local market.
  • 7:05 pm - Kansas City Royals at Cleveland Indians - MLBN
  • 7:10 pm - Pittsburgh Pirates at Atlanta Braves - MLBN
  • 8:05 pm - St. Louis Cardinals at Chicago Cubs - WGN America
  • 10:10 pm - Colorado Rockies at San Diego Padres - MLBN
  • 10:10 pm - San Francisco Giants at Los Angeles Dodgers - MLBN

• 1911 - Cy Young, forty-four, beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 1-0 for his 511th and final Major League victory.
  • 1920 - A Chicago grand jury convenes to investigate charges that eight White Sox players conspired to fix the 1919 World Series.
  • 1953 - The Dodgers tie the record for the most wins in a home park, beating Pittsburgh 5-4. They go an incredible 60-17 at Ebbets Field, tying the record of the St. Louis Cardinals in 1942. Only the 61 wins of the San Francisco Giants in 1962 in an 81-game home season will surpass the mark.
  • 1968 - Cesar Tovar played one inning at each position for the Minnesota Twins, becoming only the second Major Leaguer in history to do it. Bert Campaneris of the Oakland A's was the other.
  • 1986 - Fernando Valenzuela of Los Angeles became the first Mexican to win 20 games, beating the Houston Astros 9-2 while allowing just two hits.
  • 1993 - The Colorado Rockies played their final game of their first season and finished with a Major League home attendance record. The Rockies played before 4,483,350.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Whoever's doing the camera work at Turner Field needs to pay more attention, I think that's the third time tonight that I've been looking a pop fly thinking it was a hit because the cameraguy was focusing on the space in between the outfielders.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
I'm really gonna miss Russ throwing out runners at second.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Andrew Futchen' McCutchen :woop:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Look Around You posted:

That was certainly... a rendition... of God Bless America.

:stare: I'll say.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Raise it :yarr:

ALFbrot posted:

also go cubs
Yeaah, about that. :stonk:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Come on, Dodgers and/or Giants, I have other things to do tonight.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

InnercityGriot posted:

Dodgers garbage rear end bullpen versus the Giants lineup of dudes nobody gives a gently caress about except Buster Posey and Hunter Pence, WHO WILL PREVAIL IN THIS EPIC STRUGGLE?

Certainly not Time Warner Cable.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Jesus Christ we're gonna be here forever aren't we?

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

New Concept Hole posted:

Oh hey a hit, too bad Perez is next.
You were saying? :geno:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Ambassador of Funk posted:

This game is never gonna end.

MLB 12/25 GDT - Still tied at 2

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
I took my pills thinking that this game would soon be over. That was nearly 2 hours ago.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Yawn, oh huh Correia blew it, who'd of thunk. :geno:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Goddammit, the Cubs and the Dodgers.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

• 7:05 pm - Baltimore Orioles at New York Yankees - ESPN
  • 10:10 pm - San Francisco Giants at Los Angeles Dodgers - ESPN

• 1908 - Fred Merkle of the New York Giants failed to touch second base as the apparent winning run crossed home plate in a crucial game with the Chicago Cubs. The ensuing dispute resulted in the game being declared a tie and played over on Oct. 8 when the Cubs and Giants ended the season in a tie.
  • 1952 - The Brooklyn Dodgers clinched the National League pennant, the first time since 1948 that the pennant wasn't decided in the season's final game.
  • 1962 - A 12-2 Dodgers' loss at St. Louis is enlivened by Maury Wills, who ties Ty Cobb's long-standing Major League single-season record of 96 steals by swiping second base after singling in the third, and breaks it with a repeat performance in the seventh.
  • 1983 - Steve Carlton of Philadelphia posted his 300th career victory with a 6-2 win over the St. Louis Cardinals at Busch Stadium.
  • 1984 - The Detroit Tigers beat the New York Yankees 4-1, making Sparky Anderson the first manager ever to win more than 100 games in each league.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Pirates pitching has chosen the worst possible time to start sucking.
E:Oh sweet Jesus.

Tedd_Not_Ed fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Sep 24, 2014

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
I have no idea what just happened but I love it.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Travis Snider :woop:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Lord Seo posted:

Looks like the Mariners aren't that interested in the Wildcard after all. Felix is getting trashed right now.

If the Blue Jays can't have the Wild Card than no one can :twisted:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Hello, Buctober. :pirate:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Pirates clinch in Atlanta. Somewhere Mike Lavalliere is smiling.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Keep doing that, Dodgers.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Deteriorata posted:

Winning pitcher: Joe Nathan

:smug:

Ok now I am starting to believe we're in the bizarro universe.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

• 7:10 pm - Kansas City Royals at Cleveland Indians - ESPN
  • 10:10 pm - San Francisco Giants at Los Angeles Dodgers - ESPN

• 1916 - Marty Kavanagh, Indians utility man, hits the American League's first pinch-hit grand slam for Cleveland in a 5-3 win over the Red Sox. The ball rolls through a hole in the fence and cannot be retrieved in time for a play at the plate.
  • 1946 - Disappointing on the field, the Yankees nevertheless finish their home season with an attendance of 2,265,512. The best previous draw was the 1929 Cubs at 1,485,166. Total Major League attendance was 18.5 million, 75 percent more than 1945.
  • 1957 - In the last game at Ebbets Field, 6,702 fans watch Dodgers lefty Danny McDevitt prevail over the Pirates 2-0. Gil Hodges has the last RBI.
  • 1985 - Expos outfielder Andre Dawson slugs three home runs, including a pair of three-run shots in a 12-run fifth inning, to lead Montreal to a wild 17-15 win over the Cubs at Wrigley Field. Dawson joins Willie McCovey as the only players to hit two home runs in one inning on two different occasions.
  • 1992 - Toronto's Dave Winfield becomes the oldest player in Major League history to reach the 100-RBI plateau. The 40-year-old does the trick in his 2,700th career game.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Jose Oquendo posted:

gently caress gently caress poo poo Russ just got pulled.

Pirates playing how you would expect drunken sailors to.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

FairGame posted:

Hey, the pirates lost a loving game!

Of course, the cards are losing too so the central continues to confound.

We're drunk, what's your excuse?

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

achillesforever6 posted:

Man I really wish Jeff Locke wasn't bad tonight and we had won.

Hopefully the Bucs will be sober enough to win this series and the next one in Cincy, and while we're at it, let's hope the Cardinals somehow lose to the Diamondbacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

• 7:05 pm - Baltimore Orioles at New York Yankees - MLBN
  • 7:08 pm - Minnesota Twins at Detroit Tigers - MLBN

• 1932 - Jimmie Foxx hits his 58th home run in the last game of the season to finish just shy of Ruth's 1927 record of 60.
  • 1955 - Detroit outfielder Al Kaline becomes the youngest batting champ in history, as he takes the American League crown at age twenty.
  • 1961 - Roger Maris tied Babe Ruth's 34-year-old record with his 60th homer, off Baltimore's Jack Fisher.
  • 1965 - Another Kansas City publicity stunt makes the great Satchel Paige baseball's oldest performer. At ffity-nine, Paige hurls the first three innings, garners one strikeout, and allows just one hit, to Carl Yastrzemski, in his first Major League appearance since 1953. The Red Sox jump on reliever Don Mossi for a 5-2 win.
  • 1981 - Nolan Ryan of the Houston Astros became the first player to pitch five no-hitters, hurling a 5-0 victory over Los Angeles at the Astrodome.
  • 1993 - Randy Johnson of the Seattle Mariners became the eighth pitcher to strike out 300 batters in a season with 13 strikeouts in ten innings of a 3-2, twelve-inning loss to Oakland.

• Locked thread