Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
Just moved from Florida, the economy is better here and there is no sales tax but gently caress (heh, butt gently caress) there are a lot of bums. Working a great job and all but sick of staying in extended stay because finding a house to rent when you have pets is a pain in the rear end. For those that have lived here for a while, why so many hobos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birds
Jun 28, 2008

congrats on living in not florida

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

You should be ecstatic moving from FL to OR.

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
you must be hobo. i know several people who are there to be hobo

its gotta be full hobo

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

jarvis cocker posted:

you must be hobo. i know several people who are there to be hobo

its gotta be full hobo

No hobo

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax

it'll be hobo eventually wether u like it or not

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Throwdown posted:

For those that have lived here for a while, why so many hobos?

Because you can't hunt them for sport unlike in the east coast.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

etalian posted:

Because you can't hunt them for sport unlike in the east coast.

I remember when St Pete Florida outlawed pan handling, it was like a mass exodus of bums to Tampa. To counter act Tampa put in a law saying pan handlers needed to wear reflective safety vests, then construction sights were getting ripped off left and right, was pretty loving rad and I had a laugh.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Another good thing about moving to Oregon is not having to worry about pumping your gas.

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
just embrace your future as a hobo

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

dundun
Oct 29, 2005
H E R B

Throwdown posted:

I remember when St Pete Florida outlawed pan handling, it was like a mass exodus of bums to Tampa. To counter act Tampa put in a law saying pan handlers needed to wear reflective safety vests, then construction sights were getting ripped off left and right, was pretty loving rad and I had a laugh.

What year did that happen? I was in St. Pete in 2010 and there were a shitload of pan handlers. Alot of them seemed more like lazy 20 something hippie types though than drug addicted 50 year olds like they got up here in NY.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Homelessness in Oregon is s lifestyle choice.
When you walk past be sure to look straight and pretend they don't exist, it makes them angry lol

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Welcome to Portland!

Stay out of NW.

I dont wanna see gross loving goons.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

psyopmonkey posted:

Welcome to Portland!

Stay out of NW.

I dont wanna see gross loving goons.
yo gently caress the alphabet district

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

paranoid randroid posted:

yo gently caress the alphabet district

Bitch you trippin'

James Polk
Jun 18, 2010

I was born in a farmhouse in Pineville, North Carolina
nuke oregon

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

psyopmonkey posted:

Bitch you trippin'

only bartini will be spared, come the reckoning

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

only bartini will be spared, come the reckoning

Bartini sucks butts. Its full of broz and basic bitches who are eating before they go get into a fight across the street at Silver Dollar.

If you go outside and talk to you people, youre a loser.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I want to take a vacation to Portland specifically to gently caress with young homeless hippy trash. I want to give like a fiver to an old homeless dude right in front of some young fuckface I told I didn't have any change.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Hobohemian posted:

I want to take a vacation to Portland specifically to gently caress with young homeless hippy trash. I want to give like a fiver to an old homeless dude right in front of some young fuckface I told I didn't have any change to.

no

care

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
thats why you only go to bartini for happy hour, numbnuts. who gives a gently caress about bros when theres 3 dollar martinis.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

If you give one of them cash they shoot a pheromone all over you that triggers the hobos near you to swarm and panhandle

No matter how far you run, they will know

naem
May 29, 2011

I've driven through Portland once and it looked exactly like Cleveland Ohio

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Throwdown posted:

Just moved from Florida, the economy is better here and there is no sales tax but gently caress (heh, butt gently caress) there are a lot of bums. Working a great job and all but sick of staying in extended stay because finding a house to rent when you have pets is a pain in the rear end. For those that have lived here for a while, why so many hobos?

haha no it's basically impossible unless you want to live in oregon city (lol)

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

question for oregoons how can you live with the knowledge there is seriously a vegan strip club for hipsters in your state

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

thats why you only go to bartini for happy hour, numnuts. who gives a gently caress about bros when theres 3 dollar martinis.

There is another bar around the corner that im a tad bit more comfortable in.

Social anxiety is a hell of a thing.

Hey OP, what kinda pets do you have?

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

naem posted:

This is a very nice post.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Excelzior posted:

question for oregoons how can you live with the knowledge there is seriously a vegan strip club for hipsters in your state

well its been a couple years since i lived there but uhhhh by not giving a gently caress??

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Excelzior posted:

realtalk we keep it around to keep people like you out

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Excelzior posted:

Is it vegan in the sense they don't serve meat or in the sense all the strippers are vegan? If it's the second, where do you put the money, doesn't it all just slip out and waft to the ground?

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.

Excelzior posted:

vegans need titties too. we have like 10,000,000 strip clubs, just one dedicated to vegans won't hurt your little pecker, don't worry

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Strip clubs are gross and awful.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
oh man one of the approx. seventeen thousand strip clubs in pdx is a bunch of weird kale chompers. this is hosed...

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

naem posted:

Portland is better since it doesn't have any rape dungeons.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

etalian posted:

Hahh, haha, ok.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

etalian posted:

That's because everything is considered "rape" in Portland, so the descriptive would be redundant. Triggers, triggers everywhere.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Only positive thing Portland has is that you can daytrip to the Tillamook plant and get cheese curds

Also, there's a Penzey's in the Pearl

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.

Dely Apple posted:

you can daytrip to the Tillamook plant and get cheese curds

this

naem
May 29, 2011

It felt a lot like any sleepy medium sized city anywhere except California money discovered it and decided to be suburban only ironically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

naem posted:

It felt a lot like any sleepy medium sized city anywhere except California money discovered it and decided to be suburban only ironically

its more like a medium sized incredibly sketchy meth neighborhood that california money discovered

• Locked thread