Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I have also lived in Florida. I'd be scared of going that far north. I could probably handle snow on a ski course but thats about as far as im willing to take it. how do you plan to cope?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

Nathilus posted:

I have also lived in Florida. I'd be scared of going that far north. I could probably handle snow on a ski course but thats about as far as im willing to take it. how do you plan to cope?

I guess I am just going to have to put my big boy pants on and deal with it.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Throwdown posted:

Just moved from Florida, the economy is better here

uhhhhhh

Throwdown posted:

I guess I am just going to have to put my big boy pants on and deal with it.

Nathilus posted:

It doesn't loving snow in Portland you idiot. Maybe 0.5 times per year you will get a couple inches and everyone will freak out but really you should prepare for endless rain and never seeing the sun

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

Money is being dumped into this city left and right and I have been offered more jobs here than Florida has. Yes, the economy is better. I am currently in VC at the moment and oh boy, the liquor taxes are horrid.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

Don't worry OP, the average snow is only a few inches each year, unlike places like New York or Minnesota which get real snow each year.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

it begins

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
seriously tho i live in socal now and am going completely insane without rain.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

seriously tho i live in socal now and am going completely insane without rain.

A friendly reminder that Portland emptied their whole reservoir after some local teens did a pee pee prank.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
mt tabor reservoir is probably full of bird poo poo and whatever so im not entirely clear how a little piss is an emergency

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
because people from Portland are idiots hth

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

lmao if you live in a city so large it relies on the kindness of the public to protect the water supplies.

Sounds like a utopia

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

paranoid randroid posted:

mt tabor reservoir is probably full of bird poo poo and whatever so im not entirely clear how a little piss is an emergency

Gotta teach them teenagers a lesson!

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!

Kommienzuspadt posted:

uhhhhhh

It doesn't loving snow in Portland you idiot. Maybe 0.5 times per year you will get a couple inches and everyone will freak out but really you should prepare for endless rain and never seeing the sun
sup

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's a vibrant urban area:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNees13fiIQ

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Irradiation posted:

because people from Portland are crazed about water because of NWO shills filling their water with flouride hth

Dely Apple fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Sep 22, 2014

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Bullshit on you having a great job

are they hiring?

Telesphorus
Oct 28, 2013
soon Portland will become a gentrified tech wasteland like San Francisco (if not already)

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
37 year Portland native checking in. Y'all got poo poo opinions about this town an seem very transplanty. Please move away. Tia.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
If I hear one more white person who just moved to Portland talk about gentrification being a big problem here, well.. I'm gonna have heard it too many times.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Musket posted:

37 year Portland native checking in. Y'all got poo poo opinions about this town an seem very transplanty. Please move away. Tia.

no u

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

echronorian posted:

If I hear one more white person who just moved to Portland talk about gentrification being a big problem here, well.. I'm gonna have heard it too many times.

welcome to every west coast city. though its doubley lol since portland was already gentrified and concentrated whiteness since its inception

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's pretty much what you can expect from a state with only 4 million people and has a provincial rural mindset more than anything.

And you can't pump your own gas

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Xaris posted:

welcome to every west coast city

Believe it or not I heard it in Minneapolis this summer as well

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
white kids moving back into cities where their (great)grandparents were from before their mom/dad moved out the suburb is gentrification and needs to be stopped at all costs!!

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

are girls hot in portland

that's the only reason i'd move there

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Hey. Hey you. Minority. Don't you just looooove hearing my opinions on race? Am I blowing your mind right now, that I think about/for you? Ha ha. See? I'm not like other whites. I include you in our conversation. I mean, I can't talk to you without getting uncomfortable, careening the conversation back to some poo poo I heard on NPR, hanging on your every word like I'm about to diarrhea with excitement. It's different when I do it.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

enraged_camel posted:

ehhhhhh. are kinda weird and ~quirky~ liberal artsy slutty girls your thing?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Xaris posted:

ehhhhhh. are kinda weird and ~quirky~ liberal artsy slutty girls your thing?

i like slutty

but i prefer my girls fully shaved down there so maybe not?

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

No unicycling bagpiper no care

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

enraged_camel posted:

i like slutty

but i prefer my girls fully shaved down there so maybe not?

there's a birds nest down there so yea

Xaris fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 22, 2014

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Xaris posted:

there's a birds nest down there so yea

so which city/state has the best girls then

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

early/mid 20s, athletic, horny

those are my requirements

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

enraged_camel posted:

santa barbara is cool if you're early/mid 20s but i think it;d be weird to live there after 25. oakland has a lot of hot single chicks b/c they've been all priced out of SF

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

enraged_camel posted:

early/mid 20s, athletic, horny

those are my requirements

Welcome to San Diego my friend. We don't really care where you're from around here because gosh darnit, there is more than enough awesome to go around and the sun is almost always shining. Seriously, almost always. It's becoming a problem. We might have to start stealing more water from Arizona.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
yea san diegos a good choice too. it's actually a p cool city.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

enraged_camel posted:

Hi.

Kinda.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

nice, i actually live in long beach CA so i might move down there

long beach sucks btw, literally the armpit of LA. don't move here. if you drive through, make sure you go at like 120 mph.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

long beach sucks btw, literally the armpit of LA. don't move here. if you drive through, make sure you go at like 120 mph.

long beach is basically a polluted hellhole

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

enraged_camel posted:

cant you only drive through it at 12mph max even if you wanted to go faster? socal traffic and geography confuses me so im not sure where the hideous 11pm 12 lanes of traffic starts and ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I liked it when I visited for an interview and the company had me stay an extra day to "look around". loving love cool summers and mild winters, but sadly didn't get the job, so welp.

• Locked thread