Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

At their PAX panel Gearbox said that they convinced 2K to let the season pass include everything but they have said many things in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
So do we know if this will have a preload and/or midnight launch?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
We do not know either of those things.

But probably.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Don't most games on Steam pre-load?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Not even slightly. You might say most AAA games have a preload, but that'd still be touch and go. BL2 did though, so it's not unlikely this will.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The developer has to set whether or not they want the game to be preload-able.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I just got an email from Gearbox with some Shift codes for the pre sequel, so that will be a returning feature. It doesn't mention golden keys or anything at all about what they give though, so not sure if there will be a golden chest equivalent (probably)

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

AirRaid posted:

I just got an email from Gearbox with some Shift codes for the pre sequel, so that will be a returning feature. It doesn't mention golden keys or anything at all about what they give though, so not sure if there will be a golden chest equivalent (probably)

Wait why did you get an email? What's so special about you?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Wait why did you get an email? What's so special about you?

I got an email too, which reminded me of the 20% off coupon on GMG, but looks like it ended recently :qq:, no pre-sequel for me for now then.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I got the email too. It may not be given key in the shift code, but they are certainly making a return. You can see the golden key symbol during the Hammerlock/Torgue trailer when they talk about returning features.

kruna
Jun 6, 2006
I missed the rapture.
So it's going to be $60 for the game and $30 for the Season Pass?

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
I feel like I might be halluncinating but I could've sworn I preordered it onsale on steam for 50.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

AirRaid posted:

The Golden Chest has already been confirmed to make a return. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uP5aZwxpXE

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Moxxie weapons confirmed. Well poo poo.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

watho posted:

Moxxie weapons confirmed. Well poo poo.

Hopefully there won't be any Grog Nozzles and Rubis this time around, and they'd just stay around the more reasonable 2-3% lifegain range. At least there's no Gunzerking absurdity, since all the dualwield abilities seem to clone guns.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Attestant posted:

Hopefully there won't be any Grog Nozzles and Rubis this time around, and they'd just stay around the more reasonable 2-3% lifegain range. At least there's no Gunzerking absurdity, since all the dualwield abilities seem to clone guns.

I'm sure they'll find a new and exciting way to gently caress up balance.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

I feel like I might be halluncinating but I could've sworn I preordered it onsale on steam for 50.

EU and AUS got some pretty sweet deals on preorders via coupon codes, but in NA I think we just got a 10% off deal if we preordered on Steam (and possibly had other Borderlands games in our library).

In other news, everybody can relax because I got my Shift codes in email so I am no longer left out.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

wdarkk posted:

I'm sure they'll find a new and exciting way to gently caress up balance.

It might turn out better under 2K Australia and not normal Gearbox. Who knows?

EDIT: Preloading is up for those who bought on Steam. Still waiting on my GMG key.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 11, 2014

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
You can start preloading now on Steam. Only 5.1 GB, so I can't see it being the whole game.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Crazy Larry posted:

You can start preloading now on Steam. Only 5.1 GB, so I can't see it being the whole game.

I could be mis-remembering but wasn't BL2 about that size at launch?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Crazy Larry posted:

Borderlands 2 with pretty much all DLC is 11,412MB. I can totally believe a shorter game with no DLC is 5,100MB.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Oh, well, nevermind then. Seems a bit low, but guess that shows how much I know.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
The game doesn't use (much or any) prerendered video which is a HUGE space saver.

EDIT: \/ Yeah that too. So many games are using uncompressed audio for no reason but to eat bandwidth.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 11, 2014

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Mokinokaro posted:

The game doesn't use (much or any) prerendered video which is a HUGE space saver.

It also doesn't use uncompressed audio for no good reason (Titanfall).

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Mokinokaro posted:

It might turn out better under 2K Australia and not normal Gearbox. Who knows?

EDIT: Preloading is up for those who bought on Steam. Still waiting on my GMG key.

Are you able to preload if you buy it on gmg or do you get the code when the game launches?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

watho posted:

Are you able to preload if you buy it on gmg or do you get the code when the game launches?

You can pre-load if you get the code early enough. With BL2 they started sending out codes the day before.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Genocyber posted:

You can pre-load if you get the code early enough. With BL2 they started sending out codes the day before.

It is honestly hilarious that someone was mad enough at you to spend money buying you that title. gently caress you for liking a thing dude.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Trying to preload is giving me a "content is still encrypted" error. I'm not sure if it's a "mac version" thing or what.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Genocyber posted:

They started giving out codes tonight, but looks like they ran out of their stock temporarily as I just have a message about codes not being available for it.

EDIT: /\ You can't install it on a Mac OS-format partition according to the store page.

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

So for those of us who bought on Nuuvem, do we seriously have to wait until the 17th to get our codes from them? Is there any way we can try and bypass that?

But hey, $60 game for $35 I guess :shobon: I just can't play with the rest of my friends getting it on Steam.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Mokinokaro posted:

EDIT: /\ You can't install it on a Mac OS-format partition according to the store page.

That's for case-sensitive filesystems.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

phourniner posted:

So for those of us who bought on Nuuvem, do we seriously have to wait until the 17th to get our codes from them? Is there any way we can try and bypass that?

But hey, $60 game for $35 I guess :shobon: I just can't play with the rest of my friends getting it on Steam.

Fortunately this doesn't matter to me since I won't get a chance to play it until ~7PM the day of release, since I got classes all day. :saddowns:

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Ummm, so what the gently caress is going on with the release?

I'm in Australia, and one steam page says the 14th, the other says the 17th, The Gearbox twitter says they are about to start the launch party, and there's posts in the steam forum about being able to play at midnight (somewhere). Also, the game is obviously done because the preload is up.

So when the gently caress is it available to play?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Unfortunately it IS probably the Friday.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Mokinokaro posted:

Unfortunately it IS probably the Friday.

I'm not so concerned with the Australian release date, but just the earliest time it unlocks since I'll just use a proxy to unlock it early if I'm awake at the time.

Honorific!
Jul 5, 2007

Well played, Goonsire!

wdarkk posted:

Trying to preload is giving me a "content is still encrypted" error. I'm not sure if it's a "mac version" thing or what.

Yeah, from poking around a little on the steam forums, this appears to be a mac thing.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

For people who are interested in picking up the Season Pass right now, I can confirm that Greenman Gaming's 20% voucher will apply to the purchase, even in NA:
OCTOBE-R20GMG-OFFERX

Knocks the purchase down to $24

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
The code won't work for the full game, but if you put it and the season pass in your cart, it'll give you 20% off of both of them, bringing the total price down to $72.00

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Well, I got the code and started pre-loading. Now it's just to wait until Friday…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Crazy Larry posted:

Um. Try reading the Info before just clicking through!

The Download is 5.1GB, it unpacks to 9.6GB.

E:

...and done :smuggo:

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Oct 11, 2014

• Locked thread