Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Does it even matter if Abbie goes full Persephone when they have the key?

Edit: Oh poo poo, Moloch done hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ABBIE NO.

Abbie oh.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Holy poo poo, I love how they can make each climax feel epic!

EDIT: LIEUTENANT INSTEAD OF LEFTENANT! CLEVER!

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Fistbump :unsmith:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Horseman of the Apocalypse John Noble Gets A Kamen Rider Suit.

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

I only watched the show occasionally last season, but it got pretty awesome at the end. Was the whole season that good, or should I just read some plot summaries and jump into season 2?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

DorianGravy posted:

I only watched the show occasionally last season, but it got pretty awesome at the end. Was the whole season that good, or should I just read some plot summaries and jump into season 2?

You can do the latter, but the entire season is really good. It has some hiccups past the first episode, but it's still all good, and only 13 episodes.

Basically, WATCH IT

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

So hype for the rest of the season. That was so incredible.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
They came back in 9 months later, with all the weight of expectations on their shoulders, they dusted themselves off, and they picked back up right the gently caress where they left off.

Long live Sleepy Hollow.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Yeah that was really great and I'm now even more excited for the rest of the season. :D

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Waffleman_ posted:

I assume it's going to be an automaton, like his doll.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Death's "honey, I'm home" walk was the greatest damned thing.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I was afraid to see how this season opener would go, shouldn't have worried at all!! I'm so happy this show is back.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
That was so good.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

hcreight posted:

How did he get the ambulance in drive without knowing how to also shift in reverse?

Assuming he knew how to use the shifter at all, half the options on an automatic shifter (D, 1, 2) mean "go forward"

But secretly I like to think that he knows only enough to just floor it and drop the clutch.

Excellent season premiere.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Enjoyed the episode....but, I'm gonna be that guy for just a second. I didn't like that they went back to purgatory. That's my least favorite Sleepy Hollow area. It's just super dull.

But other than that, good poo poo. Could've used more Orlando Jones though.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
This show is still entertainingly stupid as gently caress. I love it.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Goddamn that met all of my expectations.

Also I like the fact that even a (fake) year later Ichabod is still wearing the exact same outfit.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

CelticPredator posted:

Enjoyed the episode....but, I'm gonna be that guy for just a second. I didn't like that they went back to purgatory. That's my least favorite Sleepy Hollow area. It's just super dull.

But other than that, good poo poo. Could've used more Orlando Jones though.

Yeah, where was he?

They had to go back to Purgatory, though. The entire cliffhanger was about that. I'm sure they'll get wackier and bring in Heaven and Hell at some point, because why shouldn't they?

Really, I'd kind of like to see Brooks in increasingly complicated situations. Preferably changing form all the time like some sort of Wonder Twin. He was already a devotee of Moloch before the pilot, I guess? But he sounds like he was coerced? Or maybe wasn't but came to regret choosing it. There are tons of questions there. All of this if John Cho comes back, I mean (I don't have high hopes for Selfie based on the pilot. So, he might.)

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I love how the main characters never really sit still while captured but are constantly finding ways to to stab their captors. Hopefully next episode we have the police boss dude finding out that his prison guards are all Hessians and stabbing/exploding them all.

Also the Horseman of Death still being terrible at romance 200 years later is great.

One question, what is that door that Moloch created Henry's horseman form from?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Naked Ben Franklin

Shirtless Death

Crane Driving An Ambulance Until He Can't Reverse It

This episode had everything.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Xealot posted:

Yeah, where was he?

They had to go back to Purgatory, though. The entire cliffhanger was about that. I'm sure they'll get wackier and bring in Heaven and Hell at some point, because why shouldn't they?

no doubt they will. And I'm so down for it.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Xealot posted:

Yeah, where was he?

In jail (probably stabbing someone)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Radio! posted:

In jail (probably stabbing someone)

on Twitter.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Irving was arrested in the penultimate episode last season for taking the rap for killing Luke's partner and the priest while Luke / Macey were possessed. So yeah, he's in jail. I missed him too, hopefully he gets sprung soon.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I want Andy to be Abbie's guardian angel who's just playing the long game or something. His constant betrayal and aid are just him wrestling with his duty and fighting for his freedom and the poor clown just can't get a loving break.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I'm just now watching it (btw y'all, Fox won't have it up for 8 days but Hulu Plus has it)---what's with the time-skip?

HOLY poo poo IS JENNY DEAD?!?

YASSS more John Noble, but how the gently caress did they get out of their respective....confinements?

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Sep 23, 2014

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Astrofig posted:

I'm just now watching it (btw y'all, Fox won't have it up for 8 days but Hulu Plus has it)---what's with the time-skip?

HOLY poo poo IS JENNY DEAD?!?

:allears:

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Frostwerks posted:

I want Andy to be Abbie's guardian angel who's just playing the long game or something. His constant betrayal and aid are just him wrestling with his duty and fighting for his freedom and the poor clown just can't get a loving break.
Dude's already in the friendzone so hard. Last time there was an Asian male/black female romance it just ended in a hug anyway, he thinks he's gonna break the pattern?

Also who was the actor playing Abraham/Death? I swear he looked super familiar but I can't remember just exactly who.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Sober posted:

Dude's already in the friendzone so hard. Last time there was an Asian male/black female romance it just ended in a hug anyway, he thinks he's gonna break the pattern?

Also who was the actor playing Abraham/Death? I swear he looked super familiar but I can't remember just exactly who.

I think it might be Derek Mears, who played Jason in the Friday the 13th remake, but don't quote me. I know he plays the horseman himself, I'm not sure if he also plays him in Abraham form.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
HOLY gently caress THEY MADE A LEFTENANT JOKE

LIKE AN ACTUAL PLOT POINT

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I just caught up with the show after giving it a pass last year. Did the show runners ever say how a bible buried with Ichabod 1783 has entries from GW from 1799?

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
^^Because MAGIC, duh!

No, I don't think they ever did. But who cares? Holy poo poo, y'all.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I just caught up with the show after giving it a pass last year. Did the show runners ever say how a bible buried with Ichabod 1783 has entries from GW from 1799?

The same reason why there was Zombie George Washington that's why.

EDIT: Actually, that was the reason, if you watch the season finale eps again, there was an explanation due to Washington trying to map out Purgatory I believe.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
This show is crazy, now did it keep going from last year. I believed the time jump and the fact it would work on this show.

The only disappointment is John Noble is not going to wear the armour himself.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It's not like Icabod was lost; they knew where he was buried (or dumped, from the look at the start of the series) and knew that he was being prepped for fighting the apocalypse. Where else are you going to put your "How to stop the end of the world" manual other than with the guy who's going to need it when he wakes up?

sbaldrick posted:

This show is crazy, now did it keep going from last year. I believed the time jump and the fact it would work on this show.

The only disappointment is John Noble is not going to wear the armour himself.

I'm 90% sure it's so they can keep War in play when John Noble is busy. Which he should be because John Noble should be in everything, but he should especially be in Sleepy Hollow because he works so well with the cast.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

This was a pretty great episode. I hope every season opens with Ichabod bursting out of a grave :allears:

Waffleman_ posted:

Don't play games with my heart.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Compendium posted:

The same reason why there was Zombie George Washington that's why.

EDIT: Actually, that was the reason, if you watch the season finale eps again, there was an explanation due to Washington trying to map out Purgatory I believe.

No,I got the whys, I was just lost on the how. It was just something that stick out to me, the other thing being Ichabod's hatred of hipsters and artisinal marmalade.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I still want the spin-off 'John Cho -- Demonic Temp'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I still want the spin-off 'John Cho -- Demonic Temp'

This job is literally hell.

• Locked thread