Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

VFX can also be stuff like set extensions, removal of stunt apparatus, and many other things. Hell, watch the bonus features for even a mundane show like Ugly Betty and marvel at how much money is spent on VFX every single episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Radio! posted:

Also the vines trapping Ichabod, the end of War's dream trap thing, the lightning hitting the key, probably all sorts of little things.

The scene with Ichabod being wrapped by the vines as the coffin formed around him in midair was totally awesome, it really stood out to me.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(
I thought the flaming sword at the end looked really cool :black101:

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I'm sooooo glad this show is back. It's the show I was least excited to to start and ended up loving the most. The cast is fantastic and totally embodied their characters right out of the gate. I can't wait to see what they do now that they've got a season of getting to know their characters under their belt.

I think one of my favorite parts of the episode was when Abbie was holding up the cupcake with the lit candle on it. There was this little beat and then Ichabod goes "Sooo do we just stare at it now?" It was a small thing, but the little pause and irritated tone in his voice just made me giggle.

Josh Lyman posted:

Is it just me or did Abby's actress get new teeth? Also lost a bunch of weight and got lip injections.

It looked to me like she lost some weight too.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Then he sounded so miffed when he told Jenny she'd missed his birthday party. Adorable.

I can't wait to see the armor-golem-knight-thing in action.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

KilGrey posted:

I'm sooooo glad this show is back. It's the show I was least excited to to start and ended up loving the most. The cast is fantastic and totally embodied their characters right out of the gate. I can't wait to see what they do now that they've got a season of getting to know their characters under their belt.

I think one of my favorite parts of the episode was when Abbie was holding up the cupcake with the lit candle on it. There was this little beat and then Ichabod goes "Sooo do we just stare at it now?" It was a small thing, but the little pause and irritated tone in his voice just made me giggle.

It looked to me like she lost some weight too.

Ditto all of this. I watched the first episode intending to just mock and dismiss the whole thing as stupid and unnecessary in a world that already had Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow. But then it showed itself to be Fringe/Supernatural/National Treasure on crank and I just loved it - especially the way it somehow crams more plot into single episodes than a lot of shows have in their entire seasons.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Zephonith posted:

I thought the flaming sword at the end looked really cool :black101:

"Magnificent!"

The way John Noble said that as the sword appeared had me giggling with delight.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ˇTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
I am so loving excited about this show. As soon as Franklin reacted to the key not being destroyed like he wanted, I outloud went "Oh my god!" Because of loving course Ben Franklin's kite experiment was just an attempt to really destroy a key that can open the door to Purgatory. I love this show.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
http://foxsleepyhollow.tumblr.com/post/98399948919/sleepy-hollow-s1-gag-reel

Season 1 gag reel!! :allears:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Love how Suspicious Irving creeps in and out of the top of the browser window on that tumblr. Sleepy Hollow has the best kind of fans. :allears:

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I love how the shirtless horseman is stomping around even when he's trying to impress the ladies.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

nine-gear crow posted:

Love how Suspicious Irving creeps in and out of the top of the browser window on that tumblr. Sleepy Hollow has the best kind of fans. :allears:

That tumblr happens to be pretty tame and run by cool people, never read the actual tag for Sleepy Hollow (although maybe just don't read anything on tumblr at all, that's a good lesson to learn).

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
One of my favorite parts of the premiere was how much Ichabod disliked Ben Franklin, not because he was a person who should be disliked, but because he bossed Ichabod around.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tupping Liberty posted:

One of my favorite parts of the premiere was how much Ichabod disliked Ben Franklin, not because he was a person who should be disliked, but because he bossed Ichabod around.

Honestly, I think anyone would come to despise a person who routinely subjected you to his pasty white schlong and beer gut unprompted on what had to be at least a weekly basis.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Tupping Liberty posted:

Also because Ichabod likes to think of himself as the smartest guy in the room and so did Franklin.

nine-gear crow posted:

Honestly, I think anyone would come to despise a person who routinely subjected you to his pasty white schlong and beer gut unprompted on what had to be at least a weekly basis.

While calling you a prude.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
That awkward moment when your unstoppable harbinger of the apocalypse decides to play house rather than do apocalypse stuff.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
My favorite part of this show is Ichabod dropping history like it ain't no thing. I could listen to him talk for hours.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

LorneReams posted:

My favorite part of this show is Ichabod dropping history like it ain't no thing. I could listen to him talk for hours.

You're not a true fan of this show if you wouldn't be ecstatic to watch an episode that's nothing but Crane reacting to history and inventions.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Holding my breath for him to go absolutely ballistic at a 'tea party patriot'.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

El Tortuga posted:

You're not a true fan of this show if you wouldn't be ecstatic to watch an episode that's nothing but Crane reacting to history and inventions.

I dunno, one of my favorite things about this show is how much restraint the writers demonstrate with Ichabod's reactions to technology. It would be really easy to have like a dozen "And what is this wondrous instrument?!?" scenes in every episode, but instead the writers skip the obvious gags in favor of stuff like the baked goods levy scene or the OnStar conversation. It really helps drive the point home that he's a competent, intelligent guy who just happens to be 251 years old.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I acutally like when he corrects misconceptions, like with Thanksgiving (how would the pilgrams have had sugar!), and dissing the founding fathers.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'm just waiting for him to ride in an airplane to England for the first time.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

LorneReams posted:

I acutally like when he corrects misconceptions, like with Thanksgiving (how would the pilgrams have had sugar!), and dissing the founding fathers.

Or when he visits misconceptions about Paul Revere. I also loved when he was defending Thomas Jefferson about him banging slaves, and then when he finds out Jefferson stole one of his saying being hurt.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Yeah i think we are past the point of "marveling at technology" scenes. Then we went through a phase of him having the same trouble with technology that grandparents have. Then he bitched about having a flip phone.

Ichabod angrily correcting historical inaccuracies is always fun though.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Someone like him is probably on wikipedia every chance he gets.

LOL, can you imagine him trying to edit something.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

Or when he visits misconceptions about Paul Revere. I also loved when he was defending Thomas Jefferson about him banging slaves, and then when he finds out Jefferson stole one of his saying being hurt.
I looked for the discussion about Jefferson and Hemmings on youtube as a way to sell this series, actually. That, then telling people that the Headless Horseman comes after them with a shotgun.

ImpulseDrive
Jul 25, 2008
I'd like to see Crane's reaction to modern England, along with just the entertainment of him being stuck on a 747 for a several hour journey.

I don't know if it ever came up, but it would be interesting in seeing him watch a recording of the moon landing. While I'm at it, I'd like to see a halloween themed episode that does Crane's and Abby's typical adventure filtered through a reality show ala the 1939 War of the Worlds radio drama.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I mean really, you've been to loving purgatory and were attacked by a headless horseman and your son who is war. Future technology is cool, but a bit trite at this point. I don't think anything can surprise him anymore.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

VDay posted:

I dunno, one of my favorite things about this show is how much restraint the writers demonstrate with Ichabod's reactions to technology. It would be really easy to have like a dozen "And what is this wondrous instrument?!?" scenes in every episode, but instead the writers skip the obvious gags in favor of stuff like the baked goods levy scene or the OnStar conversation. It really helps drive the point home that he's a competent, intelligent guy who just happens to be 251 years old.

I totally get what you're saying, but one of the great things about Ichabod is that he isn't really ever awe-struck by modern inventions (with the exception of power windows). Mostly, he's just skeptical and annoyed by everything. Do I want to watch an hour of Ichabod going "what is this strange, iron bird"? No. But I want to watch an hour of Crane rolling his eyes over skinny jeans and Starbucks.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Ichabod pressing things on the dashboard trying to shift the truck into reverse was a pretty great visual. And the indignation at having to admit he hasn't bothered to learn to drive yet.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh no! They're getting bloodbonded!

E: Oh.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I hope this new Sheriff isn't all "cut out your supernatural stuff". The speed with which everyone was onboard with...well, everything from season 1 was maybe the most refreshing thing about the show.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm not sure I'm onboard with new police Sheriff yet.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Of course Benjamin Franklin was a necromancer.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

jscolon2.0 posted:

Of course Benjamin Franklin was a necromancer.

Not just a necromancer, a stitcher.

BFFs with Victor Frankenstein.

Vicodiva
Sep 27, 2012
Franklinstein's monster

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Vicodiva posted:

Franklinstein's monster

Voted new thread title.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I missed these cold-rear end opens.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Vicodiva posted:

Franklinstein's monster

Ichabod would not get that reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!