Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Friends let's ignore the 3P nonsense and lynch a scum - MMM - who is seeking to coast on a miller claim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
So I spent all of last night drawing fetishes and children's tv characters, it was for fanfic mafia not my own personal enjoyment fyi, sorry about that.

busb posted:

Friends let's ignore the 3P nonsense and lynch a scum - MMM - who is seeking to coast on a miller claim.

Agreed - a claimed miller who would rather we focus on 3P than scum hunt, as d1 cases go that's a pretty strong one. ##vote mmm

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

busb posted:

It seems that you are only doing this to change the meta of millers. Am I wrong or is there something else

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Sorry I haven't been able to put time to this thread I've been feeling under the weather.

Anyway, I would rather lynch somebody who isn't town. ##vote taste

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Your Personal Muse posted:

It seems that you are only doing this to change the meta of millers. Am I wrong or is there something else

busb is right that MMM is coasting. He won't tell me who the scums are, and that's pretty rude.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
haha, super lame MMM.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MildManeredManikin posted:

Anyway, I would rather lynch somebody who isn't town.

That's why we're trying to lynch you, silly!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Rarity posted:

That's why we're trying to lynch you, silly!

Yeah, you want to lynch him because he wants to lynch someone who isn't Town, scum!

In other words: you could really have phrased that better.

How long until deadline?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Hey somb, would you be willing to vote mmm today?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mafia edit: never mind, it's 4am tonight my time. Obviously I won't be around, so don't take my silence as hiding. And if I do get bumrushed, as often happens, look to see who started it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

lynching not-town isn't the same as lynching scum

we all know this and recognize it but it's still a mislynch if i'm not anti town

which I can't be

because I'm dependent on town

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jedit posted:

Yeah, you want to lynch him because he wants to lynch someone who isn't Town, scum!

I was implying MMM is scum so we will lynch him :thejoke:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Puntification posted:

Hey somb, would you be willing to vote mmm today?

yeah. I feel better about Grandi and I told MMM I'd give him a pass today but I was lying.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

lynching not-town isn't the same as lynching scum

we all know this and recognize it but it's still a mislynch if i'm not anti town

which I can't be

because I'm dependent on town

Scum could easily vote no lynch with you at lylo, giving you your wincon and them theirs.

Hey people voting me, what makes me scummier than the other people who have the same opinions as me? I'm not the only person who wants Taste gone. Is it just that I claimed miller? The thing you're supposed to do?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah I honestly didn't think of that scenario

But unless it's a 3 man lylo I'd just vote scum so you could give me my victory

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

If it was lylo you would never get a chance to no lynch though, you'd have to vote scum every time, or no lynch and lose the game for town.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That's assuming no protective roles / bps / jailers :mrgw:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Scum could easily vote no lynch with you at lylo, giving you your wincon and them theirs.

Hey people voting me, what makes me scummier than the other people who have the same opinions as me? I'm not the only person who wants Taste gone. Is it just that I claimed miller? The thing you're supposed to do?

It's the combo of miller claim and this post:

Well, the big difference to me is that the player we all think is scum doesn't exist, but we know TT is 3p.

Anyway we gain most of the info you get out of a day one, which is looking at how the players interacted and what their perspectives are. We'll probably also get an NK flip as well, giving us even more information to vote on D2.

3Ps have to be dealt with at some point and I'd rather do it now than lylo, when we'd presumably have a lot more information to figure out who is scum.

It's actively discouraging scum hunting in favour of 3P and this is scummy behaviour in my opinion, as I did the exact thing as scum. Also I don't like the way you say we know TT is 3P, he's claimed it and that's different, this is a semantic quibble but potentially it speaks of a more informed viewpoint regarding alignment, this last point is rather silly and I wouldn't really consider it if not for the other points being sufficient to think you're scum already.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I never really considered it to be discouraging scum hunting, because I thought scum hunting could still be done both this day and the next day. My preference is just to lynch TT now and carry on from there.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

The other people are still trying to contribute to finding scum and you are not.

Punt and Rarity are spot-on. ##vote MildManeredManikin

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also your second point there is really silly but you already know that.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

I never really considered it to be discouraging scum hunting, because I thought scum hunting could still be done both this day and the next day. My preference is just to lynch TT now and carry on from there.

Have you actually called anyone scummy yet?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

This is super frustrating, this is like the second game in a row that I've been tunnelled early on. It's been because I didn't have energy and also because I claimed miller which is what people always say to do if you get miller!

Somberbrero posted:

The other people are still trying to contribute to finding scum and you are not.

Punt and Rarity are spot-on. ##vote MildManeredManikin

Also pretty irritating is that Somber just played a game with me where this happened and he's doing it again

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Maybe if you made actual posts where you hunted the scums I wouldn't have to break my promises. Didn't think of that now, did you? Jerk. :colbert:

To be fair, you did self-doublevote last game.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

Have you actually called anyone scummy yet?

I called magnus scummy early on. It's true that I haven't been casing too hard this game but I'm not the only one.

I'm pretty sure if I start giving my reads now people are just going to say I'm desperate and that my reads are weak.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

Maybe if you made actual posts where you hunted the scums I wouldn't have to break my promises. Didn't think of that now, did you? Jerk.

Stop this poo poo.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somber, I like your points on Granidcap earlier, but I am not really sure where you are going with this MMM thing. I mean, he could just call anyone scummy even if he's scum, so I don't know why that is so such a big thing to you. He said he wasn't feeling well, give him a chance to do something other than defend himself.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hal Incandenza posted:

Somber, I like your points on Granidcap earlier, but I am not really sure where you are going with this MMM thing. I mean, he could just call anyone scummy even if he's scum, so I don't know why that is so such a big thing to you. He said he wasn't feeling well, give him a chance to do something other than defend himself.

Despite being ill he's been the 2nd most active player in the thread.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rarity posted:

Does this mean you think he's scum or what?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

I know you think he's scum, but is that the reason why?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

What do you mean? Putting down solid opinions is really important, everyone should have at least one other person in this game that they're pushing. Everything he's posted so far has been wishy-washy.

I get being frustrated, but that's when you need to dig in and, y'know, actually play Mafia.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well I am voting him so I guess so!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hal Incandenza posted:

I know you think he's scum, but is that the reason why?

Rarity posted:

Ok so MMM. For starters, I don't like his attempt to force the lynch onto Taste. Like the no lynch bandwagon it's an easy, safe vote. I think his read (or lack of read) on Jedit and Grandi are genuine and it's designed to make Somber look scummy. I did forget he claimed miller though. I've never seen scum try to get away with a miller claim before and it's enough for me to hold off on laying down a vote right now but not to let go of my suspicions.

That's the bulk of my case.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Stop this poo poo.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I agree with both of these. Somber's posts feel like someone putting pressure on a person for pressure's sake. It's feeling scummy to me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

White noise is a scumtell. If you're around but not actually actively scumhunting then you are, yourself, probably a scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

What do you mean? Putting down solid opinions is really important, everyone should have at least one other person in this game that they're pushing. Everything he's posted so far has been wishy-washy.

I get being frustrated, but that's when you need to dig in and, y'know, actually play Mafia.

Yeah I get that, but when you constantly attack someone they get put in a bit of a bind. Either defend yourself and then you get attacked for still not putting down opinions, or ignore the attack and call someone scum, but then you get more heat for brushing off the attack and only giving opinions when forced to.

I mean, MMM got himself into this situation, but at some point you have to step back and give people time to form opinions. It's still only D1 here. Once MMM does lay down some opinions then go after them if they look scummy but you aren't going to get much out of going GIVE ME OPINIONS RIGHT NOW OR DIE.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Frankly, I feel like the best move is to ##vote Grandi since his actual thoughts on the game seem rather shallow and "opinions for opinions sake"

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Rarity posted:

Ah yeah, let's just look at his post history and debunk this "sick" claim

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I just think you owe us a few words, MMM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah I get that, but when you constantly attack someone they get put in a bit of a bind. Either defend yourself and then you get attacked for still not putting down opinions, or ignore the attack and call someone scum, but then you get more heat for brushing off the attack and only giving opinions when forced to.

I mean, MMM got himself into this situation, but at some point you have to step back and give people time to form opinions. It's still only D1 here. Once MMM does lay down some opinions then go after them if they look scummy but you aren't going to get much out of going GIVE ME OPINIONS RIGHT NOW OR DIE.

The deadline is in five hours.

I really disagree that ignoring an attack is scummy. I think it's hella townie to dig in and make a better argument.

• Locked thread