Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ufarn
May 30, 2009
It's been very Mad Men-like as in Alicia seems to be on a neverending journey to Find Herself; things finally seemed to have settled, when she got her own firm and broke it off with Peter, but here we are again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

hepscat posted:

I'm starting to feel on the side of everyone but Alicia at this point. She really has skated along with an attitude that she's genuine and honest while looking the other way when it benefits her. Even going back to the first season, she got picked over Cary for the job because having a personal history with Will gave her an edge. She's had clients (such as Lemond Bishop) she knew were dirty but she's willing to work with him as long as he keeps it to his legitimate business. During the struggle to get elected she had a lot of help that she refused to acknowledge so that she could say to herself she was incorruptible. Yet she went along with lying about her relationship with Will because that benefited her.

So why can't she admit that she's as morally flexible as the next guy? That's all I'm saying.

The show is called "The Good Wife" not "The morally flexible Wife" ;)

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Saint Alicia has no problem defending Robert Durst/Colin Sweeney

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Mu Zeta posted:

Saint Alicia has no problem defending Robert Durst/Colin Sweeney

Look, if you Catholic Guilt yourself over your indiscretions, it means that you're still a good person, even though you've chosen to do all those actions in the first place. :colbert:

She does those bad things because she CHOOSES to, not because she WANTED to. :colbert::colbert:

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
I've loved this show since episode one but it's becoming really awkward and almost painful to watch every week.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Better episode, though Kalinda is leaving town for a long long time.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Oh, hey thread.

Wax Lion
Aug 24, 2009

If that's Kalinda's last episode I am legit hurt and insulted on that poor actor's behalf. Her last scene was with Grace of all people. Apparently this marked her 50th episode with no scenes with Julianna Margulies.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Still not guaranteed that this is her last episode but if it is that's hosed up. Hard to believe now that Alicia-Kalinda relationship used to be one of the best things about this show.

Regardless, glad the Lamont Bishop plot and the SA plot are gone, it was beyond time to move on from those stories.

Combed Thunderclap fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Apr 27, 2015

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Diane's chain was awesome.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
This law office is so dysfunctional they need a Jon Taffer type to come in, mediate the personal problems then re-brand and re-launch LOL.

Wax Lion posted:

If that's Kalinda's last episode I am legit hurt and insulted on that poor actor's behalf. Her last scene was with Grace of all people. Apparently this marked her 50th episode with no scenes with Julianna Margulies.

Yes that was a pathetic send-off for Kalinda / Archie Panjabi. Maybe since she decided to leave the show, the writers/showrunners didn't feel like doing her any favours with a dramatic (or even decent) goodbye storyline.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

I expected Kalinda's departure to be more bombastic. That was just sad.

Also how many times is this show going to do a Client War? It's getting repetitive.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Ither posted:

Also how many times is this show going to do a Client War? It's getting repetitive.

Kalinda will appear in the season finale.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Otteration posted:

Better episode, though Kalinda is leaving town for a long long time.

She can go hide out with her husband in Canada :v:

along with Taye Diggs and Robin

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Diane's chain was awesome.

It was ridiculous in all the right ways.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

Wax Lion posted:

Apparently this marked her 50th episode with no scenes with Julianna Margulies.

honestly thought the streak would be broken when she appeared at Alicia's apt :zombie:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The AV Club pointed out how even the flashback scene didn't have Kalinda and Alicia in the same room.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Mu Zeta posted:

The AV Club pointed out how even the flashback scene didn't have Kalinda and Alicia in the same room.

Can't wait for the special edition that establishes they were never actually in the same room together at any point in the series.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
This show has become the equivalent of the farm in the Walking Dead.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Mu Zeta posted:

They're actually the same person.

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun
Do the actors hate each other or what? (I mean seriously, anyone know any gossip?)

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

hepscat posted:

Do the actors hate each other or what? (I mean seriously, anyone know any gossip?)

the internet rumor is that margulies/kalida don't like each other. The rumor has been around for awhile and no one really believed it until this season with the streak and whatnot. TGW cast was at Paleyfest a month or two ago and Kalinda wasn't there and tweeted that she didn't even know about it.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Ither posted:

The storyline that Alicia and Diane's feud for the episode was based on misunderstood phone call was old back when Three's Company did it.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Geno posted:

the internet rumor is that margulies/kalida don't like each other. The rumor has been around for awhile and no one really believed it until this season with the streak and whatnot. TGW cast was at Paleyfest a month or two ago and Kalinda wasn't there and tweeted that she didn't even know about it.

I think the important aspect of this is that Margulies hates Panjabi. She's the star of the show and a producer, with the power to keep them from having scenes together.

We need some clandestine group of hackers to make her emails pubic to find the reasons why ;)

So where does Alicia go from here? They can 't have a season based on her writing a book.
She could team up with Palmar to start another new law firm, represent Lemond and embarrass the prosecutor while also dragging Diane, Agos etc in as witnesses and try to show them being complicit in his crimes.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

She starts a firm with Nathan lane, Taye Diggs, and Robin as the investigator. Move the show to New York. They already film there anyway.

Lyz
May 22, 2007

I AM A GIRL ON WOW GIVE ME ITAMS
I'm rooting for her starting a firm with Finn, if only because Matthew Goode is so easy on the eyes.

The party leader promised her a cushy post somewhere, maybe she ends up on some sort of regulatory committee that oversees lawyers and she fucks with all her old partners.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Lyz posted:

The party leader promised her a cushy post somewhere, maybe she ends up on some sort of regulatory committee that oversees lawyers and she fucks with all her old partners.
He promised prior to threatening to do what they did. He asked her and tried to bribe her, but remember, she told him to gently caress off.

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.
Alicia should move to Boston into a David Kelley show.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Kalinda drama aside, I liked the scene where old lady badly pretends to be a drug addict

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

ShadowHawk posted:

Kalinda drama aside, I liked the scene where old lady badly pretends to be a drug addict

I'm down with Corrections Officer Lady Who Is Through With This Bullshit showing up every other episode to instantly cut through all the lawyer illusions everyone else is so obsessed with weaving.

Wax Lion
Aug 24, 2009

Well, they faked the actors being in the same room again. Unless Archie literally killed someone she loved Julianna is a remarkably unprofessional actor.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Wax Lion posted:

Well, they faked the actors being in the same room again. Unless Archie literally killed someone she loved Julianna is a remarkably unprofessional actor.

That scene was hilariously bad. I'm guessing the first scene they were together was old footage from season 1?

Kal Torak
Jul 17, 2003

When Giles sends me on a mission, he says "please". And afterwards I get a cookie.
This episode was the best episode in a long time. No firm/client drama, just a good old courtroom battle.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kal Torak posted:

This episode was the best episode in a long time. No firm/client drama, just a good old courtroom battle.

Yea it was. :geno: at Alicia starting another firm though.

Maybe she can hire Robin

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Meh finale. Having Canning's wife work at Argos Florrick Lee was just bad writing. But I guess it was so that Alicia and Canning can work together next season. Or not who knows.

:rip: Kalinda. You finally got your scene with Alicia. The curse is lifted.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
Archie Panjabi gave an interview to the BBC about her walking away from the show: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32663423

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

:rip: Kalinda. You finally got your scene with Alicia. The curse is lifted.

There's no way that shot wasn't a digital composite.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

What a low key finale.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
This would have been pretty good as a normal episode. Haha, what a goofy finale.

I REALLY hope they greenscreened Alicia and Kalinda together. and used body doubles for back of head shots. :laugh:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I think it's pretty clearly split screen.

I gave up on this season five or six episodes in, which is remarkable considering last season was one of my favourite seasons of television ever. I've kept up with the show because I have a lot of residual affection for it, but what a hot mess.

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 16:51 on May 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
What the gently caress is up with Julianna Margulies? Haha what a bitch.

This whole series is just a hot mess now. A boring, hot mess.

I thought it was kinda funny how they were trying to paint the ending scene with Kalinda as some sort of big character defining moment and all I could think was that they had had her disappear literally every season and the only difference now is the big swell of happy music when she sticks it to the man. blah. What a goof.

• Locked thread