Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Preferred Smash Mode
True Imp Mode
Charlatan Mode
Nippon Mode
Demi Imp Mode
View Results

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

True Imp Mode: All items, random stages

Charlatan Mode: Final Destination, no items

Nippon: pokeballs on high spawn rate

Demi Imp Mode: No Villager

I can't be assed to make a massive poll on my phone so these are the four for now but if you have any good ideas please discuss them.

I'm assuming that right now everyone wants stock instead of time. If you enjoy time instead of stock please let us all know in the thread below.

E: if piles of people actually want something besides these 4 I guess I can add it to the OP but I don't know how to dick with the poll so ehh

Eye of Widesauron fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Sep 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Final destination mode is for pussies who can't handle the soccer ball.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
bonzibuddy Mode: Only DK reps, only DK stages, only Barrels

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Oddjob: Poison Mushrooms and bunny hoods

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

As long as final smashes are on, and soccer balls are off, i'm good with it.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

In no way is voting for Charlatan Mode a honeypot for being shamed/mocked/probated

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The soccer ball is majestic; every time someone smashes it there is a solid second of pause as everyone wonders which arbitrary direction it will go.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

mabels big day posted:

As long as final smashes are on, and soccer balls are off, i'm good with it.

somewhere, there is a brit crying

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
smash potato is fun

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Seshoho Cian posted:

somewhere, there is a brit crying

Good.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
there was a Freakin Sweet card game i used to play with melee, when it was new. you had a deck of cards that had everything from characters to items to changing the battle type (stock or timed, 2v2 or 3v1, etc) or modifiers like handicap level and gimmick cards like replacing a player with a level 9 CPU for a match.

Everyone got a hand of like five cards, and after every round everyone would draw a card. You'd play cards by using a Peach card on someone, and then they'd have to play as Peach for the next round. Or you could play a Bob-Omb card to disable that item from the master list, or play one round with only that item enabled.

You'd get points for each round you won, and the first player to like 10 points or some such won. Easily the coolest Smash variant I ever played, but I can't find the website that used to host all the cards and rules. I printed em all out on card stock and played with friends a ton and they all thought it was fun as heck too. Someone find this, so I can modernize it to smash 4 and figure out some way to play it on a web page or something alongside the 3ds game

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Minrad posted:

there was a Freakin Sweet card game i used to play with melee, when it was new. you had a deck of cards that had everything from characters to items to changing the battle type (stock or timed, 2v2 or 3v1, etc) or modifiers like handicap level and gimmick cards like replacing a player with a level 9 CPU for a match.

Everyone got a hand of like five cards, and after every round everyone would draw a card. You'd play cards by using a Peach card on someone, and then they'd have to play as Peach for the next round. Or you could play a Bob-Omb card to disable that item from the master list, or play one round with only that item enabled.

You'd get points for each round you won, and the first player to like 10 points or some such won. Easily the coolest Smash variant I ever played, but I can't find the website that used to host all the cards and rules. I printed em all out on card stock and played with friends a ton and they all thought it was fun as heck too. Someone find this, so I can modernize it to smash 4 and figure out some way to play it on a web page or something alongside the 3ds game

Was this actually a thing

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Widestancer posted:

Was this actually a thing

i went dumpster diving on gamefaqs and found a mediafire link that has all the card images in it http://www.mediafire.com/download/avm00y834ib4pqr/smashcards.rar so I'm pretty sure it's not some imp-fueled fever dream

now I just need to find the rules

Dec 26, 2012

Minrad posted:

that sounds dope as poo poo

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Minrad posted:

i went dumpster diving on gamefaqs and found a mediafire link that has all the card images in it http://www.mediafire.com/download/avm00y834ib4pqr/smashcards.rar so I'm pretty sure it's not some imp-fueled fever dream

now I just need to find the rules

Holy poo poo

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Minrad posted:

The reason you stopped playing this was because someone slipped in custom cards that said stuff like "pants are banned" and "loser gives a blowjob", and then no one would own up to it, right

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Seshoho Cian posted:

The reason you stopped playing this was because someone slipped in custom cards that said stuff like "pants are banned" and "loser gives a blowjob", and then no one would own up to it, right

no I moved at the end of that summer and never found a bunch of irl smash bros again after that

I think I have a pretty vested interest in reviving this card game now though

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
It sounds like a fun time. I'd try it once the new game is out.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Liquid Penguins posted:

It sounds like a fun time. I'd try it once the new game is out.

You should get this and we should play

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Minrad posted:

no I moved at the end of that summer and never found a bunch of irl smash bros again after that

I think I have a pretty vested interest in reviving this card game now though

well maybe you'd have more smash bros if you were willing to give the drat blowjobs

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
all stages, no items

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

DARPA Dad posted:

all stages, no items

an interesting comprimise....

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

DARPA Dad posted:

all stages, no items

Hmm...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

whatever i feel like at the time

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

DARPA Dad posted:

all stages, no items

i like it

Dec 26, 2012

DARPA Dad posted:

all stages, no items

im down

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

I'm not

Dec 26, 2012

well ok

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

DARPA Dad posted:

all stages, no items

I like this

Soral
May 30, 2009

i like items

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
Super Smash Faggots.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
All stages, low items (no recovery items)

Dec 26, 2012

no recovery items seems reasonable

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

i am not a fan of the smashballs, personally
if the rest of the imps really like them, i guess that works

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Once the DLC is announced, if it's good, and I end up buying the game, you can mark my words there will be a Bonzibuddy game mode and accompanying tournament.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Once the DLC is announced, if it's good, and I end up buying the game, you can mark my words there will be a Bonzibuddy game mode and accompanying tournament.

I support this

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bonzibuddy64 posted:

ill use dark pit in it

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Recovery items and smash balls are commonly brought up when I've played and a couple of people here have mentioned them, what's the consensus

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Endorph posted:

ill use dark pit in it

Not if he's banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Not if he's banned.