Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
my grandma is 1 inch taller than the legal height of a midget
she has a green thumb and hums softly to herself while working in her garden
she had a dog, a dopey german shorthair, whom she didn't like or want, but she still carefully prepared warm meals for him every day. it's not a mystery, she's just super nice.
and she pronounces the n word "knee-gah"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Festis posted:

She regularly called me sfacim as a child. I only just found out what that means.

Even though it means semen, it's also a term of endearment. Kind of like "spunky" i guess? She was being nice, anyway,

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
long dead.

don't remember anything about them.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
My grandma got run over by a reindeer and you might have heard the song about it

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
The whole story though is that she was a gypsy and did a thinner curse on santa with her dying breath but that fucker used christmas spirit to cure himself which is why there were no toys that year

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011
My grandma on my dad's side was ancient, she was born in 1908 and was already married by the time of the Great Depression. They lived in the country and were already poor so it didn't affect them much at all. She said she caught a guy stealing her chickens one time, but it was just a crazy dude from down the road not a hobo or anything. She never learned to drive or anything and didn't really ever go anywhere, but again they were poor so they couldn't have afforded a car or anything anyway.

She used to cook all the time for everybody, but that's also how we first saw signs of her mind going. She cooked from memory and never used recipes. Anyway, she made a pie and later some cookies using salt instead of sugar. They were pretty terrible but nobody ever said anything to her about it and took them home with them anyway.

When she got worse she used to apologize to people for not remembering them when she could remember that she was having problems. :(

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Both died. And both took a long, long time to die. Pretty much inspired me to suckstart a pistol if I'm ever diagnosed with Alzheimer's or sent to a terminal care hospice. gently caress that place, it smelled like pee and dying people 24/7.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Wild T posted:

Both died. And both took a long, long time to die. Pretty much inspired me to suckstart a pistol if I'm ever diagnosed with Alzheimer's or sent to a terminal care hospice. gently caress that place, it smelled like pee and dying people 24/7.

to be fair old people without dementia also smell like that

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011

mookface posted:

to be fair old people without dementia also smell like that

Or poop, they smell like poop a lot too.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
i plan on having a massive jammer in my sixties and avoiding the poopsmell I feel that this is ideal

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011
My issue with preempting my senility is that I already have memory problems, I feel I may be too late.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
My one grandmother is 91 and very sweet. She says I'm her favorite grandson and she bakes various cookies and brownies. She likes to quilt and goes to church regularly. She has also buried three husbands.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
I love you e-ma, I love you gam gam

You survived polio and ww2 so I could post dumb poo poo on the internet

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
She's a grumpy old farmer but had a stroke last year and isn't doing too well these days.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

she gave me a ww2 copy of mein kampf

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

The Science of Suck posted:

My grandma got run over by a reindeer and you might have heard the song about it

True story, my step-mom has a friend who happens to be a Grandma, and had one Christmas Eve a deer (likely NOT a reindeer) jump out in front of her while she was on a snowmobile, and hit her. Technically, it was a case of "Grandma got ran over by a reindeer, coming home to our house, christmas eve". She was okay, but newspapers had to print up the story, because reporters love stupid stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willias
Sep 3, 2008
she had a stroke recently and apparently my uncle hasn't done a very good job of taking care of her these past few years even though her home and everything she owns is now in his name because he said he'd take care of her.

now she's in a rehab/nursing home, and it's not looking like she's getting any better, and my uncle is like "yeah, i'm done taking care of her" and no one has the money to put her in a nursing home.

which basically means everyone is really loving pissed off at my never worked a job after leaving the military and is a massive loving hoarder and has ruined my grandma's house uncle.

• Locked thread