Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Heat Spreadsheet
OOC/Discussion Thread

The Background

(Will be putting information here as we go)

The Roster

(Will be fixing this up when I have time)

Wrestlers:

El Canada
El Bavaro
Skyhawk
Cobra
Richard "The Surgeon" Royston
Howard "Howitzer" Reynolds
Goro "Chief" Ryotsu
Frankie Fishhook
Marcus "The Ranger" Riker
Thunder
Joseph "The Viper" Young
"The World Warrior" Konohiro Yamazaki
Damien Deville
"Five Star" Frank Cobb

Managers/Valets:

Smiling Sammy G

On-Screen Staff:

Donald Warren (Owner)
Mike Stanton (Heel Announcer)
Phil "California Power" Thomas (Face Announcer)
June Varelli (Backstage Interviewer)
Shaena and the PCW Dance Troupe

Off-Screen Staff:

"Gentleman" Gerald Glover (Road Agent)

The First Card:

CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Segment #1: Crowning A New Heavyweight Champion

Match #1: El Canada & El Bavaro vs Skyhawk & Cobra

Segment #2: Comments on Heavyweight Situation - Royston

Segment #3: Comments on Heavyweight Situation - Chief

Match #2: Richard "The Surgeon" Royston vs Howard "Howitzer" Reynolds

Segment #4: Comments on Heavyweight Situation - Riker

Match #3: Goro "Chief" Ryotsu vs Frankie Fishhook w/ Smiling Sammy G

Segment #5: Comments on Heavyweight Situation - Viper

Match #4: Marcus "The Ranger" Riker & Thunder vs Joseph "The Viper" Young & "The World Warrior" Konohiro Yamazaki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

-ON CAMERA-

A crowd of people, maybe in the 500s, is standing on their feet, cheering their hearts out as a giant logo flies across the screen. The logo shows signs of being from the 80s, the last time PCW could draw a crowd, with a cheesy looking wave over a very simplistic PCW. As the camera pans, a voice familiar to those who've seen PCW before, the sound of Phil Thomas' relaxing voice. He sounds happy, although not very energetic.

"Welcome, everyone. For some of you, welcome back. For others, welcome for the very first time. Welcome to Pacific Championship Wrestling's weekly show, Sunday Night Slam. We're back on the air for the first time in seven years. My name is Phil Thomas, some people still call me by my ring name, California Power. Tonight, you're going to see some of the best wrestling the west coast has to offer. With me is Mike Stanton, our very opinionated and energetic play-by-play man."

The camera finally moves to the two men, looking over the crowd. Phil moves to get some cheers from the crowd. Mike takes the opportunity to get himself some heat. "Despite my colleague's best efforts, this isn't the 80s anymore. Welcome! Tonight's card is packed from top to bottom with some of the biggest up and comers in the business. Assuming you're still awake after that intro, let's move it to the ring with our new owner, Donald Warren. He's going to give us a quick heads up on the Heavyweight title situation."

The camera goes back to the ring, where Warren is standing with an empty bracket standing next to him. He misses his cue by a solid fifteen seconds.

-BEHIND THE SCENES-

Gerald Glover, along with a few of the producers, are staring wide-eyed at the unmoving owner, and is already looking for people to send out there if needed.

-ON CAMERA-

Warren finally catches his cue and starts to ramble on. "Hi, everyone. I'm here today to explain to you how we are going to crown the new Pacific Champion..Um, Heavyweight..Championship." Warren starts to stammer, but tries to finish the thought. "To decide this, we're going to have a 16 man tournament, with the best from the west against..the.. best!" The crowd seems to be trying to cheer, but the screw ups are messing with the timing and the pacing.

"For this show, winning a match guarantees entry into the tournament! The rest will be chosen by lottery before the drawing of the brackets next show. Any questions?" The crowd groans at that, as some music starts to play, in a very generic sounding tune that sounds important, but not very memorable. This may be Warren's music.

-BEHIND THE SCENES-

Glover sighs. "Oh, for gently caress's sakes. Get the luchas out there. Preferably, about five minutes ago. Also, this owner thing isn't going to work out like this..Damnit."

-ON CAMERA-

"Big words, if he could get them out." Mike says with a bit of a sneer.

"Give the guy a break, you should have seen some of the guys back in the day. First time jitters are normal. Now, onto our first match, a tag team match with Lucha Libre rules featuring four masked men. It should be an amazing match, with energy to match Mike here. Let's go to the ring."

In the ring, after clearing out the stuff left in there by Warren, stands a stocky man with a deep voice, as he prepares to announce the team of Skyhawk and Cobra.

Match is, basically, Galaga controlling this team vs Frankenfreak controlling the Els. Tekopo and Unknown, one or both of you take announcing duties. Go ahead and do the full entrances before setting up the match proper. Also, if you haven't already, look up what your starting Audience and Momentum should be, and put it in the spreadsheet. If you have time, please edit the spreadsheet as needed to match the numbers of where things should be. Whoever has the highest starting momentum between Skyhawk and El Bavaro starts with control of narration.

Also also, for Propaganda and Tempus (when he gets back), go ahead and have Viper and Riker participate in the backstage stuff if you want. It's just an exasperated road agent at the moment, but it could change.

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Sep 22, 2014

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

-BEHIND THE SCENES-

Watching the current segment on a nearby monitor, Kevin glances over to his partner, Eduardo, as the two stretch and get ready just back stage. They've tagged together a couple times in the past, there are only the four of them when it comes to PCW's Resident Luchadores, so they often get paired together for tag matches. As the new Owner's unintentionally amusing intro ends, smiling a bit, Kev- Skyhawk throws out a few shadowboxing punches, mentally putting himself in character (what little character he has anyways).

"Well, Cobra, you ready to give El Canada and Bávaro a good thrashing and show these people what real wrestling is like?"

Before Cobra can respond though, the music starts up and its time to go.

-ON CAMERA-

Once Warren is cleared out and the area prepped, the music silences for a few seconds before shifting over to a energetic beat as two animal-masked wrestlers march out from backstage and down the ramp. Skyhawk breaks into a short sprint before performing a series of cartwheels and somersaults, stopping back to the edge of the ring, squatting down and cupping his hands together. Cobra takes his queue and dashes down, planting a boot in Skyhawk's hands and, with a lift from Skyhawk, performs a flip into the ring, Skyhawk slinging himself in shortly after.

The two circle the ring, raising their arms, waving, doing some light acrobatics, and generally just trying to get the crowd going. The two finish up by climbing opposite turnbuckles and raising both arms high, urging the crowds to get louder before suddenly backflipping off the posts and landing back to back in the center of the ring, feet apart. The two spin, slap a high-five and walk over to their side of the ring to await the entrance of their opponents.

(I assume our announcers cover the actual introduction stuff, so I just kept this at actions. If you do want me to cover the referee's intro blurbs, let me know and I'll edit them in). Jobber starts with Audience 0 (and thus momentum 0) so the opening is El Bávaro's

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Sep 22, 2014

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

-DOING COMMENTARY-

Mike audibly sighs when he sees Skyhawk and Cobra come into the ring, although it's not clear if the sigh is real or just part of the heel commentator act.

"Now Phil, I can appreciate a good fight as well as anyone else but this flippy lucha stuff is just not for me. When I want to see a wrestling match, I want to see tight, technical mat wrestling, not masked men throwing themselves at each other repeatedly! Surely you agree with me."

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
-BEHIND THE SCENES-

"Great. Now we've got our work cut out for us," Seth comments on the owner's promo, "Got to give them a good show out there." Andreas nods absent-mindedly as he's glancing over to Cobra. It's been a while since the two have been in the ring together and he wonders how quickly they could regain their in-ring chemistry. Cobra notices his look and gives him a nod that leaves El Bávaro puzzled as to what it means. El Canada has to pat him on his back to remind him they have to get out there.

-ON CAMERA-

"LOOOS INTERRRNATIONAAALEEEEEEES!", the announcer's voice booms as the team's generic rock entrance starts to play. El Canada and El Bávaro make their way to the ring, full of energy, giving high fives to fans holding our their hands. They pull themselves onto the apron and shake hands before flipping backwards into the ring. Both clap towards the audience on opposite sides of the ring. Then El Canada pats his partner on the back and turns him around. Seth whispers "Throw paper" to his partner as he clenches his right hand into a fist. Rock Paper Scissors to determine who starts the match in the ring is part of their routine and El Bávaro's paper beats El Canada's rock. The Canadian grabs his shoulders and shakes him, shouting "Let's do this, eh!" In the opposite corner, Cobra is already waiting. The referee signals to ring the bell.

The two luchadores circle each other before going into a collar-and-tie lockup. El Bávaro pushes his opponent and slips his arms forward to apply a simple headlock. Cobra shoves him away and into the ropes, falls prone to dodge the rebounding El Bávaro and throws him with an armdrag on the second rebound. The German rolls through the impact and ends up on his knees, giving his opponent an acknowledging nod. Cobra charges, but El Bávaro quickly reacts with an armdrag of his own.

He lets Cobra get back on his feet and they lock up again. Again, El Bávaro manages to transition into a headlock and again Cobra pushes him off into the ropes. Off the rebound, he leapfrogs over Cobra who leaned forward in hopes of a back body drop. El Bávaro goes for a clothesline as the comes back from the other side of the ring, but Cobra ducks it. On the third rebound, the Mexican again has the advantage and takes his opponent down with yet another arm drag. Holding on to the arm, Cobra drags him back up and twists it behind El Bávaro's back into a hammerlock. El Bávaro is visibly in pain as Cobra applies more and more pressure. Then he starts to rhythmically rock from left to right before flipping and cartwheeling out of the hold as luchadores tend to do. The sequence ends with El Bávaro having Cobra's arm twisted in a wrist lock, now slowly building the pressure on his opponent.

Wrestling (roll+Work): 2d6+2 10 +2 Momentum (now 3) and I would remain in control, but if Galaga has a good plan to get Cobra out of this predicament, I'll pass it to him.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The move says you retain control, so keep going. Its Lucha rules, so you could always change control eventually by having Cobra leave the ring.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
-ON CAMERA-

Cobra rolls forward, trying to relieve the pressure, but El Bávaro just twists his arm again. Cobra tries again, but El Bávaro just twists the arm in the other direction. Now Cobra rolls backward, to the surprise of his opponent. He uses the surprise to land a swift kick to El Bávaro's side, followed by one to the other. One hand's grip slips and reacts with a kick to the gut. Feeling the momentum shifting, El Bávaro pulls Cobra towards his corner and tags in El Canada.

El Bávaro delivers another kick to Cobra's gut and picks him up for a bodyslam while El Canada climbs to the top turnbuckle. He dives off for a simple splash, but Cobra is quick enough to roll out of the way and out of the ring. With Lucha rules in effect, Skyhawk is now the legal man and enters the ring as El Canada is slowly getting back up, clutching his midsection.

Hot Tag: 2d6 6 Galaga gains control and I have to give him 1 momentum.

I took the liberty of having the tag happen anyway, to give Galaga a chance to toy around with an NTC, too. ;)

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

- DOING COMMENTARY -

Before Phil can reply, Mike keeps going, calling the action as it happens in the ring.

"Well, nevermind that because it seems that the action has heated up already! It seemed almost like the Internationales had the upper hand there, managing to setup Cobra for a splash from El Canada from the turnbuckle, but Cobra managed to get out at the last minute. With these nonsensical lucha rules though he can just roll out of the ring to get Skyhawk into the match. How can you have a tag team match if you don't even do proper tags!"

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Apparently I'm one of the ones who is having trouble with gmail right now, so I can't register for Orokos because the verification email hasn't come in yet. :argh:

-On Camera

Skyhawk leaps over the top rope and into the ring, he closes in on El Canada but instead of striking him while he's down, shuffles around, alternating forward foot stances and beckoning his opponent to finish standing. Once back on his feet El Canada and Skyhawk square off, circling each other a full 360 degrees, looking for openings on each other. Skyhawk makes the first move, shifting forward and reaching out with his arms, seemingly going for a grapple. The feint works and as El Canada prepares to receive that, Skyhawk suddenly throws his arms back and kicks foward, planting a boot right into the Canadian's stomach. The man clenches his stomach and takes a knee, allowing Skyhawk to close in and hammer down a few blows on his opponent's head.

Reacting defensively El Canada gives Skyhawk a heavy push and gets back on both feet in the same motion. Skyhawk is hurtled against the ropes and rebounds towards El Canada, who attempts a clothesline. Skyhawk ducks the attack however and runs to the opposite rope, springing off it and, as El Canada spins around, Skyhawk leaps at him. The Canadian attempts to grab him mid-air, but this just gives Skyhawk the chance to plant his boots on the man's thighs, wrap his arms around the man's neck and toss him backwards in a well-executed Monkey-flip. El Canada crashes against the ropes and falls back onto the mat.

Wrestling(Work) 2d6+2 → [4,3,2] = (9) Gonna spend my Momentum for a +1, giving me a 10 and taking +2 Momentum and retaining control of the match.

I'll give my next move an hour or two to see if anyone wants to commentate. Plus maybe I'll get that activation email.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 23, 2014

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

-On Camera-

Skyhawk raises his arm up for the crowd for a second, while El Canada lays on the mat. A second later he walks forward, grabbing the Canadian and hauling him to his feet, dazed. Skyhawk delivers a stiff gutblow with one arm, causing the man to double over, and follows up by grabbing the man's shoulders, shoving El Canada's head between his legs. He's preparing for a powerbomb throw! Skyhawk once again raises his arms to get the crowd going, a critical mistake as this gives El Canada time enough to recover his senses. The Canadian grabs Skyhaw's legs and rears up with a roar, flinging an unprepared Skyhawk over his back and into the mat, turning the tables!

Wrestling(Power)2d6+0 → [1,1,0] = (2) I give El Canada (El Bávaro?) 1 momentum and his team takes control of the match! Easy come, easy go. :v:

Also, just to check, since this is Lucha rules its best 2 of 3 pins, right?

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Sep 23, 2014

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
- DOING COMMENTARY -

"Well, Mike, it's real simple: the Luchador is a strange creature, believed to be half-man half-bird, and their rules similar. But you gotta agree, few things make for a more entertaining match than good ol' teamwork, which is what this match is all about. Heck did you see that Monkey flip just now? Skyhawk firing on all cylinders tonight, determined to shift the momentum of the match in his favor."

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

- DOING COMMENTARY -

"That might be the case Phil, but setting up for that powerbomb was a mistake. El Canada reversed out of it and now it seems the momentum is back into the hands of Los Internationales. Things are certainly not looking good for Skyhawk..."

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
-ON CAMERA-

While Skyhawk lies there, holding his back, El Canada falls back on his knees. That has taken a lot out of him, too. He stretches his hand towards his partner, looking for the tag, but he's too far away. Cobra steps through the ropes and tries to stop him from getting into the corner, but with the last of his strength, El Canada leaps forward and touches El Bávaro's outstretched hand. Cobra charges at him while he's still on the apron, but El Bávaro drops down and pulls down the top rope, sending Cobra tumbling to the outside.

El Bávaro gets back up, surveying the situation. Skyhawk is still down, Cobra is slowly getting up from the protective mats outside. This a great opportunity to show off! Letting out a short yodel, he hops onto the second rope and springboards backwards off it, landing a moonsault bodypress on Cobra. All four men are down, both inside and outside the ring.

The momentum from Skyhawk goes to El Canada which means it's essentially gone since he's a NTC. At least that's how I think it works.
For the tag: Hot Tag: 2d6 6 - Spending one of El Bávaro's 2 momentum to turn it into a 7 and gain it back immediately, staying in control.
For the springboard move: Wrestling (roll+Work): 2d6+2 9 Wrestling (roll+Look): 2d6 7 - Look seemed like the better fit on second thought. I choose to retain control.
Before going on, let's hear the announcer's and the audience's response to this!

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
- COMMENTATING -

"And now it's going from bad to worse as El Canada gets the tag! But Cobra isn't going to let them get away with that and--OH MAN, Cobra takes a horrible tumble out of the ring! Bavaro could end it right here but--ohhh, you see that glint in his eyes, he's going for something bigger here, climbing up AND OVER! MOONSAULT TO COBRA!"

For those at home, it now starts going to an instant replay of the event, using slowmo to emphasize the aerodynamic form and solid landing of that last move..

"Mike I can tell you right now, you do not land a moonsault out of the ring without being in some major hurt yourself, even if you hit. Look at that, you can see the impact and the exact moment the wind got ripped right out of the both of 'em."

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

- COMMENTATING -

"I don't know who got hurt the most in that, Phil, Bavaro or Cobra! As spectacular as that was, though, this might allow Skyhawk some more breathing space while Bavaro picks himself up, so maybe this wasn't the wisest decision at this stage in the match."

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
-ON CAMERA-

El Bávaro is back on his feet, but clutching his midsection. It may not have been the wisest move at this juncture, but certainly spectacular - no regrets. Skyhawk is already back on his feet and awaits his opponent, landing several clubbing blows on his back as he is stepping through the ropes. Grabbing his stunned opponent, Skyhawk goes for a snap suplex. He quickly gets back up, slowly, holding his back. He points towards the corner and makes a waving motion, signalling he's going to the top.

His ascend to the top turnbuckle is slow, however, allowing El Bávaro to get back up and climb the turnbuckles as well. Skyhawk notices at the last moment, landing a forearm in El Bávaro's face. He seems to struggle, but doesn't fall and responds with a forearm of his own. Skyhawk strikes back and the two exchange blows. Then El Bávaro connects with two before Skyhawk can respond with a weaker blow. The German is winning this battle now. A few blows later, Skyhawk is resigned to sitting on the turnbuckle. El Bávaro yodels again, hops onto Skyhawk's shoulders and executes a wonderful hurricanrana from the top rope. He even manages to land on top of his opponent, reaches back to hook his legs. The ref counts 1. Skyhawk struggles. He counts 2. El Bávaro can barely hold him down. He counts 3! The bell rings and the announcer proclaims that Los Internationales have won the first fall!

Wrestling (roll+Heat): 2d6+1 9 - using one momentum to turn it into a 10. I retain control and choose to gain +1 heat with Skyhawk.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
-ON CAMERA-

Both teams regroup before the start of the second fall. Cobra helps Skyhawk back into their corner while El Canada convinces El Bávaro that he'll win the second fall for Los Internationales. El Bávaro gives his teammate some encouragement while Cobra waits in the opposite corner while Skyhawk is leaning on the turnbuckle, still recovering. The bell rings again and Cobra and El Canada circle each other. El Canada tries to close in to grapple, but Cobra forces him to retreat with swift low kicks. This goes on for little before El Canada puts up his hand, begging Cobra to stop. The Mexican stands there nonplussed while the Canadian runs into the ropes and comes back swinging for a clothesline, but Cobra swiftly ducks it and turns around, bowing down to catch El Canada for a back body drop. El Canada, however leapfrogs over him. Cobra falls prone on the mat, letting his opponent run over him as he rebounds from the ropes again. He quickly gets up and immediately jumps up for a dropkick, but El Canada holds onto the ropes to stop and Cobra only kicks air. Cobra falls on his back and is furious while El Canada does a little strut, infuriating his opponent even more.

Now Cobra runs the ropes, but El Canada has presence of mind and takes him down with an armdrag. Cobra rolls with it, but is getting even angrier. He charges at El Canada who ducks the clothesline, grabbing Cobra's hips from behind and doing a simple amateur takedown. He locks on a reverse chinlock. Cobra twists left and right, trying to get back on his feet and eventually succeeds. Driving his elbow into El Canada's gut he forces him to release the hold. He starts punching him, but then El Canada blocks one and strikes back. The two exchange blows, rapidly at first, but getting slower and slower. Then Cobra mixes it up with a high kick and El Canada responds in kind. A second kick from Cobra has El Canada reeling, but the Canadian manages to land one, too. Both are staggered as they both try for a third high kick to the head at the same time. Both connect and both men are down.

As the ref starts counting to ten, both El Canada and Skyhawk try to cheer their respective teammates on to get up and make the tag.

Galaga, I suggest you make the Hot Tag move here and narrate the results, possibly getting the second fall on a 7+.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

-On Camera-

Skyhawk climbs halfway up his corner's turnbuckle, shouting and motioning for his partner to snap out of it. As the seconds count down, Cobra and El Canada both struggle to their feet at the same time, but before either can get up properly they lock together in another grapple. El Canada gets the better of it and delivers a simple, but effective hip toss, smashing Cobra into the mat and throwing himself on top, going for the second fall!

1!

2!

. . .

Before the ref can slap down three Cobra manages to kick out of the weak pin. El Canada stands up, hauls Cobra onto his feet and delivers a quick blow to keep him dazed before Irish Whipping him and charging the opposite ropes. The two rebound and El Canada winds up a devastating clothesline. The early warning however gives Cobra enough time to react and he ducks... almost, the blow glances off the top of Cobra's head as the Canadian speeds past bouncing off the ropes again. While it lacked the full impact, it does enough damage and Cobra stumbles as he runs, however, whether by accident or design, Cobra's stumble is perfectly timed, as he shoulders down and crashes straight through the top two ropes and out of the ring!

Now the legal man of the match Skyhawk seizes the opportunity and scrambles up the rest of the turnbuckle. Lacking the time for anything fancy he immediately hurls himself off horizontally. El Canada finds himself running straight into a bodysplash and the two hit the mat with a resounding whump! Skyhawk is quick to roll onto his feet and closes in on the flattened Canadian to deliver the pin...

I'm still at work so I had to keep this sequence simple. Barring a botch I'll deliver the second fall on my next move (even if I have to burn all my momentum) when I get off In a few hours and we can transition into El Bavaro finishing things up, since Cobra and El Canada are both smashed and I'm the fall guy anyways :v:)

2d6+0=7 Hot Tag (Heat)

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Sep 24, 2014

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

- COMMENTATING -

"And we have our first fall! I wasn't expecting much from Skyhawk in this match but he's clearly out for blood in the very first ever match of the PCW! And wow, what a bone-crunching bodyslam off the turnbuckle and IMMEDIATELY HE GOES FOR THE PIN!"

Gonna make you go over, Skyhawk, bump up your next roll :)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

-ON CAMERA-

Skyhawk moves in and swiftly puts El Canada into a simple, but effective cradle pin. Despite the damage he's endured, however, El Canada still manages to struggle, attempting to kick out. The count reaches two, and El Canada suddenly switches up, freeing one hand and delivering a solid punch to Skyhawk's head, breaking the pin. Skyhawk rolls away and stands up, before he can do anything, however El Canada surges to his feet, grabbing his opponent in the same motion and lifting him straight off the floor into his signature Bear Hug!

Skyhawk writhes around for a second before raining down a series of elbow on his opponent. The Canadian takes elbow after elbow, just when it seems he'll never give up, Skyhawk suddenly swings out both hands and delivers a bell clap, smacking either side of the Canadian's head with open palms. El Canada immediately releases his grip, dazed, and Skyhawk drops to his feet. Before the Canadian can recover Skyhawk shifts back and one foot and suddenly delivers a solid karate kick to El Canada's chest. El Canada stumbles back, collapsing onto the ropes, and Skyhawk charges forward into the ropes next to El Canada and uses this leverage and momentum to deliver a solid Enziguri Kick! The Canadian is knocked back off the ropes and onto the mat. Skyhawk wastes no time and delivers a successful pin before the Canadian can recover.

Skyhawk walks back to his corner, triumphant, raising his arm for the crowd as the third and final fall of the match is about to begin.

Wrestling (Look): 2d6-2 = 4, -Put Over- to a 7-9 result I surrender control to the opposition and gain +1 Momentum. Good thing you bumped me Tekopo. Its a shame I didn't get a full 10+ hit though, I would done a Flashhawk, my "not really a Finisher" Finisher. :v:

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Sep 24, 2014

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

-BACKSTAGE-

"Are you kidding me, an enziguri to a fall? Where are we, Mexico?" Another one of the older road agents, the man who used to announce in Phil's stead, Doug Masters. He could pretend to be a decent human being, but he was known as a real scumbag backstage. Possibly racist, homophobic, sexist, the whole nine yards of terribleness. He was kept on because Warren didn't know anything about the real Doug. "Look, we're going to need to talk to these guys when they get back here. We can't have them "

Hard choices abound.

-ON SCREEN-

The ref gets close to Skyhawk, giving him the finish first before the others. "Skyhawk, you can take Bavaro's finisher, right? Book says we need to protect Cobra here, you know how it is."

Telegraphing the finish here, but not calling it yet. Go ahead and get a few more sequences in.

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
- BACKSTAGE -

Riker arrives backstage, eager to get in position later in the card if he can get squeezed in, when he hears the road agent's remark.

"What are you playin' at, man, this is good work! Keep the racist crap for the Klan rally, and let the real talent do their jobs."

He sneers a bit, and resumes watching, doing some idle stretches while he's at it.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
-OFF CAMERA/OFF MIC-
"They're trying way too hard to make the first match a spectacle, Mike. Why would you ever try a Moonsault when it ain't the main event, it's way too risky."

-COMMENTATING-

"ONE, TWO, THR--OH and one hell of a kickout there! El Canada doesn't want anything less than a shutout, and that Bear Hug is his try to clinch it! ...But oh wait! Skyhawk's fighting back! Elbow after elbow, breaking loose of the hold, raining blows just trying to keep the man down. And it pays off! Enziguri, going for the pin to tie this up! One, TWO, THREE!"

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

-OFF CAMERA/OFF MIC-
"You know those luchadors, most of them are half-crazy, half-insane, but they are good wrestlers. I can't really begrudge trying to shine on their first outing. They've hit all their spots so far and at least they are helping the fans to get warmed up."

-COMMENTATING-

"And the two teams tie on pins! Now I ain't a fan of these luchadors, but they sure proved their mettle. Might even be able to face against some real wrestlers in the future! And the final bout is underway: both teams seem to be equally battered, so who will prevail? Cobra and Skyhawk made quite a comeback there but do they have enough left to win the match?"

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
-ON CAMERA-

Skyhawk stands in his corner, yelling at El Bávaro to hurry up. The German ushers his teammate back into their own corner before turning towards his opponent, ready for the third fall. The two men don't waste time, locking up immediately. They trade holds and counterholds for a bit before resorting to blows to break the opponent's hold and then applying their own. When Skyhawk finds himself with El Bávaro's arms wrapped around his waist from behind, he blindly throws an elbow at the man behind him. El Bávaro responds by lifting him up and bridging backwards, delivering a German the Bavarian Suplex. As always with his signature maneuver, he keep bridging and hold Skyhawk down for the pin. One! Two! Skyhawk manages to shift his weight enough to make both men roll to the side. El Bávaro is still holding on, though, and as they rise back to their feet, he delivers another German, but this time doesn't manage to hold on.

Skyhawk is prone on the mat, though, and El Bávaro makes sure of that by launching himself onto him with a senton. He gets back up and lets out a loud, long yodel, his signal that he's going for his finisher. He climbs to the top turnbuckle and dives off with a twisting moonsault he calls Mondrakete. He hits it, but Skyhawk rolls with the momentum and rolls up El Bávaro. One! Two! El Bávaro manages roll the two man package further, now pinning. One! Two! THREE! Los Internationales win!

El Bávaro lets go and skips into the corner to high five El Canada. He returns to the center of the ring where a disappointed Skyhawk is on his knees. El Bávaro extends his right hand...

Wrestling (roll+Work): 2d6+2 6 - spending my last momentum to turn this into a 7. Retaining control.
Finishing Move: 2d6 8 - Skyhawk makes me work for it, +1 heat with him.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

- COMMENTATING -

"And the final bout begins! With everything to play for, Skyhawk and El Bavaro immediately lock up! El Bavaro wraps up from behind and throws a german suplex!" Mike pretends to have something whispered to him by Phil "What do you mean it's called a Bavarian suplex? That's just ridiculous! BUT WAIT, EL BAVARO GOES FOR THE PIN! ONE, TWO AAAAAND it's broken by Skyhawk! El Bavaro brings his opponent and hits him with another GERMAN suplex. Skyhawk is in trouble now as he eats a back splash from El Bavaro, but El Bavaro doesn't cover up! What's he doing?! HE'S GOING FOR THE TOP ROPE! It's the Mondrakete! SKYHAWK COUNTERS! ONE, TWO, OH MY GOD, EL BAVARO ROLLS SKYHAWK FOR HIS OWN PIN! ONE, TWO, THREE! The match is over! And what a finish for El Bavaro!"

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

-On Camera-

Skyhawk takes El Bavaro's assistance getting up. He nods to his opponent and turns the assistance into a firm, sportsmanly handshake, claps him on the shoulder and nods before shuffling off, noticeably winded. He exchanges nods and handshakes with Cobra as well before exiting the arena and heading backstage.

Do The Job 2d6: 9 [2d6=3, 6] I do "ok", and gain 1 heat with El Bavaro.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
-ON CAMERA-

El Canada gets into the ring to hug his partner. After some patting of backs, they raise their hands and pose for a moment before leaving the ring and heading backstage.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
-COMMENTATING-

"And that is exactly the kind of match we like to see starting us off. Four great competitors giving it their all, and being good sports about it too."

-OFF MIC-
Phil reclines in his seat and puts down the headset while the next segment sets up. "I think they pulled it off. Now if we can get to the main event without any more bumps I think we're golden. Nice improv back there by the way."

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

-OFF CAMERA/BACKSTAGE-

A drained Skyhawk slips behind the arena curtain, and, after a quick check for any cameramen, grabs a towel and a large water bottle from nearby cooler marked STAFF. While stretching out sore muscles, he greedily gulps down nearly half the bottle before stopping to take a deep breath, dumping the rest onto his shoulders and back, immediately grabbing another bottle. Hopefully management would be pleased with the four's performance.

He's still near the arena entrance when Los Internationales come through. He raises his bottle up acknowledging them and smiles, giving them with a happy, but weary-toned greeting. "Nice match guys, the others are gonna have to work their asses off to match that."

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

-OFF CAMERA-BACKSTAGE-

Riker:

Masters gives a look at Riker, and looks to be about to say something when Warren shows up. Warren looks like he's about to sweat through his suit, and some of the road agent types seem to already be preparing to otherwise get into the man's good graces. The older gentlemen looks at them, nervously. "So, how did I do?"

No one seems to want to answer right away, but are all giving one another looks. "Well, it could use a little work.." was the closest thing to an answer, given by Grover as he looks at the others.

The Match Participants:

Seth looks to the left and right, pulling off his maple leaf mask a little. "Hey, I'm just happy to get out there at all. Kinda wish I didn't have to wear the mask, but a payday's a payday, am I right? Better than any other gigs further east, ya know?"

Right as Canada ended his sentence, one of the other wrestlers waiting in the Gorilla Position speaks up. It's Frank Cobb, donning a business suit and not looking like he's ready for a match. "Keep it down about the paychecks. I heard that Warren's been really weird about who's getting paid and who's not."

Off the top of Skyhawk's head, he knows he's still getting paid the same he was before the buyout.

Viper:

June Varelli is out, dressed in a professional-looking outfit and helping the TV crew set up the interview area. After a quick switch of programming, the booking crew decided that Viper would be the first one to go, since he'll probably be the best to remember. June gives a serious, short nod, looking over her notecards. "We've still got a few minutes, but are you ready? You need anything?"

On-Camera:

The announcers are hyping the tournament, saying that the roster will be filling out as needed to get the sixteen men needed to fill the tournament. There are even talks of amazing talents from all over the world, which could just be pure hype. Whatever it is, this thing is being sold as really important.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

-OFF CAMERA-BACKSTAGE-

Skyhawk glances over at Five Star, cocking an eyebrow (though that'd be difficult for any of them to tell under his mask in the dim lighting) before turning and shrugging to Seth. "Eh, the mask isn't so bad, but yeah, I hear ya. That said you could always try to convince management to put ya on a story leading up to a good ol' máscara contra cabellera. I'd suggest Yamazaki as your foe, but he's already bald." Skyhawk chuckles softly at his own (probably bad) joke. "Anyways, since I'm pretty sure I won't be having a camera stuffed in my face soon, I'm gonna go check in. Later Seth, Andreas, Eduardo*, Frank."

Kevin gives the group a relaxed half-wave and heads further backstage, taking another long drink from his water bottle as he goes. Once out of ear shot he mutters absentmindedly to himself. "Well, at least with the current roster size I'll probably get into the new boss' big brewhaha anyways, at least I hope so..." a few seconds pass, "Aww c'mon Kev, be more optimistic, you put on a good show back there, its like Skyhawk said, you just gotta not give up."

* Assuming Cobra has come backstage by now.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Sep 26, 2014

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
-OFF CAMERA-BACKSTAGE-

The Viper has been pacing furiously since he was called out for the interview, sometimes pausing to shadowbox for a few blows.

"Are you all right? Do you need anything?"

With lighting being set up for the cameras, you could spot his dilated pupils a mile away. Dark circles betrayed his lack of sleep, and his lips were dry and cracked.

"No, thanks, ma'am! I'm totally ready!"

"We're going on in just a few minutes. I'm going to need you calm enough to breathe and answer everything-"

"Look, I know how to give an interview."

She motioned to her assistant for some water. She just didn't know how she was going to get him to drink it.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

- OFF CAMERA BACK-STAGE -

Royston comes in from the locker: he had been getting ready for his segment, waiting for June to come do her segment where Royston would speak about the situation with the Heavyweight championship. He would be the first wrestler in the PCW which would have a chance to cut a promo, which had gotten Royston excited about the possibility. This was before a road agent came into the locker room and told Royston that there had been a switch of programming and actually Viper was going to cut the first promo instead of Royston, prompting Royston to storm out to find June before the promo started.

"Wait wait wait June, what happened to my segment?!"

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

-INTERVIEW, BACKSTAGE-

June looks over at Royston, trying not to roll her eyes. "You two need to keep in the loop. Things are being switched around to try to setup for the upcoming matches. We're going to do Viper's first, then yours. Right before your match. You'll have plenty of time to handle everything, there's a commercial break between when they show Viper's and your own. They were hoping to turn this into a more reality-based atmosphere."

June straightens up, checking some of the lights and trying to help the producers set everything up.

Viper's gonna do an interview first, it'll be a few prompts, and you roll one Cut a Promo or Break Kayfabe move, depending on what's actually being said. Also, there's some time to chat before the interview prompt below. I may tone down the number of alternative things going on in the future, but right now, it works to keep things on track.

CAMERA ON, INTERVIEW

June smiles towards the camera as the red light turns on. "Thank you, Mike. Thank you, Phil. I'm here with the one they call The Viper, the former all-American himself, Joseph Young. Given the announcement from the owner, Donald Warren, how do you like your chances of making it into the tournament tonight when you team with Konohiro Yamazaki against Marcus Riker and Thunder?"

-BACKSTAGE, LUCHADORS-

"Wonder who they're bringing for that tournament. Hopefully no one from Mexico, ain't that right, Bavaro?" Cobra nods over towards the Bavarian. "I mean, this is our shot at getting away from all that mess down south. I don't hold any grudges, but you should've heard some of the boys."

Seth shrugs, looking at the others. "Well, it's not like Warren's gonna give any of us a chance in the heavyweights, anyways. He's not a big size guy, but he's not exactly looking to make enemies, from what I've seen. Just shout at him, and he jumps back."

-BACKSTAGE, WARREN-

The conversation went on, with everyone trying to nicely imply that Warren could've done better.

"I got this idea from reading one of the press releases. How about we go with the good old rich people buying everything angle? Look, I'm not saying that you did a bad job out there, but we need some people more dynamic. And the best news is, we don't need anyone big. Just someone who can talk. And they'll give you a foil, and give you something to work with. Then, you can have guys like Riker here, and you'll be the little guy fighting for control." Doug suggests, which very much seems like a chance to stick Riker with the charisma vacuum that is Warren.

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
- BACKSTAGE -

Riker looks momentarily taken aback. "You know, I may just be the talent, but we could always try for the 'bent management screwing people over' angle. Gets the marks going strong to see the little guy win, lets guys like me do the 'speaking out against authority' thing, and really lets you put anyone over that you want if they're working with the suits. Everybody loves a good heel, right?"

He pauses, offering a genial shrug to Warren. "No offense meant, of course, sir. It's your call, I'm just throwing some conjecture and I'm sorry if I'm outta line."

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

- BACKSTAGE -

"Well someone should have bloody told me then!" mumbles Royston as he slowly walks away, giving space for June and Viper to do their interview. Well, at least his promo hadn't been cut altogether. Royston was kind of apprehensive about it: the promos both within the MMA and during his stint doing the british indie circuit hadn't given him much chance to do anything that would be immediately televised, live. Getting back to the locker room, Royston tried to find Howitzer, his opponent in his first PCW bout: they still had a few things to go over in terms of planning the match.

Anyone feel free to take over Howitzer (ideally whoever is going to play him in the match)

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
CAMERA ON, INTERVIEW

"Looking beautiful, June! Have you lost weight?"

The awkward silence was palpable.

"Look, babe, I'm not worried about Riker. He's all Semper Fi this and Colors Don't Run that, but if he was a real hero, he wouldn't be in here parading his sketchy military record for that championship belt. He'd still be out there in the poo poo. He'd still be out there doing god's work for the United States of America!

"So what does he do? He parades around the PCW like he's hot poo poo. He goes on about what a special agent he was, he'd tell you but then he'd have to kill you. You know what? That guy couldn't kill me if he tried. I bet he wasn't even a Marine at all! He's weak and he's spineless, and he uses the flag of our great nation to hide behind.

"Despicable.

"I'm gonna go in there tonight with Yamazaki, and we're going to show that cocky son of a bitch what teamwork actually looks like. He might learn something, if he can manage to turn his head from inside that self-choke."

Cut a Promo; 2d6+Look(1): 11 Score! +1 momentum, +1 heat with Riker.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

ON CAMERA

June starts by narrowing her eyes, then follows up by selling the surprise of the interview. The crowd gives a solid mixed reaction, some booing of the trashing of the war hero while others seem to go along with Viper's promo. As soon as it was over, June's eyes stay wide. "You do realize that this is going to be shown on television, right? I'm not sure management will appreciate all the..vulgarity, do you?"

There is a visual cue given from June towards the camera, and one of the assistants gives Royston a look, pointing into the scene.

I'd go with letting Viper get a word or two in, before Royston barges in.

OFF CAMERA

"Even better! We can work a hostile takeover. Do we have anyone back there who looks good in a suit? Ideally people who are good on the mic?" Doug nods towards Warren, then wanders off, not waiting for a response from either of them. Warren sighs softly. "Well, it doesn't sound so bad. Whatever he meant."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
ON CAMERA

"It's not about vulgarity or word choice, babe. It's about heart. It's about who's got it, and who don't. Mothers of America, I'm sorry if I taught your little precious a bad word or two here this evening, but none of you can look at me and try to say that I don't got heart.

"Riker? He left his heart with his two-dollar whores in Okinawa."

• Locked thread